Scott parker - Discuss.........

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby big al » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:02 am

Bil Shankly who I always mention, said that in order to have the best team you need the best players. If that meant 30 player so be it, because if no oneelse had them they could'nt do you damage.  Its a pity that Houllier was'nt able to foolow this concept, but I don't blame him totally football is big bussiness in a way the purity is gone.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:32 am

Owzat your having a laugh with Ljungberg aren't you?

He's well overated. Great goalscoring midfielder with decent pace movement and work rate. In terms of ability i don't rate him much higher than Murphy.
115-1073096938

Postby BUGGERLUGGZ » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:13 am

HEY STU! FREDDIE IS A GOOD PLAYER ALL ROUND AND DESERVES TO BE RATED HIGHLY IN THE SOCCER WORLD..
DONT BE FOOLED BY FOOLISH JUST HUMOUR THEM
BUGGERLUGGZ

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:55 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Owzat your having a laugh with Ljungberg aren't you?

He's well overated. Great goalscoring midfielder with decent pace movement and work rate. In terms of ability i don't rate him much higher than Murphy.

I'd have Ljungberg over Murphy any day of the week, most neutrals would too. Murphy is a decent, solid pro but not anything like as good as Ljungberg.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Put Danny boy in the Arsenal Team and i feel he would be make a similar contribution. Both players have a good eye for goal. Lungberg is quicker with a better engine but Danny is the better passer. Lungberg just shades it overall. Put Freddie in a Liverpool shirt for the last 18 months - how well would he have fared? would he have made such a difference? i doubt it. It All comes down to team play.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:46 pm

Scottbot wrote:Put Freddie in a Liverpool shirt for the last 18 months - how well would he have fared? would he have made such a difference? i doubt it. It All comes down to team play.

But Murphy hasn't made any difference either. Murphy has never been the most prolific goalscorer, Ljungberg 's goals could have made a bit of a difference, it isn't like we've scored huge numbers of goals this season
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:50 pm

But Murphy hasn't made any difference either. Murphy has never been the most prolific goalscorer, Ljungberg 's goals could have made a bit of a difference, it isn't like we've scored huge numbers of goals this season

Murphy has 6 this season and has hardly played every game now has he.

Ljungberg is overated. He's a good goalscoring player, with good work rate, and movement, his alround game is pretty much average apart from that, he's a premiership player as i say, i rate him SLIGHTLY higher than Murphy but i doubt he'd make a difference.

Murphy is by far the better passer, better technnically, better set pieces, better tackling and positional sense. They both read the game well.

Barscially its exactly as scottbot says.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:52 pm

Also Ljunberg requires people to play him in. Without Murphy in the side there isn't any real through ball players in the team. So he wouldn't score anything like the number of goals for us as he does for arsenal.
115-1073096938

Postby catenacio » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:04 am

Chalk and cheese - freddie lundberg has a very very rare talent namely "the late run"

Very few players have this ability (and/or freedom) in the modern game

Remember that goals from open play (freddie) are much rarer a commodity than those from set pieces (or sitters) (danny)

Murph has a good head and below average legs - solid squad man, nothing exciting[B]
catenacio

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:27 pm

If anything you lot are over-rating Murphy not Ljungberg. Ljungberg has had spells out with injury, BUT is a first choice in a championship winning side. Murphy is so great that he isn't even a regular in the Liverpool team and has got most of his chances through injuries and playing in unclaimed positions

You can list all Murphy's qualities but he is still not that great a player.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion