Houlllier has backed emille

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:39 am

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has backed Emile Heskey over his involvement in the tunnel bust-up between England and Turkey players last weekend.
The former Leicester man was one of a number of players caught in a scuffle inside the tunnel at half time of England's 0-0 draw in Istanbul.
Houllier believes that Heskey must have been provoked to carry out such a reaction.
"If Emile reacted to something then I can tell you it must have been after extreme provocation," said Houllier.
"Emile is a quiet man and for him to become involved would have taken something big.
"I have spoken to Emile about it but I won't tell you what he said because Uefa are leading an inquiry and they need to get on with that job.
"I wasn't in Turkey and I wasn't in the tunnel at the time so it's hard for me to comment. All I know is that there were a number of players involved, not just Emile. Anyway, I like it when players react."
He laughingly admitted that he has been experimenting with the team formation but has promised to bring the Premiership crown to Anfield by 2010.
He also admitted he intended to leave Steven Gerrard out of Liverpool's UEFA Cup first round tie to protect him for England as well as the Merseysiders' own future programme.
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:45 pm

so what your saying is GH loves EH and SG won't play tonight after announcing that he has made SG team captain.
u maybe right but more likely not,we'll see.Either way Liverpool win in a canter.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion