Reina - Could be poached

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:43 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Reina, Could be poached

No chance.

He's more likely to be boiled, fried, baked or roasted. He's 1st choice and I doubt he's unhappy with having all his spaniard mates around.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:34 pm

if you drive a BMW why would you wanna downgrade to say an old ford fiesta

this wont happen

however i am hearing that moureenio has been sacked
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:28 am

LittleHobo wrote:if you drive a BMW why would you wanna downgrade to say an old ford fiesta

this wont happen

however i am hearing that moureenio has been sacked

edited
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coiso » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:59 pm

AUNQUE TODAVÍA NO SE PLANTEA DEJAR LA PREMIER...
Reina: "Me haría ilusión jugar en el Atleti"
El portero del Liverpool Pepe Reina apagó cualquier rumor que le sitúe en los próximos meses en el Atlético de Madrid al asegurar que "en ningún momento se ha planteado volver ahora a España", pese a lo cual reconoció que es "uno de los clubes" en los que le haría "especial ilusión jugar".

Y es que para el madrileño, "el Atlético es el que mejor cae de los tres grandes, ni Madrid ni Barcelona, creo que es el que más simpatías despierta". "Además, sería muy especial por todo lo que representó mi padre en este club, no voy a negar que me haría ilusión", recordó emocionado durante su intervención en 'El partido de la 1' de Onda Madrid.

Pese a ello, la salida de Merseyside está aún a años luz: "Me queda lejos, siendo franco, algún día tendré que volver a España, porque esto tiene fecha de caducidad, pero, en ningún momento me planteo volver ahora". "Poder vivir con esta gente y esta afición un título como la Premier, después de tantos años sin lograrla debe ser lo máximo", se sinceró el cancerbero que sorprendió al afirmar que también le gustaría vestir alguna vez los colores del Córdoba.

Reina se ha convertido en el principal 'cicerone' de Fernando Torres a su llegada a Liverpool y reconoce que están "prácticamente todo el día juntos, porque las casas están a 25 metros una de otra". "Sin duda, es algo que ayuda porque te hace más fácil la acogida, lo hizo conmigo Morientes cuando llegué y lo agradecí, por eso, también yo ahora lo hago con Fernando", explicó orgulloso.

De mitos anda el asunto
El ex de Villarreal y Barcelona no titubea a la hora de afirmar cuál es el campeonato en el que se siente más cómodo. Y es que "por costumbre y manera de ser, la gente dirá que aquí son muy serios y todo esos tópicos, pero son los más profesionales". "Por eso, te contagian para hacer que tú sientas que no puedes ser menos, que hay que pelear como un león para ayudar a tus compañeros".

Sin duda, la Premier es un campeonato diferente, porque "tiene unas costumbres muy arraigadas y es lo que le convierte en un grande del fútbol". Este reflejo lo encuentra el guardameta español en su actual club, pues "aquí son muy de tradiciones y se respeta mucho el mito, esa humildad y modestia se ve en detalles como que el vestuario visitante es más grande que el del propio Liverpool", confesó en las ondas.

"Veo un partido en España y me aburro"
Un estilo que, sin duda, Reina echa de menos en España: "Veo un partido de la Liga española y me aburro, porque cada minuto hay una falta, aquí le dan mucha importancia hasta a un plantillazo y esa intensidad es muy bonita".

in MARCA

I couldn't find a online translator better to ask Sabre, i only know portuguese.  :D
Coiso

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:20 pm

I'm going to translate the quotes

About coming back to Spain

"I haven't thought of coming back to Spain right now" although he admitted that just in case he has to come back, Atletico would be one of the clubs in which he'd fancy to play.

"Among the three bigger clubs in Spain, Atletico is the favourite  of most people, I don't think Barcelona and Madrid are that much liked" . Despite he doesn't plan to move from Liverpool he admitted that among the Spanish teams Atletico would be special because "my dad was very important for that club, I won't deny that would motivate me"

Despite that, Merseyside departure is light years away (says the journo), "quite frankly, going back to Spain is far away, someday I'll have to return, because everything has an end, but, I don't consider to come back now whatsoever". "To live together with this people (Scouse) and this crowd a title like the premiership after so many years must the the maximum joy, I wouldn't miss that" The keeper said that in case he returns aged, Cordoba (segunda) would be one of the emotional teams he'd like to play for.

Reina has become the main 'cicerone' (introducer) of Fernando Torres when he's arrived to Liverpool. "We're most of the thay together because our homes are 25 m away" "Being welcome is something important because it helps the adaptation. Morientes received me when I arrived and I'm grateful for that, so now it's my turn with Fernando" explained proudly.

The ex Villarreal keeper doesn't hesitate to claim that he feels more comfortable in the premiership than in the liga. "People say a lot of things about the brittish as a tradition and they'll say they're more serious and that kind of stereotypes, but the truth is that they're simply the most professionals" he said about english football. "and they transmit you that feelings, and they transmit you you cannot be less and you have to fight like a lion in order to help the teammates "

No doubt, the premiership is a different league, because "It has  very deep rooted customs and that makes it a great league in the football world". He can see that in first hand in his team "They take a lot of care of traditions, and the myth is very respected, humility and modesty can be seen in facts like the away dressroom being bigger than the local one" He explained.

"When I see a game of the Spanish league I get bored because there's a free kick every minute, some tackles are taken too seriously in Spain, and I think the intensity of the game is a very nice thing to watch in football". (This is indeed the main difference IMHO, Spanish game is fast, but with a lot more set pieces situations, so it's a different game.)

I did my best  :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:51 am

Nice one Sabre, you should have a monthly column on here: 'the view from Spain'.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:27 am

well I'm happy both reina and torres seem to be happy in liverpool... non of those reyes complaints...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm not sure Torres will stay happy if he is starting every other game on the bench
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion