Did we deserve it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Can't blame Kewell's state of mind if you ask me anymore.  He's shown this season what he can do.  He was genuinely injured today.  Nothing more to it if you ask me.
jonnymac1979

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 13, 2006 10:09 pm

errrm yes we won.

Credit to west ham they well and truley played out of there skins today, they were awsome.

However we gifted them all 3 goals and we had to fight damn hard to score ours. I think west ham did themselves proud and proved they are no push overs.

It was amazing the game had everything. Thank god riena rediemed himself and made an exceleent save in the last minute of extra time, as well as his heroics in the penalty shootout.

Sissoko our Man of the match
Yossi Benayoun there Man of the Match
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat May 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Phew,watching Liverpool FC needs a government health warning!!! :D

Seriously though,I've had this sneaky feeling since the 3rd round that maybe our name was on it this year:

Two fantasic Alonso goals against luton
Seeing off Portsmouth,never an easy task at Fratton Park
Sending ManUre packing (for the first time in eighty-odd years)
Thrashing Birmingham 7-0 (previously Rafa's bogey team)
Yet again beating Chumpski in a semi final

Hand on heart I thought as if we'd lost it,but typical Stevie G,what  fantastic goals!! :D :bowdown

Just a thought,I hope England don't cross swords with Spain in the World Cup,if it goes to penalties and Reina's bought on then we could be in big trouble!! :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby A.B. » Sat May 13, 2006 10:10 pm

mramo wrote:Did we deserve it?

not really.

This was not a great performance from Liverpool. This is a match that they should have controlled but they did not play like a unit in the first half. Alonso playing was a huge gamble by Benitez which didnt exactly pay off & i noticed he slipped a lot during the match & gave the ball away. Full credit to West Ham for doing ever so well & they should have finished us off.
Pepe Reina could count himself a lucky person for getting back into the good books with his fantastic last minute save, and his 3 penalty spot kick saves despite concdeding two goals from an awful thumble & also mis-reading Konchesky's cross-shot goal.

However..............

Did Steven Gerrard derseve it?

Gimme a Hell Yeahh!! He does what he does best. Demonstating excellent Leadership qualities, Determination & a backbone to the players on that pitch. He was the one man show who twice got Liverpool back onto neutral terms & scored in the penalty shootout. His influence kept the team spirits alive. His presence & involvement turn this game into one of the greatest FA Cup finals of all time.

Maybe the topic title should be rephrased to "Did Gerrard Deserve it?"

Bullocks. West Ham scored three goals only due to our mistakes at the back. An own-goal,spilled shot and a fluke cross got them three goals.

Did you forget that we beat Manchester United after 85 years of not beating them in the FA Cup? Did you forget a memorable 7-0 trashing of Birmingham after being critisized for not scoring enough? Did you forget the 2-1 win over Chelsea? I don't think you have so to say that we didn't deserve to win the FA Cup after a run like that is absolute rubbish.

Perhaps you should get your head out of your :censored: and give a bit more respect to the team that played 62 games this season. It wasn't Gerrard alone that got us in the FA Cup final, it was the team. Don't forget that.

Steven Gerrard is the captain. In theory his job is to lift the players, he did his job. But it wasn't his efforts alone that helped us achieved what we had.

I hate when people like yourself [especially our own fans] dismiss every other player and moan on about Gerrard. The rest of the team doesn't get enough credit for their efforts and that's a fucking shame.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:32 pm

AB, not to discredit the rest of the team, but I've just started a thread about Gerrard's goal.  I'm not saying he was the machine I've seen him in other games, he was far from it.  He just scored an incomparable goal though.  You've just got to shake your head sometimes and say, "Well, where the fuck did that come from?"  Some things just can't or don't need explanations.

It was a strange game, it can be argued we have not played as poorly as we did today in the first half all season.  We were far from perfect.  But you need super players to pull you through.

There's only probably two players in the Premiership who could have scored that goal in the last minute.  Wayne Rooney is one of them.  Gerrard is the other. 

And Steven Gerrard plays for Liverpool.  You've got to be thankful for what you've got sometimes, and I'm sure the other ten men in Liverpool's team on the pitch today will thank him for it.
jonnymac1979

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat May 13, 2006 10:40 pm

brix wrote:I want to say: yes, of course. But... :( Although we win, that mach was bad :(
But if you look at all season, we deserve :nod

the match was bad  ???

What game were you watching,this was the game of the season  :bowdown
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat May 13, 2006 10:51 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:AB, not to discredit the rest of the team, but I've just started a thread about Gerrard's goal.  I'm not saying he was the machine I've seen him in other games, he was far from it.  He just scored an incomparable goal though.  You've just got to shake your head sometimes and say, "Well, where the fuck did that come from?"  Some things just can't or don't need explanations.

It was a strange game, it can be argued we have not played as poorly as we did today in the first half all season.  We were far from perfect.  But you need super players to pull you through.

There's only probably two players in the Premiership who could have scored that goal in the last minute.  Wayne Rooney is one of them.  Gerrard is the other. 

And Steven Gerrard plays for Liverpool.  You've got to be thankful for what you've got sometimes, and I'm sure the other ten men in Liverpool's team on the pitch today will thank him for it.

I'm glad that we have a world class player like Gerrard. However, footie is a team game and you need 11 players to win a game consistantly.

I support Liverpool F.C., not Steven Gerrard F.C. I want the team to shine more than any one specific player. Perhaps I think the same way as Rafa when it comes to ''team mentality'' and appriciating that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Sat May 13, 2006 11:09 pm

damn right...why cant we have a handy, non-heart attack enducing cup final win....I have more grey hair and a heart condition over that club....What a game tho....Gerrard is actually superman.......Spirit of istanbul again!!! I cried with joy when I heard youll never walk alone being played in the pub i was in...Viva los conquistadores!!!
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby GOAT » Sat May 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Ive heard people saying we didnt deserve to win it, we certainly did, we got the result in the end so yes we deserved to win it, west ham played very well and shocked us but their goals werent good, one was an OG one was a mistake and one was a fluke, all ours were world class. We completely destroyed them in the pens, Gerrard struck a fabulous penalty and hamanns wasnt much worse, reina was fantastic in the pens and with the save in the last minute, pity about his mistake. We also deserved to win with the teams we knocked out to reach the final, man u, chelsea, prtsmouth, birmingham, luton.. we had a MUCH harder run to the final than west ham, they had a stroll. Overall i think we certainly deserved to lift the FA cup this year
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:37 pm

Did we deserve it? Rafa thinks so lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Sun May 14, 2006 12:39 am

A.B. wrote:
mramo wrote:Did we deserve it?

not really.

This was not a great performance from Liverpool. This is a match that they should have controlled but they did not play like a unit in the first half. Alonso playing was a huge gamble by Benitez which didnt exactly pay off & i noticed he slipped a lot during the match & gave the ball away. Full credit to West Ham for doing ever so well & they should have finished us off.
Pepe Reina could count himself a lucky person for getting back into the good books with his fantastic last minute save, and his 3 penalty spot kick saves despite concdeding two goals from an awful thumble & also mis-reading Konchesky's cross-shot goal.

However..............

Did Steven Gerrard derseve it?

Gimme a Hell Yeahh!! He does what he does best. Demonstating excellent Leadership qualities, Determination & a backbone to the players on that pitch. He was the one man show who twice got Liverpool back onto neutral terms & scored in the penalty shootout. His influence kept the team spirits alive. His presence & involvement turn this game into one of the greatest FA Cup finals of all time.

Bullocks. West Ham scored three goals only due to our mistakes at the back. An own-goal,spilled shot and a fluke cross got them three goals.

Did you forget that we beat Manchester United after 85 years of not beating them in the FA Cup? Did you forget a memorable 7-0 trashing of Birmingham after being critisized for not scoring enough? Did you forget the 2-1 win over Chelsea? I don't think you have so to say that we didn't deserve to win the FA Cup after a run like that is absolute rubbish.

Perhaps you should get your head out of your :censored: and give a bit more respect to the team that played 62 games this season. It wasn't Gerrard alone that got us in the FA Cup final, it was the team. Don't forget that.

Steven Gerrard is the captain. In theory his job is to lift the players, he did his job. But it wasn't his efforts alone that helped us achieved what we had.

I hate when people like yourself [especially our own fans] dismiss every other player and moan on about Gerrard. The rest of the team doesn't get enough credit for their efforts and that's a fucking shame.

Do you know what? Im entitled to my very current opinions! And if you dont like it, then all I can say get ya head our of your :censored:! Fact, I simply dont like people - like 'yourself' - who cant accept the concept of expressing a "fact" or relaying their "constructive criticism" on here.

Sure it was a fantastic game I saw on TV & proud that my team won the FA Cup. But in reality did they really deserve it? What if Harewood scored to make it 4-3? What you be saying then??? Dont attempt to make comparisons of AC Milan as that was an entirely different situation, especially when they were hot favourites to win it & we were classed as underdogs - we deserved to win it last year! Just like West Ham were underdogs & were 2-0 up, 3-2 up, & hit the post in final mins of x-tra time!! We looked tired at times & at times not showing enthusiasm! Do you really think West Ham are a team who'd really set the world alight? They arent even in the same league as The Big 4 (Chavsea, Scum-U, Ar5enal & LFC). Thats why I made the point. West Ham (majority of the time) had outclassed us because they played ever so well & with determination.

One thing youll have to accept in reality is that theres nothing "you" can do, from me to voice my own constructive opinions at times! Read my past posts, youll realise I have hardly or have rarely given negative LFC criticism.
mramo

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:40 am

Hell yes we deserved it!
Crouch was onside and that was disallowed and Wet Spam got 2 lucky goals!!
Of course we deserved it!!1 :angry:
82-1074641017

Postby brix » Sun May 14, 2006 12:52 am

H_K_LFC wrote:
brix wrote:I want to say: yes, of course. But...:( Although we win, that mach was bad:(
But if you look at all season, we deserve :nod

the match was bad  ???

What game were you watching,this was the game of the season  :bowdown

Truly, I was not right. But I said that for defence side. And not all mach was bad but they can play much better :nod
Last edited by brix on Sun May 14, 2006 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
brix

Postby A.B. » Sun May 14, 2006 2:02 am

Do you know what? Im entitled to my very current opinions! And if you dont like it, then all I can say get ya head our of your ! Fact, I simply dont like people - like 'yourself' - who cant accept the concept of expressing a "fact" or relaying their "constructive criticism" on here.

I didn't say you had the right to an opinion. I agree with that and because of that I have the right to say that your opinion is b#llocks. If you're going to make such a comment then at least back it up. But you didn't and you can't.

The stage was set by the team, they got us to the final not just one player.

Sure it was a fantastic game I saw on TV & proud that my team won the FA Cup. But in reality did they really deserve it? What if Harewood scored to make it 4-3? What you be saying then???

So in order to prove your half-ar$ed point you're going to go on about "what if this and what if that". What if Peter's goal was allowed? It would had been 4-4, but it didn't. If we counted all the ''what if's'' we would had won the league.

Dont attempt to make comparisons of AC Milan as that was an entirely different situation, especially when they were hot favourites to win it & we were classed as underdogs - we deserved to win it last year!

Let me use your ''arguements'' and we'll see whether you like them or not:

"What if" Shevchenko had scored from 2 yards out? "What if" Garcia didn't clear that header off the line? What if Sheva's goal wasn't rulled off-side?

"What if" we got a penalty earlier on in the game when Nesta handled the ball away from Garcia? What if Garcia didn't scuff his voley? What if Garcia had put that chance away after he chested the ball thanks to a perfect long pass? What if Riise had scored from outside the box?

But it didn't happen so it's pointless and ridicilious to spend time talking about "what if's".

Just like West Ham were underdogs & were 2-0 up, 3-2 up, & hit the post in final mins of x-tra time!! We looked tired at times & at times not showing enthusiasm! Do you really think West Ham are a team who'd really set the world alight? They arent even in the same league as The Big 4 (Chavsea, Scum-U, Ar5enal & LFC).

You mean to tell me that you wouldn't be tired after playing ten months of football, playing 62 games of football and having to fly half-away across the world during the bussiest period of football in the world?

[Reina tipped the ball on to the crossbar, he got the slightest touch on it]

West Ham haven't been in the cup final for 26 years. They've had two of their greatest managers die this year. You didn't think that they wouldn't be playing the game of their lives? This is what the FA Cup is all about, playing out of your skin. This is why this cup is so special. There's a reason why the ''big names'' don't always win this cup.

We lost to Crystal Palace in the semi-finals when Pardew played for Palace. Palace were no where near our level but that's what makes the FA Cup final special. Did you actually think that they would roll over for us in a cup final?

Thats why I made the point. West Ham (majority of the time) had outclassed us because they played ever so well & with determination.

You made a point that you didn't really think about througly before stating it. West Ham were determined and outclassed us yet we still won, what does that say about this team?

Yes Gerrard pulled a goal out of his ar$e to help us win it, but his efforts were not the only reason why we won it. THE TEAM, let me it clear it for you the T-E-A-M got us to the FA Cup final. All the games we played up to the final were won because of a team effort.

So to dismiss and discredit the lads is quite disrespectful. They set the stage and Gerrard[the captain] lifted the team when it was needed. Gerrard wouldn't had the chance to score two goals in the FA CUP FINAL had it not been for the team performaces prior to this.

You might have had a point about Gerrard carrying us two years ago when we were under Houllier. But even last year in Europe prior to the final it was the team that got us to Istanbul.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby whylongball? » Sun May 14, 2006 2:08 am

2520years wrote:West Ham scored from a cross, an own goal and a goalkeeping blunder.

Liverpool's goals...enough said...
:nod

The fairest result probaly would have been a draw, but as that wasn't possible, we deserved to win.
:nod

yes..u r right there...and the disallowed goal :D
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion