Deserve better - Where are we going?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:24 am

Hate to be a doom and gloom-er, but cant help but feel down this morning after the transfer window slammed shut last night!!

(1) Our club is being ruined by the Yanks and Parry! The yanks are sly f**kers and are doing nothing to help the club, loading us with debt and not building us a stadium, or not selling to DIC!

(2) Our transfer business this summer has been awful, Riera Dossena and Degen not to mention a load of youngsters that lets face it are prob not gonna get a look into the first 11 on a regualr basis ever!!!! Keane, the only decent signing we've made is then played on the wing!!!!!

(3) Rafa not changing and learning from past mistakes - Villa there for the taking last sunday and us taking off kuyt and keane for aurelio and benayoun. To be honest my patience are completely worn at this stage and Im giving him the benefit of the doubt until November, and if were strugglin then Im gonna seriously protest his presence in the hot-seat!! He can moan about money all he wants but the truth is he has been terrible in the transfer market, I wud say 1 in 3/4 buys have been a relative success! Time for excuses is over!!

The only positive to take is that we are 2nd in the league and through to the champions league group stages, but only 3 games played in the league and our entrance into the champs league was expected!!!!

Where do we go from here, sadly I dont think its onwards and upwards!!!!
ICE-MAN

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:26 am

Down the shitter is where we are headed mate. The only reason we are not there now is for players like SG and JC. If it were not for them and Torres we wouldnt even make it into the top 4.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 am

Keane played for 60 -70 mins in a wide area because we lost torres and we needed him to put in a shift for the sake of the team and in the end he had our one decent chance going through the middle so he couldnt of been on the wing that much .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red187 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 am

Hate to be a doomsayer but with the recent developments at Man City, with a full January and summer transfer windows we will be looking at a fifth place finish within two seasons if we can't sort our club out.

We are no longer able to compete with Man Utd and Chelsea in the transfer market, now along come Man City who can and will out bid us every step of the way next season.

If we look at it seriously City only need to buy three world class players to be a serious threat to our team, our fringe players are not much better than theirs. The only real difference are Gerrard, Torres and Macherano, without doubt City will be able to buy players of their caliber in the coming year. Resulting in the very real prospect of us not finishing in the top four and losing out on TV revenue and Champion league prize money

Added to this whatever money we do have available in January and the summer will have to go on the new stadium and repaying the debt that our club finds itself in.

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise, maybe just maybe it will show Gillette and Hicks that we need money invested because our place in the premier league elite is now at risk. They can no longer assume that the TV revenue and Champions league money will keep us in the top four.

For a long time I have felt that the Americans were resting on the laurels secure in the Knowledge that we were Liverpool and had a god given right to play Champions League football year in year out. They were happy with that, I don't ever believe that they intended to go all out to win titles and cups, they wanted a play thing on the other side of the pond that made a bit of money for no real investment.

Now with the threat of City potentially overtaking us, it could and should shake them into either selling or investing their own money, because purely from a buisness point of view if we don't finish in the top four we will lose money season after season as we can't sustain the wages or debts the club has incurred and this can't be a great buisness model for the future of any investment
red187

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 am

Sorry but cant see how city can over take us this season - yeah they got robinho but he wont make them a top 4 club and by the time jan comes along they prob be too far behind to challenge - next season maybe after buying loads during the summer but not this season .

City need - left back and right another cb gk , prob some high quality cms and another striker to break into the top 4 . they have a half decent squad that can challenge for uefa cup spots at the moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 am

We havn't got long in the Premierleagues Elite, i wouldn't even give it to seasons. If Man City aren't up our A.rse in May with a full Janaury transfer window to go aswell. If we don't spend in January, and relatively big, we better win the CL otherwise CL football isn't going to be on our fixture list for a few years! I do fear a Leeds or a Forest coming on in the next 10 years
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

More overreactions just cause City bought robinho ???? ??????
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 am

HOW MANY THREADS LIKE THIS DO WE FUC@KING NEED! ??? :blues:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:14 am

Number 9 wrote:HOW MANY THREADS LIKE THIS DO WE FUC@KING NEED! ??? :blues:

Hear ! Hear !

Mods, do your duty....lock/bin/delete/nuke these awful, awful rantings....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red187 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:20 am

They aren't over reactions, we all thought when the Russia Billionare bought Chelsea that the league couldn't be bought how wrong were we, City will do exactly the same, in the modern game footballers no longer base their moves on the history or strength of the team they are joining, it all comes down to money and Citys new owner have already signaled their intent. All it will take is one season out of the Champions League and we will struggle to get back into it
red187

Postby GRIMM599 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:31 am

i sorta agree with this to be honest. with city now in with the cash and the shot of top 4, we cant keep our heads in the clouds pretending everything is hunkey dorey..
GRIMM599

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion