Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Santa » Sun May 30, 2004 4:28 am

End of season withdrawal symptom :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 30, 2004 2:24 pm

big al wrote:JBG if you get fired for upsetting me then that would be a travesty.  Leon  Thing is lots of people including myself post threads out of anger and then have to crawl back later to apologise but I see they all seem to be done with no forethought or malice directed at individuals.  Stu for example has told me on many occasions he thinks I'm talking balls and thats fair enough, but with you mate I get the feeling that its just part of the game. 

As for my age I'm 38 years old this 4th of July and I worked for a 10 years as a docker in Belfast, Mate I've seen it all and heard it all. So I'm no wee sheltered fella, on top of that I've saw people dying since I was four years old, I went back to University as a mature student having left school in fourth year, for the last tens years I've been working with kids all across belfats trying to help the develop as individuals and human beings.  I'd say one thing I have is a very good judge of character,  Young dom and Beavis there are really exceptionally talented young men.  But Leon theres something about you mate that makes me think your an angry 25 year old who has the world on his shoulders,  I could be And hope I'm way wrong about you, perhaps your a really nice bloke who becomes Mr Hyde when Liverpool FC is metioned.  I don't want thisto turn into some grudge match between us but I'll tell one thing " I don't know everything mate but I know them that does"  so I won't post anything that contradicts you infact I'll steer well clear of that. Life too short and you know what so is the bloody football season.

So you think that cus you are older you have a better outlook on life. I commend your work with children, and I appreciate you have seen a lot, but how does this make what I say or post wrong?

I know people will disagree, and I do quite often with what is said on this forum. Does that mean I am wrong? I dont think so.

This game you talk of, what is this?

Also, you say that Dom and Beavis are exceptional young and talented. what rubbish. You can tell this from what they post ? My ar*e. You work with kids so now you can tell a lot about someone you have never met by what they write on a web based forum? Are you trying to tell me you know me cus of what I post ? Again what a load of ******.

You obviously think that having lived in Belfast makes you a psychologist?

I never said you should not post stuff that contradicts me. I said that YOU contradict YOURSELF.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun May 30, 2004 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun May 30, 2004 5:16 pm

awww.......

Don't cry, poor little leon :D

As for al he has been here a lot longer than you and knows more when it comes to other members.
Thats all i gotta say.....

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby big al » Sun May 30, 2004 7:53 pm

Leon I don't want war of words with you so unless you've anything constructive to add your opinion is duly noted.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Sun May 30, 2004 7:58 pm

big al wrote:I've PM this to supersub

you've created an elite forum where posts are now being edited and deleted where long standing members are being treated like ******. This forum would not exist without Beavis and dom1 and cheesey. If they had'nt been posting for all the early months of this forum then no one would have come here now they are treated like outcasts mate somethings been wrong in our club, now its ozzing onto this forum

here, here , i totally agree with every word mate

ps i dont really think you have a fat a.rse
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Sun May 30, 2004 8:01 pm

You do And I do:D
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Sun May 30, 2004 8:12 pm

Dom1 wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:I made a mistake with Big Als post and I have aplogised to Big Al for that in private.

The new forum is not about censorship nor about valuing some people's opinions more than others.

Its simply about letting Liverpool fans talk about serious issues about Liverpool LFC in peace.

There are plently of other forums throughout the website which anyone can talk in: the Advanced Forum is only a small part of the overall website.

As for Cheesie, Dom and Beavis: I don't really know you guys at all as I have spent most of my time on this website in the Liverpool: General Chat. The new forum is only for issues about LFC, and seeing that you guys don't support the club then whats the problem?

just to correct you there....

Beavis is actually a liverpool fan  :D

stop trying to drop me in the ****** Dom , you know i am too :angry:
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Sun May 30, 2004 8:37 pm

yes and so is cheesey :D  me too (just ignore the avatar, that was a prank by cheesecakery)
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby JBG » Mon May 31, 2004 12:44 pm

So Cheesie, if I was to say stuff like....

Gary Neville is a muck monster who likes to eat tins cans
RVN has a face like a horse
Brian McClair's new goatie beard makes him look like a pederist...

etc etc etc

you wouldn't feel anyway insulted?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby simic_ie » Mon May 31, 2004 1:37 pm

To add my tuppence ha'penny worth.... I was surprised at the start of the Premium forum to see that Beavis, Dom1 and Cheesy, weren't allowed in and presumed that this was an oversight on the moderators part. But to be honest I'm disappointed they are not in their at this stage because at least they will bring a bit of humour into the place.

I agree with the fact that it is nessecary to have a part of the forum with just the serious topics being discussed without sifting thru the 100th " Who will be our next manager" poll within the space of two hours, but that doesn't mean we exclude regular posters who have never been abusive or threatening ot anybody in this forum in anyway.

I accept your point JBG that the three lads have never been what you would call serious posters but I think.. if they could agree to use the Premium forum to post serious posts and leave all their "oddness " on the outside, then there shouldn't be a problem. The 100 post minimum is an excellent idea beacuse it means that we should at least have some kind of idea how people post. Oh and lads.. just think of the Premium area as a VIP room of a nightclub.. all the best stuff happens in there but if you go up to the bouncer with your pants around your ankles, you ain't gonna get in, smarten up a bit and keep wearing a belt there shouldn't be a problem.

P.S You should see the new Swedish masseuse in there.....
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 pm

simic_ie wrote:if they could agree to use the Premium forum to post serious posts and leave all their "oddness " on the outside, then there shouldn't be a problem. The 100 post minimum is an excellent idea beacuse it means that we should at least have some kind of idea how people post. Oh and lads.. just think of the Premium area as a VIP room of a nightclub..

To a point, yes, but the new forum is strictly for Liverpool fans only.

Also, I don't agree that "all the best stuff goes on in there": its only one forum of 17 on this website which allows people to talk seriously about issues concerning Liverpool FC. Most of the hot topics still take place in LFC: General Discussion where everyone, even non Liverpool fans, participate.

Not too much to ask, is it, seeing that this is a Liverpool FC website?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Mon May 31, 2004 4:44 pm

hope nobody objects to me movng this topic to general chat.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Mon May 31, 2004 5:00 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
simic_ie wrote:if they could agree to use the Premium forum to post serious posts and leave all their "oddness " on the outside, then there shouldn't be a problem. The 100 post minimum is an excellent idea beacuse it means that we should at least have some kind of idea how people post. Oh and lads.. just think of the Premium area as a VIP room of a nightclub..

To a point, yes, but the new forum is strictly for Liverpool fans only.

Also, I don't agree that "all the best stuff goes on in there": its only one forum of 17 on this website which allows people to talk seriously about issues concerning Liverpool FC. Most of the hot topics still take place in LFC: General Discussion where everyone, even non Liverpool fans, participate.

Not too much to ask, is it, seeing that this is a Liverpool FC website?

I was going to take that all the best stuff part out and I didn't mean it to apply to what the forum is about I just meant it to refer to my nightclub reference.. you know everybody thinks its so much better but in the end you nearly before being on the outside, but anyway I'll retract it if it came across wrong, also no problem either with the strict Liverpool fans rule, thats fair enough but to the best of my knowledge Cheesy and Beavis are Liverpool fans and if Dom wasn't s out there with his avatar and statements would we know any better?? By the way Cheesey, don't prove me wrong and and make me look like a tool by acting like a Manc poof!!  :;):
Last edited by simic_ie on Mon May 31, 2004 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Mon May 31, 2004 5:05 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
big al wrote:JBG if you get fired for upsetting me then that would be a travesty.  Leon  Thing is lots of people including myself post threads out of anger and then have to crawl back later to apologise but I see they all seem to be done with no forethought or malice directed at individuals.  Stu for example has told me on many occasions he thinks I'm talking balls and thats fair enough, but with you mate I get the feeling that its just part of the game. 

As for my age I'm 38 years old this 4th of July and I worked for a 10 years as a docker in Belfast, Mate I've seen it all and heard it all. So I'm no wee sheltered fella, on top of that I've saw people dying since I was four years old, I went back to University as a mature student having left school in fourth year, for the last tens years I've been working with kids all across belfats trying to help the develop as individuals and human beings.  I'd say one thing I have is a very good judge of character,  Young dom and Beavis there are really exceptionally talented young men.  But Leon theres something about you mate that makes me think your an angry 25 year old who has the world on his shoulders,  I could be And hope I'm way wrong about you, perhaps your a really nice bloke who becomes Mr Hyde when Liverpool FC is metioned.  I don't want thisto turn into some grudge match between us but I'll tell one thing " I don't know everything mate but I know them that does"  so I won't post anything that contradicts you infact I'll steer well clear of that. Life too short and you know what so is the bloody football season.

So you think that cus you are older you have a better outlook on life. I commend your work with children, and I appreciate you have seen a lot, but how does this make what I say or post wrong?

I know people will disagree, and I do quite often with what is said on this forum. Does that mean I am wrong? I dont think so.

This game you talk of, what is this?

Also, you say that Dom and Beavis are exceptional young and talented. what rubbish. You can tell this from what they post ? My ar*e. You work with kids so now you can tell a lot about someone you have never met by what they write on a web based forum? Are you trying to tell me you know me cus of what I post ? Again what a load of ******.

You obviously think that having lived in Belfast makes you a psychologist?

I never said you should not post stuff that contradicts me. I said that YOU contradict YOURSELF.

****** you Leon you are just jealous of a legend.

Big Al knows talented people when he sees them
Last edited by LFC on Mon May 31, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
116-1065305004

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:35 am

Simic_ie as much as your avatar strangely confuses me, you speak a hell of a lot of sense.

And who said i was an everton fan, only at weekends, how about you give me a weekday pass......that will do me fine :D

Dom1
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum