Britan under attack?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Well my post clearly stated that gangmasters are a major problem, Morecambe bay being one prime example. You chose to pick up on the issue for the sake of a petty jibe, which is your forte and you have done before in other threads.

Well, apart from petty jibes being my forte , I picked up on your use of gangmasters /morcambe bay as an example of a major problem , purely because in a thread that is primarily concerned with terrorism (the clue is in the threads title) your observation was/is laughable. As indeed are many of the other nuggets you deign to share with us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Well my post clearly stated that gangmasters are a major problem, Morecambe bay being one prime example. You chose to pick up on the issue for the sake of a petty jibe, which is your forte and you have done before in other threads.

Well, apart from petty jibes being my forte , I picked up on your use of gangmasters /morcambe bay as an example of a major problem , purely because in a thread that is primarily concerned with terrorism (the clue is in the threads title) your observation was/is laughable. As indeed are many of the other nuggets you deign to share with us.

Well If you read the response in the context of the question posed, then you wouldn't see the need to pop up and make a petty jibe without any substance to it. The question was referring to the cultural development of different ethnic communities, if you want to go off on a rant for the sake of nothing then that's your choice - I just think it is petty.
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 pm

You think I was off on a rant ? :laugh:

Shovel all the sh'ite you want , just don't ask me to eat it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Garcia10 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 pm

What's wrong with Gangsterism, my Uncle used to work in Ronnie and Reggie Kray's protection racket, I grew up around that lifestyle. It's pretty grim, but hey, it's a way of making money.
Garcia10

Postby puroresu » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:56 pm

I condemn all these attacks.  It isn't down to immigration as there are British born terrorists.  No civilians deserve to die cos of British foreign policy but the government can not keep denying that foreign policy has nothing to do with it.  These attacks do nothing but harm the muslim communities and more rubbish comes out of the media.  Things like "The muslim community must do more".  We dont know who these people are.  Even there own families dont know.  Our mosques are not full of clerics ordering us to kill the disbelievers either.

:censored: THE TERRORISTS!!!
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Unfortunatly sooner or later you will realise the scale of the current terrorism, it will esclate and propel all the gang related issues you mention into insignificance. That is crime, it is not specific to one group, the threat we are under is specific to the Muslim community. Lockerbie, israeli embassy, Iranian embassy all Muslim related.

Again, you ignore my point on the pakistani community, they make up the majority of muslims in the UK, they have been here the longest, and without googling, they so far have made up the largest number of terror arrests. I am not concentrating on one group, the original post was in relation to integration, and that similar immigration has proved far more sucessful and integrated, and the question was why? and i alluded to it being because their faith/culture prohibits it.

When i spoke of first generation, i specifically said eastern european, and somalian, in reply to you,you took this out of context again. In my post i have already stated that the WI community can be seen as failing when comparing with groups who arrived at the same time, so i don't see the point of telling me about their gang crime. It is off topic, it was about integration, loyalty to the country as a group, and i have seen, heard and read where large parts of the Pakistani community and muslims as a whole sympathise with AQ, and a huge number believe the twin towers, london bombings to be conspiracy theories, is that integrated?

1) I am more than aware of the current terrorist threat and if you choose to use the condescending tone that assumes I am not aware of it then I will not reply as it is petty.

2) I responded to your question about the cultural development of different communities, your argument being that the Pakistani Muslim community has been the route of the "major problems" we now have in the U.K. Just like you think I ignore the threat of terrorism, I suggest you look up the history of ethnic gang violence in the U.K. and see how many people have been killed because of it. I was NOT comparing the threat of modern Islamist terrorism to gang violence, I was apportioning it in the category of a "major problem" - something you appear reticent to accept.

3) The Muslimn community is not the Pakistani community, they are not one category. I have given you more than enough evidence that CLEARLY demonstrates that the threat is NOT specifically from the Pakistani community, but the North African Muslim community, middle-eastern community and so on. Only today an Iranian doctor was arrested in connection to the events of the past 2 days. It is not confined to one group. Pakistan has a role to play as that is where many of these terrorists are trained, but they are not necessarily from the British Pakistani community initially although a fair few are. They are also from Jamaica, Ghana, Algeria, Eritrea, Somalia, Iran, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya. These are the FACTS, they may congregate in the same community, but their ORIGIN is NOT the British Pakistani community. I disagree when you say they make up the largest numbr of terrorist arrests, there are many many who have come from North Africa where Al qaeda also has a large number of sympathisers.

4) The population of British Muslims is greater than any other religious following bar Christianity, there are also those from MANY other communities who don't integrate - African-Carribeans for example - North Africans for example - all number of nationalities. They may not integrate as much, but to ignore the flaws within other communities and not acknowledge that integration is mutual is a very unbalanced view to take IMO.

5) Your very argument is that the Muslim community won't integrate, I cited a few example where other communities have also not integrated whilst also causing MAJOR problems (the very definition you chose) - a key example being West Indian communities - that is CLEARLY relevant.

6) You cite Al qaeda sympathisers as being a reason for not integrating - they are in the minority, there are also those who VEHEMENTLY condemn these types of attacks, even today in light of recent events large parts of the Muslim community were doing so publicly - yet no-one will acknowledge that since it doesn't suit their argument.

7) We know there is a problem with Islamic Extremism in the U.K. and Al qaeda sympathisers, and it is not confined to Pakistani communities, it is just as prevalent in North African communities, nonetheless it is widely accepted that Muslims need to do more to integrate and have not integrated as much as they could have done. In saying that, you have to understand that many are reticent to integrate through fear, and their religion plays a big part in it aswell - but the less draconian Muslims are more than willing to integrate if the attempts are reciprocated.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:17 pm

woof woof ! wrote:You think I was off on a rant ? :laugh:

It's fine mate, I'm not the one with the vindictive nature who likes to pick up on the very slightest point for the sake of FECK ALL. Not just in this thread, in others aswell.
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

It's fine mate, I'm not the one with the vindictive nature who likes to pick up on the very slightest point for the sake of FECK ALL. Not just in this thread, in others aswell.

Was it something I said ?

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Was it something I said ?

LFC2007

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:30 am

The chap driving the Jeep had one hell of a bad day. There he was expecting to be spending the evening with his 40 virgins in heaven instead he's gonna wake up in the burns unit with a burnt todger no face left and looking at 20+ years in the slammer. :laugh:
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:58 am

I have to fly to heathrow tomorrow.

I love those muslims, they have really taken the heat off us Paddy's, I can now arrive at the airport wearing an Irish jersey and as long as I have a beer in one hand and a ham sandwich in the other I get no hassle. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 am

Big Niall wrote:I have to fly to heathrow tomorrow.

I love those muslims, they have really taken the heat off us Paddy's, I can now arrive at the airport wearing an Irish jersey and as long as I have a beer in one hand and a ham sandwich in the other I get no hassle. :D

Why were you Paddys really that bad.
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:02 am

Bamaga man wrote:

The brits didn't seem to like Irish folk planting bombs and blowing up their buildings. Nearly wiped out their entire cabinet(including Thatcher) with a bomb in 1984.

As a result, Irish folk naturally got a bit of hassle - especially at airports.

To be honest, when the bomb went off in the Underground I was really hoping it was muslims and not some breakaway Irish group even though it makes F*ck all difference to the victims.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:44 am

Big Niall wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

The brits didn't seem to like Irish folk planting bombs and blowing up their buildings. Nearly wiped out their entire cabinet(including Thatcher) with a bomb in 1984.

As a result, Irish folk naturally got a bit of hassle - especially at airports.

To be honest, when the bomb went off in the Underground I was really hoping it was muslims and not some breakaway Irish group even though it makes F*ck all difference to the victims.

So to answer my own question then .... yes you were.
66-1112520797

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:33 pm

At least when the irish did something like theyd normally give a heads up.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum