Shark attack?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:27 pm

A man who grabbed world attention after claiming he was attacked by a shark on Bondi Beach may have bitten off more than he could chew.

Scott Wright, 34, claimed he was the first man in 70 years to become a shark victim on the world-famous coastline - but reports now suggest it may all have been one big shark tale.

Wright sported a series of bloody lacerations down his arm which he said came from a shark - but the cuts may actually have been caused by glass.

In an heroic tale of survival, he boldly claimed he punched the shark on the nose, swam ashore and lay unconscious on the beach for hours before being discovered by his girlfriend.

"The shark attacked me, grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn't let go," Wright said.

"So I ended up punching him in the nose and trying to fight him off.

"I thought I was a goner, I thought I was gonna die."

But the only place Wright was going to was jail, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

He remains in prison after appearing in court accused of car theft and robbery, the paper said.

The lacerations were apparently caused by putting his arm through a window. And the offences were allegedly committed after the "shark attack".

Police said the attack had not been reported to them.

The SMH reported that sharks are often spotted in deep water off the Bondi coast but rarely venture into shallow waters.

:D  :D  :D
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:35 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Dundalk wrote:A man who grabbed world attention after claiming he was attacked by a shark on Bondi Beach may have bitten off more than he could chew.

Scott Wright, 34, claimed he was the first man in 70 years to become a shark victim on the world-famous coastline - but reports now suggest it may all have been one big shark tale.

Wright sported a series of bloody lacerations down his arm which he said came from a shark - but the cuts may actually have been caused by glass.

In an heroic tale of survival, he boldly claimed he punched the shark on the nose, swam ashore and lay unconscious on the beach for hours before being discovered by his girlfriend.

"The shark attacked me, grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn't let go," Wright said.

"So I ended up punching him in the nose and trying to fight him off.

"I thought I was a goner, I thought I was gonna die."

But the only place Wright was going to was jail, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

He remains in prison after appearing in court accused of car theft and robbery, the paper said.

The lacerations were apparently caused by putting his arm through a window. And the offences were allegedly committed after the "shark attack".

Police said the attack had not been reported to them.

The SMH reported that sharks are often spotted in deep water off the Bondi coast but rarely venture into shallow waters.

:D  :D  :D

not really a lie, here is the shark

click here

:D
Last edited by Judge on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:03 pm

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:50 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:53 am

The SMH reported that sharks are often spotted in deep water off the Bondi coast but rarely venture into shallow waters

The thing is when it says rarely venture into the shallow waters still scare the s@!te out of me .....

Would you go into the water only to know the fact is that killer sharks are around 50 -100 yards away from you ??? :laugh: :laugh:

I wouldnt even chance it ...

It still freaks me out thinking of it
holylamb2006

Return to General Chat Forum