The liverpool way - What do you think

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dimmi » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:56 am

It is clear that GH has taken us as far as he can, it is painful even to watch the lack of passion on the field.

We need a new Manager (now) who has LFC credentials and continental experience at the highest level.

Do you guys not think that TOSHACK is our man? ???[B]
Dimmi

Postby director » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:10 pm

I do not think that liverpool credentials are necessary, as Roy Evans, Kenny Daglish, Phil thompson etc could not have done and have not done a better job than Mr Houllier. However he has indeed taken us as far as we can go. Toschak is only a good choice because he has had experience at managing a top club already and will still have links with large clubs. What people are not realising is that the liverpools style of play has simply not moved forward in a climate that now requires athletes to gain know how and not the other way around. Our team is in the top three slowest in the premiership, and definitely has the slowest defence: it tells. Not to mention that maybe Heskey isn't up to scratch, but neither is Michael Owen who must realise that the admirers he once had are not necessarily there anymore and can no longer hide behind his past exploits.  ;)
director

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:46 pm

how can you say houlliers done a better job than dalglish?
how many league titles has houllier won?
how many proper doubles has houliier won?
you dont like owen for some reason but the way things are going mate your wish will come true because both him and gerrard have muted they`ll be away if the situation doesn`t improve.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby Redlester » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:52 pm

Leaving Harry Kewell aside - who has yet to prove himself - we have only got 2 players of any real notable quality - Owen and Gerrard [and even they are prone to "poor patches"] and they will surely depart if they don't see any prospect of silverware or if they see themselves carrying the side at mid table. We need a manager with proven credentials - whoever that might be - and we need a midfield mongrel to pull the whole lot together in the centre of the field in the middle of a match. Without that we will continue to play wimpy football, satisfied with poor results against lowly teams. The time to act is now - if it drags on to the end of the season it will be too late, the inevitable rebuilding will take a lot longer and we will be asked yet again to wait for success. I've had waiting up to my eyeballs to the point where I caught myself scanning the table the other week and thinking, after over 25 years supporting this club, which other premiership team I might think of transferring my allegiance to. I caught myself on in time, but still......... :(
Redlester

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:42 pm

you sound like you are turning into a blue-Leicester.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion