Do players get their managers sacked? - Discuss.....

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby CardinalRed » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Just a thought after seeing Sunderland bang in 4 goals for a second successive weekend..... I accept that some Managers just ain't up to the job but after seeing the radical turn-around at Spurs once Juande had gone (to Real of all places!) and now Sunderland's apparent (albeit early) Lazarus-like reincarnation in Keane's wake, I wonder if the players had a more concious part in their departures? Exactly the same squads who suddenly start putting in blinding performances when only a few weeks earlier the pundits were claiming that confidence must be at an all time low in those dressing rooms..... What do you think?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:34 am

I dont think so. When we played Blackburn Paul Ince had them playing out of there skin. When a new manager comes in the players now have the attitude of having to impress. After a few months a settled team is constant and therefore the players can relax a bit until the transfer window. Each manager is different and takes the team as far as they can go, with Ince and Keane the lack of experience has cost them. Hence the reason old heads like Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce get the basics right.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 am

I think a new manager takes a lot of the pressure off the players as the attention is diverted to the manager and gives them a fresh start, no doubt after 3 or 4 games things start to settle down again and the pressure returns...... as do the poor results usually.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:49 am

Of course they can. If a manager loses the dressing room, it's curtains closed, I'm afraid.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Rafa,Mourinho,Wenger did nothing as players which proves the playing experience means nothing. Why should Roy Keane make a better manager than any of us?

At least Ince had done a job at the the lower levels but maybe that is his level as a manager in the same way many players are okay to play whatever they call they third division these days.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:39 pm

No press get managers sacked.

Also the managers don't help them selfs some times.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:17 am

I think that Players have a real power in order to fire Managers, the best example Juande Ramos. I don't know more cases of this kind in England but in Spain where I live, there are a lot of them. Alavés, Barcelona, Atletico de Madrid...
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Return to Premiership - General Discussion