ENGLAND WORLD CUP SQUAD ANNOUNCED - Preliminary discussion here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dimshen » Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 pm

from bbc website:

Asked how he came to the decision to omit the likes of Defoe and Bent in favour of Walcott, Eriksson confessed: "Probably not too logically.

"Sometimes you do it on feelings as well and I am excited about Theo Walcott."

well, i think that may well sum it up
Dimshen

Postby Redman in wales » Mon May 08, 2006 3:22 pm

dawson99 wrote:lennon and walcott are brave choices tho in fairness to the boring swede.
SWP not even in the call up 5 so if he doesnt put a transfer request in soon hes an idiot

Spot on Dawson. This could be good for us... Being dropped for england might just give him the kick up thearse he needs to leave chelski and come to us.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 08, 2006 3:23 pm

it's an absolute joke if i'm honest. of the four strikers going, only one is fit ffs. if i was darren bent i wouldn't be too happy.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:25 pm

lol, the strike force of walcott and crouch in the world cup will be a sight to be seen! :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dimshen » Mon May 08, 2006 3:31 pm

to be honest, the mor ei look at it the less changes i think id make... (fickle i know), i think i would just leave out hargreaves or jenas, and get defoe in as the fifth striker, (as joe cole, i dont think should be condiered what is effectively the 3rd striker in england) and bingo, bobs your uncle!
Dimshen

Postby Redman in wales » Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 pm

How about this when rooney n owen aint fit

Robinson

Neville          Rio          Terry          Cole

Carrick
       Beckham                Lampard

Gerrard        Cole
                       Crouch

Sort of a 4-3-2-1

When Owen is fit he can play in the lead stikers role where crouch is, or revert to a 442 alongside crouch with Carrick or Lampard ,making way

-Edit - though there aint much width there both coles can push wide if they need to and becks can drift more to the touchline
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 08, 2006 4:00 pm

I'm actually impressed that Sven has had the balls to go with Walcott . I also think his choice of Lennon ahead of Wright-Philips is a good move .A lot of people express suprise over the absence of Bent but despite his record in the prem he's never impressed me ,has never looked like he has international class. Pity Sven has spoiled my gruding admiration of his choices with the inclusion of Jenas and Hargreaves ,both have had their chances and have never really impressed .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm

wayne fucking bridge, he's a useless cunt :angry: , and so is david james :angry:

fucking hargreaves and jenas

well, we wont win fuck all with those folk in the side :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm

Judge wrote:wayne fucking bridge, he's a useless cunt :angry: , and so is david james :angry:

Couldnt have put it better Al
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Judge wrote:wayne fucking bridge, he's a useless cunt :angry: , and so is david james :angry:

well, we wont win fuck all with those folk in the side :(

wayne bridge has to go, cant rely on cole who has been injured for two long. David james is.. well, really all we got lol.

jenas isnt as bad as everyone says and hargreaves... ok, dunno about that

at least phil neville aint there lol

and anyways, look at the 11, we can still win the world cup
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 08, 2006 4:24 pm

i can just see it now. cole will get pushed inside and gerrard will get shifted out to the left. this will then lead to the pathetically boring debate of why gerrard can't produce his club form for england. :sleep
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon May 08, 2006 4:25 pm

2520years wrote:I'm surprised AJ got in ahead of Darren Bent.  I suppose he'll be at a big club next season, so Sven might as well blood him (if injuries mean he gets called up).  Lennon and Walcott made a late charge too.  I'm not surprised about Wallcott though.  He could be a talisman to replace Rooney.

Come on, i'm happy Ericsson is experimenting but how can a player who hasn't even played in the premiership be a talisman???

I think he has potential but to include him over established premiership players with international experience is ludacris, why not call up Paul Anderson - same difference?!
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon May 08, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon May 08, 2006 4:54 pm

The Red Baron wrote:

Couldnt have put it better Al

fucking svens brains are in his bollox, and they apparantly are always bangin against either nancy delolio, ulrika, or faria's buttocks.

No wonder he knows fuck all about national football. I know he's a swede, but he's a real turnip.

Oh, we have fucking McClaren to replace him ??

that makes fucking sense !! NOT  :angry:   :veryangry
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 08, 2006 5:14 pm

I get the impression most of you lot would be spouting no matter who he picked. I've never been a big Erickson fan but at least the man has actually grown some BALLS. completely out of character but fairplay to him. I was convinced he
would omit Lennon in favour of Phillips as he usually remains loyal to players regardless of their form (or whether they have played much in SWP's case.) I didn't think he would take Downing but he has and i applaud that. Walcott seems crazy but i'm personally quite excited that he has made the squad. Hargreaves has hardly set the world alight when he's got the odd cap but he's an integral part of a Bayern team that has just won the double in Germany. How many England fans have actually seen him play this season?

My biggest concern is that he has not selected a 5th striker. Defoe has not played much this season and has lost form but i would have taken him. I still wonder if Erickson will take Rooney and have a feeling Defoe will end up on the plane.

The good news is it sounds like Erickson will ask Stevie and Lampard to play in more advanced roles. As i said in another thread, Gerrard is England's most important player but only if he plays further up the pitch.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 08, 2006 5:20 pm

Hargraves ???? and in the 23

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion