Why last night was a good result

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:01 pm

Lee J wrote:Yeah ok I'll except that it could of been worse. in the light of things we're through. The hangover is wearing off a bit now and Im looking forward to Sundays game.

Hell I might even treat the missus tonight!

Does that mean Cisse doesnt have to pack his bags after 3 games   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:12 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:we`ll be pitching our world-class-debutants.

Er, who are they?

Haven't people learned from Collymore, Babb, Kennedy, Cheyrou, Diao, Diouff, Heskey, Stewart, Saunders, Clough, Reidle, Ruddock et al?

Enough of hyping up new signings: reserve judgement for at least 6 months time.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:08 pm

The performance and result were poor, however importantly there were no injuries and we are into the draw.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:43 am

Losing can sometimes be good if you can learn and improve afterwards. If we are going to lose, at least it was a game we could afford to lose 1-0. Winning however is a habit. Remember the Mancs 3-0 down at half time and they never thought they would lose (also Arsenal against Middlesborough). That is the confidence that comes winning many matches. The sooner we put many consecutive wins together, the quicker the team will accept nothing less. Raffa seems like a winner, and hopfully it will rub off on the players.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:58 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
addicted norwegian wrote:we`ll be pitching our world-class-debutants.

Er, who are they?

Haven't people learned from Collymore, Babb, Kennedy, Cheyrou, Diao, Diouff, Heskey, Stewart, Saunders, Clough, Reidle, Ruddock et al?

Enough of hyping up new signings: reserve judgement for at least 6 months time.

I would have to say no, I haven`t learned. I`ve been exited about new signings before. I have to admit that I reckoned Diouf as a world-class player after seeing him in the world cup. To this I`m sure you agree; He`s never played world class football wearing red  :(  So I f***** up hailing him. Among the others you mentiones, there are players who hasn`t delievered as well as I hoped / thought they would.

But anyway, I can`t help relly looking forward to seeing Garcia and Alonso piching in red for the first time, and I also can`t help the feeling that they are going to make a great impact to our team and our game. I risk another f*** up, like the hailing of Diouf-incident, when they`re in for the judgement in about 6 months, but I have confidence in Rafa`s eye, when it comes to building a great Liverpool-team again  :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:59 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I agree with St. Michael that last nights result may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Many Liverpool fans (including many here) see Benitez as some sort of Messiah and while that may yet be proved correct, he still has a massive job ahead of him.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the flaws and problems in Houllier's side still persist and won't be corrected over night.

In some ways the result is irrelevant as we progressed to the group stages which was the first and foremost priority, and I doubt people will remember Graz at Anfield in the future.

I think the result is a wake up call to those who seemed to believe that Benitez had already worked miracles and it proves that we have a long way to go.

Its only natural that Benitez will suffer a very bad results early on in his Anfield career and I hope thats one of them already accounted for in what was ultimately a meaningless match.

Benitez' revolution really begins on Saturday when he finally gets a chance to throw Alonso and Garcia into the team. However, judgement on him should be adjourned until November at least, as it will take a number of months for his ideas and new methods to really take shape.

I see you and St Michael are lovers now.

First you start by agreeing with each other and then who knows where it all ends. .....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:04 am

is it possible that stmike is john barnes granny?
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:13 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I see you and St Michael are lovers now.

First you start by agreeing with each other and then who knows where it all ends. .....

:D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:00 am

Sorry, Diao has been a mystery buy all along. Is he good at moping the dressing room floor ? ??? ??? ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:48 am

Lets see how the boys respond against bolton .....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:55 am

I don't know how well our self proclaimed spaniosh armada will play as I find it hard to believe that they can absorb liverpool's style in under a week. Also why are we refering to them as the Spanish Armada? I mean come on peopl does anyone know what happened when the spaniards tried to invade Britain? Bam!! they were gone, hell I'm american and even i know that.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:54 am

I am really looking forward to seinf Alonso, will be interesting to see if the new players start on the bench (Houllier style) or if Rafa will put them on from the start.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:04 am

Yeah glad the game being shown live down under tomorrow tonight as im interested to see the Liverpool line-up.
Hopefully  the new boys will gel quickly into the side, Alonso is my main interest as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:15 am

john Barnes Grandad

I reckon u must be a barrel of laughs down the pub :glare:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion