Merging threads? - More forum censorship?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 am

zarababe wrote:Yes and Lando has been banned again :angry: after people insist on insults such as calling Rafa a 'baffoon' :angry:

If Rafa was a poster on here, people would get carded for calling him names and not discussing.  But he is not.

Lando does that, but with posters.  Yeah sometimes the person is a tw@t and says it like it is but the mods can't be biased towards one of the two sides.
SupitsJonF

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 am

Number 9 wrote:Thank fu,ck..put all bigmicks anti rafa stuff in one place!
lets face it,take away the trimmings,the cornice and frills..lift the petticoat and you will see the same thing..a fanny!There were too many threads all with the same agenda.To shi'te on the manager!

Mods Dundalks thread was seperate like..merging it with Micks moans was wrong in my humble opinion!

Dear oh dear. The keyboard gangster off again I see.

Go for yer life big man  :cool:

EDIT: I've just taken the kids down the swings and thought about this situation. It's a shame really because I remember some time ago Barry went through this stage where he was constantly on my case, then he was OK again, now we're back to square one unfortunately.

One of the reasons I don't get involved in Internet flame wars is quite simply because I don't enjoy it. Not only is it pointless, but I have enough grief in real life without wanting to come on here and do the same. I've always had them jobs where you get more than your fair share of aggro, be it running boozers in Sarf Landen, betting shops in Harlesden Norf Landen, or sex shops in New Zealand.

I'm like a magnet for it. Shouldawouldacoulda stayed at school and got meself an education then I could've got a proper job, earn't some proper money and not had to deal with c...s all day long.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, I can't be bothered with internet rows. I don't particularly like face to face rows either to be totally honest, but sometimes you got no choice. At least there's a point to it though usually, and at least you do see some closure when push comes to shove. Everyone gets the chance to understand each other better shall we say, and you move on. 

So I'll do me best to ignore ya Baz, you crack on till your hearts content, but if it all gets to the point where I start to bite and really gets on me tits, I'll go for the old "ignore poster" move again. I've "unignored" my previously ignored poster for the last week or so and that's been OK, so there's a slot free.

Course an even better conclusion, would be that you either give it a rest or failing that, put me on your ignore list. That way, it'd save you getting yourself all worked up as you won't have to read my posts anymore.

Anyways, as always I come in peace, and please know that if I do cut you off, it's not personal but I simply can't be bothered with the arguments or the bullsh!t.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 am

One of the reasons I don't get involved in Internet flame wars is quite simply because I don't enjoy it. Not only is it pointless, but I have enough grief in real life without wanting to come on here and do the same. I've always had them jobs where you get more than your fair share of aggro, be it running boozers in Sarf Landen, betting shops in Harlesden Norf Landen, or sex shops in New Zealand.

I sincerely respect a lot that point of view of not wanting flame wars, and that the true problems of the life are in real life.

I have to warn you though, that I'm going to be pretty harsh with the content of your posts (not bigmick the guy) because as of late I'm disagreeing you more radically than usual.

That is, top respect to you as a guy, but don't think I want flame wars if I'm a bit harsh with what you write.

Never forget there's a cultural gap with this latino. When, you, for instance, post that we could be 17 years with Rafa and not quite winning it, I'll tendo to give that view stick because such predictions are pretty complex in my view and I see it as an exageration. If you post "where are the pros?" the latino part of me might jump and say "here I am". But it's nothing more than posts, even when I'm angry, I'm not angry because of you, rather, the situation of the club.

All that said, I think you deserve the outmost respect as a guy. Then of course sometimes we'll discuss about THE CONTENT of our posts more or less hotly, but at least in my case do not have doubts I have the same attitude as you when it comes to avoid personal flame wars.

You're pretty much the same guy of one year ago, two year ago, three years ago.

The only thing that has changed is your views about something, but that hasn't anything to do with you being a good bloke or not.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Sabre wrote:

I sincerely respect a lot that point of view of not wanting flame wars, and that the true problems of the life are in real life.

I have to warn you though, that I'm going to be pretty harsh with the content of your posts (not bigmick the guy) because as of late I'm disagreeing you more radically than usual.

That is, top respect to you as a guy, but don't think I want flame wars if I'm a bit harsh with what you write.

Never forget there's a cultural gap with this latino. When, you, for instance, post that we could be 17 years with Rafa and not quite winning it, I'll tendo to give that view stick because such predictions are pretty complex in my view and I see it as an exageration. If you post "where are the pros?" the latino part of me might jump and say "here I am". But it's nothing more than posts, even when I'm angry, I'm not angry because of you, rather, the situation of the club.

All that said, I think you deserve the outmost respect as a guy. Then of course sometimes we'll discuss about THE CONTENT of our posts more or less hotly, but at least in my case do not have doubts I have the same attitude as you when it comes to avoid personal flame wars.

The only thing that has changed is your views about something, but that hasn't anything to do with you being a good bloke or not.

in bold quote above

in that case dont double up a thread which i started way back

ie: real madrid and liverpool - i thought all match talk went in one thread. i started an alternative thread (similar to your double up one)  a while ago now about a victory, with a match thread available - mine was deleted off board. i cannot understand why yours hasnt been deleted off mick !??!

???
Last edited by Judge on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Hopefully not Sabes. I know some think I'm a c..., (might be a few more than some to tell the truth) but that's up to them.

I am going through one of those periods though where people are paraphrasing me and reading what they want to read, rather than what I actually write. You've just done it there with your "Where are the pro's" quote. I didn't say that. I actually praised Lando for coming on when everyone was slagging the manager off. He was a lone voice, and I said fair play to him for coming on. I rarely agree with lando, but he's like that and when you know your going to take a few, it takes guts and I said so. There's a huge difference between what I said and what you think I said. Not a "nuance" difference, a different meaning altogether.

Also, I do think that if Rafa is the manager of Liverpool for 17 seasons we will never win the Premiership. That though when you really look at it, is not so unbelieveable as it first seems. Firstly, regardless of who is the manager, can anybody say for certain that we will win the league in the next 17 seasons? We are currently slightly outspent, but that could turn into hopelessly outspent a year or two down the track. Then we'd be another west Ham, Sunderland etc and they ain't winning the Prem in the next 17 years you can be sure of that. But I don't think the brand of football which we play is condusive to winning the league. That's my view, not trying to be offensive, that's what I think. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, this season would be a good time to be proven so, but we'll see.

But anyway Sabes, i've always liked you and like talking football with you. Some on the anti side obviously don't, and that's for them. I think your a good bloke, but very sensitive these days. It'll pass no doubt     :)
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:36 pm

We know Judge, we know , YOU started the thread in which we beat Madrid. YOU are now as famous as Bermenstein  :D
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 pm

for the record BigMick, i dont think you're a c... far from it.
Just annoyed me that post being ruined by people having to mention the semantics...

anyways.... threads will always be merged when not needed and left alone when they should be merged, people always disagree but thats life
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm

s@int wrote:We know Judge, we know , YOU started the thread in which we beat Madrid. YOU are now as famous as Bermenstein  :D

yeah, but Fu*king micks trying to muscle in with his double up thread  :pirate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Judge wrote:
Sabre wrote:

in bold quote above

in that case dont double up a thread which i started way back

ie: real madrid and liverpool - i thought all match talk went in one thread. i started an alternative thread (similar to your double up one)  a while ago now about a victory, with a match thread available - mine was deleted off board. i cannot understand why yours hasnt been deleted off mick !??!

???

Judgie i can't understand either mate. I can't understand where your threads gone, why it's gone, why mine hasn't, why i doubled up, or what you're on about  :D

I can't understand on another thread when I was trying to make the peace why I got involved in a row, Why i'm not a real fan, and what the feck is going on TBH.

Truth is though I'm knacked, so i'm gonna go to bed and forget about the whole thing till tomorrow.

Did I say it was a great result against madrid and Rafa deserves loads of credit? I did? Ok that's cool. See you's all tomorrow.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:43 pm

yeah bye, now fu'ck off :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Judge wrote:yeah bye, now fu'ck off :D

Fecking knew you'd have to get the last word in  :angry:  :p  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 pm

RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:53 pm

account deleted by request

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Jeez, I can't believe what I'm reading here, Big Mick in rows? :D

In the mods defence merging threads is a very handy way of keeping order on the forum without removing the original content.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum