Reina

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed May 25, 2005 1:21 am

He's been our best LM for many a year . Let Warnock and Traore sort out the LB position . Riise is a little gem at LM .
Like you infer , how many times has he popped up in the box with a screamer  .
And when not pushing up combines perfectly in defence with whoever is playin' at LB whilst still maintaining the threat of bursting forward  .

Grossly underestimated for his contribution by some fans .

When you look at Chelsea they have Duff and Robben, Manchester Utd have Giggs and Ronaldo and we have Riise and Luis Garcia. Which is where the problem lies, we don't have natural wingers that can deliever good quality crosses consistantly into the box to Fernando Morientes who is most lethal in the air.

Luis Garcia has played on the RM and has scored 13 goals but he's now winger and I don't expect him to be played there next season, probably  behind the striker which is his natural position.

Riise in my mind isn't a winger and therefore shoudn't play there next season, yes he goes forward but he really doesn't do what the likes of Duff and Robben provide for Chelsea.

He's had a fantastic season but I don't see him as a pernament solution on the wing.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed May 25, 2005 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Wed May 25, 2005 3:13 pm

Riise has and will continue to improve under Rafa's management.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion