Emille heskey - Available in january

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Half the Kop, possibly more weren't Emile's greatest fans the first time around, so I just can't see this working. If this is what we are prepared to resort to then the problems are more serious than I at first imagined. Heskey and Owen are not the answer. We have already spent £20m on an ageing striker who's best years seem to be behind him! Do we want another two that fall into the same category. Rafa's imagination for buying strikers has been awful. His only success has been Torres. Ngog,Veronin,Babel and Kuyt leave an incredible amount to be desired. Morientes also failed to hit the mark. Just how good is Rafa?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 pm

devaney wrote:Half the Kop, possibly more weren't Emile's greatest fans the first time around, so I just can't see this working. If this is what we are prepared to resort to then the problems are more serious than I at first imagined. Heskey and Owen are not the answer. We have already spent £20m on an ageing striker who's best years seem to be behind him! Do we want another two that fall into the same category. Rafa's imagination for buying strikers has been awful. His only success has been Torres. Ngog,Veronin,Babel and Kuyt leave an incredible amount to be desired. Morientes also failed to hit the mark. Just how good is Rafa?

Makes one wonder how he analyzes our striking credentials. Trail and error is the way with rafa my mate. Also i think you forgot to add bellamy to your list aswel.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Madmax wrote:
devaney wrote:Half the Kop, possibly more weren't Emile's greatest fans the first time around, so I just can't see this working. If this is what we are prepared to resort to then the problems are more serious than I at first imagined. Heskey and Owen are not the answer. We have already spent £20m on an ageing striker who's best years seem to be behind him! Do we want another two that fall into the same category. Rafa's imagination for buying strikers has been awful. His only success has been Torres. Ngog,Veronin,Babel and Kuyt leave an incredible amount to be desired. Morientes also failed to hit the mark. Just how good is Rafa?

Makes one wonder how he analyzes our striking credentials. Trail and error is the way with rafa my mate. Also i think you forgot to add bellamy to your list aswel.

Fkn Bellamy -there you go I have now mentioned the horrible little s'house !!! Easy to forget him though - the tw.t !!!!!!!!!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote: :no  not good enough for Liverpool FC.  We're trying to improve the team not take it back to the dark ages.

:no Well why don't you actually make another suggestion then? "he's not good enough for lfc" doesn't solve it does it?

So many fans out there so quick to shout about the problem but don't have a clue about the solution
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby milou » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't think Heskey will help our cause.

The way we play, we need someone to lead the line ALONE and someone who can actually score.. regularly. Let's face it, we are so highly unimaginative sometimes, we also need someone who can create something out of nothing.

So we need ANOTHER Torres as back-up :D

Heskey? I am afraid not.

MAYBE Owen will fit the bill slightly better.
Last edited by milou on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milou

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:42 pm

I think he's no good and shouldn't be signed, if we want a big target like that at least get one that scores.  The man has THREE goals all season.  I always liked Crouch and felt he was very valuable for us especially in those stalemate matches, he was always a threat to score some random goal unfortunate he had to be sold.
Zidane

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Looks like we're safe, reports suggest he will be reunited with the robbing leprechaun that took Houllier for a fool and us for £11m. I wonder how he'll use him and how long before he works out that top clubs and Ivanhoe don't mix
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Oh dear  :(  Im very upset by this latest development
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby milou » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Oh dear  :(  Im very upset by this latest development

care to explain what you mean?
milou

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Pleased that one has gone away. Don't personally want to see either Emile or Michael back at Anfield. Both too old and not capable of playing at the level we are trying to reach. One ageing crock for £20m is enough of a mistake for one season.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote::no  not good enough for Liverpool FC.  We're trying to improve the team not take it back to the dark ages.

Scottbot
:no Well why don't you actually make another suggestion then? "he's not good enough for lfc" doesn't solve it does it?

So many fans out there so quick to shout about the problem but don't have a clue about the solution

SB, I have every right to air my opinion in the manner that I want to.  Just because I didn’t make a suggestion at this particular time (though I have else where in the forum), doesn’t mean I don’t have clue about solutions. Obviously, you haven’t read many of the other posts, otherwise you would have seen that most have pretty much said the same as my original post (and no most haven’t mentioned anything about a solution either so maybe you can tell them as well).

The transfer window shuts in a week’s time and I don’t think Rafa will by anyone now.  IMO Heskey will not work in the system that Rafa is employing and trying to improve.  I don’t think he’s been that good for Wigan- quite average at best, and I do not like playing longs balls which is what would happen if he came back to LFC. It might be best to give some of the youngsters more time on the pitch.

Unfortunately we’re not in the money at the moment, but if the billionaires from Kuwait do purchase the club, maybe they’ll provide enough money so that we can by some good quality players like Sergio Aguero who IMO would be ideal to partner Torres.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Thewaykokid » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 pm

heskey's signed for Villa
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:41 am

Righto...time to shut this thread down, then.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion