Liverpool players always score... - When their not playing for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:32 am

Cisse, Morientes, Baros and gasp* Nunez.

Nuff' said. Its not about these players who are incapable, its the entire system we are playing that makes even the best players look like Akinbiyi.

Face it, we're a defensive team (we always were since Houllier) and the football we're playing is one big yawn.

Another point. Many of you said that the result yesterday was a good result because 'hey we've gotten past undefeated against 2 bogey teams (boro and spurs)'. Yeah right. Apart from the obvious tough away matches at Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal, let's look forward to getting draws at Man C, Everton, Bolton, Newcastle, Charlton (maybe even West Ham and Aston Villa). Because all these teams are what you people here might call "bogey teams" just to justify our own team's incapabilty to win. That makes 10/19 away fixtures that we aren't hoping to win and be over the moon with a draw. Some great aspirations.
GunGod

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:35 am

GunGod wrote:Cisse, Morientes, Baros and gasp* Nunez.

Nuff' said. Its not about these players who are incapable, its the entire system we are playing that makes even the best players look like Akinbiyi.

Face it, we're a defensive team (we always were since Houllier) and the football we're playing is one big yawn.

Another point. Many of you said that the result yesterday was a good result because 'hey we've gotten past undefeated against 2 bogey teams (boro and spurs)'. Yeah right. Apart from the obvious tough away matches at Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal, let's look forward to getting draws at Man C, Everton, Bolton, Newcastle, Charlton (maybe even West Ham and Aston Villa). Because all these teams are what you people here might call "bogey teams" just to justify our own team's incapabilty to win. That makes 10/19 away fixtures that we aren't hoping to win and be over the moon with a draw. Some great aspirations.

Did you see thee Spurs game yesterday Gungod?Open your fu.cking eyes will ya?
Was that a defencive Houllier  like  display  of football?
66-1120597113

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:36 am

Go watch the highlights from yesterday come back and tell me that we played defensively :no

And as for your assessment of our un-winable away games, if we drew all those games you mentioned and won the rest of our away games, that would actually be a mega improvement on last year.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:11 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:

Ooooo the vulgarities.

So one game makes us an attacking outfit? Thing is in most of matches we have no ideas in attack. 1 goal in 270 mins of football doesn't mean anything does it? Even Heskey has scored more than our entire team combined.
GunGod

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:17 pm

john craig wrote:Go watch the highlights from yesterday come back and tell me that we played defensively :no

And as for your assessment of our un-winable away games, if we drew all those games you mentioned and won the rest of our away games, that would actually be a mega improvement on last year.

It's actually not that hard to improve on last season's glorious 5th placing, if you know what i mean.

If all of us are realistic enough we will know that we are fighting for 4th placing this season and chances are we probably have to fight it even harder than last season.

I'm fine with the team's performance thus far, just irritated than people here overhype an away draw to the extent that its like we're championship material. We should be slightly dissapointed, not happy with a draw.

Call me doom and gloom, i'll rather be that than be an eternal optimist. Tell me honestly that you're terribly entertained by our brand of football and I will keep myself quiet.
GunGod

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:32 pm

GunGod wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

Ooooo the vulgarities.

So one game makes us an attacking outfit? Thing is in most of matches we have no ideas in attack. 1 goal in 270 mins of football doesn't mean anything does it? Even Heskey has scored more than our entire team combined.

We created plenty of chances yesterday and on another day we could have scored 3 or 4!We've started the campaign well and look a better team than last year all over the pitch!Ok we are'nt banging them in for fun but have yet to conceed which is important and you failed  to mention!
If you expect our team to be winning 2 and 3 nil every week you are ignorant to the class of  competion we face week in week out!There are no easy games full stop!!
Since you feel so strongly,explain to me exactly what you expect from our team?And do you think that having played 3won 1  and lost none is bad considering that 2 of these games  have been away to teams who are highly fancied to be in contention for at least European spot come the end of the season!
66-1120597113

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:03 pm

Doom merchant alert.. don't post replys to these woeful threads :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Hustler.  :talktothehand
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:14 pm

[quote="BarryBelfast"][/quote]
We created plenty of chances yesterday and on another day we could have scored 3 or 4!

If my memory does not fail me that's what most people have said after the Boro game. "Another day we could have scored 3 or 4." "Another day Gerrard could have scored 3 or 4". So let's just keep waiting for 'another day'.

We've started the campaign well and look a better team than last year all over the pitch!

Agreed.

Ok we are'nt banging them in for fun but have yet to conceed which is important and you failed  to mention!

Didn't mention that cos' I took it as a given that we all know. I think not conceding goals and not scoring goals only serves to suggest further that we're a pretty defensive side. No?

If you expect our team to be winning 2 and 3 nil every week you are ignorant to the class of  competion we face week in week out!There are no easy games full stop!!
Since you feel so strongly,explain to me exactly what you expect from our team?

Of cos, I don't even expect 1-0 everyweek, if every week is the key word. But surely we can pop up with the occasional comfortable victory (1 in 3 games)? A 2-0 perhaps? Anyway, I have no dreams about 4-0 scorelines cos its been ages since we ever managed that. I expect and predict a 4th place finish for our team, about 25 points behind the winners. I don't expect them to win the league this nor the next season (cos we really don't have the $$ to match others). All we have is Rafa's magic and hope that his scouts do their work well and give us a bunch of world beating youths.

And do you think that having played 3won 1  and lost none is bad considering that 2 of these games  have been away to teams who are highly fancied to be in contention for at least European spot come the end of the season!

I reiterate that that's not bad, but nothing great. Just stop saying it as though we're championship material just bcos we got 2 draws to fellow 4th place contenders.
GunGod

Postby Garymac » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:49 pm

GunGod wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

We created plenty of chances yesterday and on another day we could have scored 3 or 4!

If my memory does not fail me that's what most people have said after the Boro game. "Another day we could have scored 3 or 4." "Another day Gerrard could have scored 3 or 4". So let's just keep waiting for 'another day'.

We've started the campaign well and look a better team than last year all over the pitch!

Agreed.

Ok we are'nt banging them in for fun but have yet to conceed which is important and you failed  to mention!

Didn't mention that cos' I took it as a given that we all know. I think not conceding goals and not scoring goals only serves to suggest further that we're a pretty defensive side. No?

Since you feel so strongly,explain to me exactly what you expect from our team?

Of cos, I don't even expect 1-0 everyweek, if every week is the key word. But surely we can pop up with the occasional comfortable victory (1 in 3 games)? A 2-0 perhaps? Anyway, I have no dreams about 4-0 scorelines cos its been ages since we ever managed that. I expect and predict a 4th place finish for our team, about 25 points behind the winners. I don't expect them to win the league this nor the next season (cos we really don't have the $$ to match others). All we have is Rafa's magic and hope that his scouts do their work well and give us a bunch of world beating youths.

And do you think that having played 3won 1  and lost none is bad considering that 2 of these games  have been away to teams who are highly fancied to be in contention for at least European spot come the end of the season!

I reiterate that that's not bad, but nothing great. Just stop saying it as though we're championship material just bcos we got 2 draws to fellow 4th place contenders.

Arsenal couldnt even manage a draw against Boro, if you draw 0-0 and sit back, then yes, it is right to critise, but on other days in both games we could have scored 2 or 3. These 1st two away games have provided us with better football than we played away from home for the whole of last season and trust me, sooner rather than later someone will be on the end of a hiding from the reds, the goals will come soon enough starting against the mancs and chelsea.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:31 pm

WARNING: The original post is a creation of Hustler also known as ''Luis Garcia'', ''Alfonso Alonso'', ''Manc'', ''The Return of Hustler'' and also goes by the names of ''tumbleweed'', ''tumbletit''. Possible headaches, brain farts, a$$ scratching and or laughter could occur after reading the posts made by this waste of oxygen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:50 pm

A.B. wrote:WARNING: The original post is a creation of Hustler also known as ''Luis Garcia'', ''Alfonso Alonso'', ''Manc'', ''The Return of Hustler'' and also goes by the names of ''tumbleweed'', ''tumbletit''. Possible headaches, brain farts, a$$ scratching and or laughter could occur after reading the posts made by this waste of oxygen.

Hes gone now  A.B!!  So does this guy always do this and just come back again under another alias??I've  only found his forum lately aand  already he's had about 3 names and been exposed!! What a fuc.ckin tw@t!! :no  :D
66-1120597113

Postby XSD » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:52 pm

GunGod wrote:So one game makes us an attacking outfit? Thing is in most of matches we have no ideas in attack.

What games are they then?
We've played 3 games and I think been on top and had lots of chances in all 3. Nothing defensive in those games at all, it's just one of those things you go through then you score 4 goals in one game and it changes.

So which matches are these that make us a defensive outfit aiming to draw with everyone?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:02 pm

XSD ignore the clueless tit. You're only wasting your brain cells.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby GunGod » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:21 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
A.B. wrote:WARNING: The original post is a creation of Hustler also known as ''Luis Garcia'', ''Alfonso Alonso'', ''Manc'', ''The Return of Hustler'' and also goes by the names of ''tumbleweed'', ''tumbletit''. Possible headaches, brain farts, a$$ scratching and or laughter could occur after reading the posts made by this waste of oxygen.

Hes gone now  A.B!!  So does this guy always do this and just come back again under another alias??I've  only found his forum lately aand  already he's had about 3 names and been exposed!! What a fuc.ckin tw@t!! :no  :D

Hey dude, u've got the wrong guy.

Pls don't try to be smart (cos' you obviously aren't) and accuse others of taking on multiple personas.

Did what i wrote irritate you so much? On my part I thought I was being pretty objective. I'm not slagging the team in anyway, just saying that their football aint pretty these days. And that's a fact to me. If you can't take such comments, go ahead and support the team with your rose-tinted glasses and see every 0-0 draw as a moral victory. The way in which I presented my point was probably how every football writer/commentator goes about putting their point across. I'm was not abusive and just airing my own views in the most objective way possible.

Anyway, given the degree of your blind support to the team you probably would have been angry if I simply said that Gerrard doesn't look good in those boots.

If you ain't sure, keep your mouth shut. Ask the admins whether I am who you said I am before you jump in with your big mouth and malign people. I hope you would be a gentleman and apologise.
GunGod

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion