Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fast eddie » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:09 pm

once the best team in the world
Houllier has got to pull hes finger out get rid of the cr#p and
get new players..
one sorry team
fast eddie

Postby THEBARON » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm

October only 4 days old and already 3 league games lost. Yes we played well today in the first half but we could see Arsenal
coming back into it and were powerless to stop it.
Do we have the tactical nous ?
Do we have the players ?
Do we have the manager ?
Based on results in the last 11 months then we all know the answer ! :angry:
THEBARON

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:25 pm

Same old story, one step forward? two steps back!! nothing changes. we are living in false hope, if we think GH will steer us through this storm!!. We are an average team [ with the exception of two or three class players] there is no passion in this side that GH has essembled, we go 1-0 up then lose our way? we cant kill teams off, once a team scores against us we scratch our heads and wonder to do? there is no plan "B" unlike arsenal, who came out in the second half and set about reducing the scoreline, and played with the conviction of a team who knew what they had to do.forget the fact that we had injuries, so did arsenal if we cant beat them without some of their star players out then we never will!! Forget about "dreaming of qualification in champions league" cos, it wont happen, not with some of these "losers in our team.it,s going to be another long season that will bear little fruit and no reward. sorry to seem so downhearted, but i,m getting tired of hearing the same old promises, and excuses sprouting from GHs mouth! do us all a favour and go!! give the job to someone with fresh ideas,and the ability to motivate his team when required.[ not that they should need it] playing in the red shirt alone should be motivation enough!!.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:00 am

can someone please give martin o neill a call or even gordon strachan,or even god help us graeme souness,but please somebody put gh out of his and our misery!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rowms2 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:50 am

so you think that GH must be fired?it's may be the solution,but some players must reassess theirselves!
rowms2

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:03 am

I agree but GH does have blind faith,although we lost the game by not converting our possession and chances into goals.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:55 pm

:( A lot of it boils down to "players attitude" some of them dont realise what it means to wear that famous shirt!! give me 11 scousers any day!!!.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jude » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:05 pm

hey guys,yep like everyone else i too was very very sad and dissapointed after the arsenal game ,yes..like in the past the 1st half was excellent ..the second disastorous ..  they just seemed to loose the desire i've been a fan of liverpool for the past 5 years (though i have been watching the premiership since it's inception,but i didn't support any team in particular) and i still remember under roy evans liverpool were still a very tough team to beat and we were in the title race a couple of times,there were exciting games then too..
i think we need more expierienced players ,like the ones we had when we won the treble .. players like mcallister ,fowler was still good,rednapp and well i know there are better experienced players but the point is we did win trophies under houllier(i accept though he has no new ideas  and well must show something in the next 4-5 games or else move on ..liverpool cannot cannot slip further ) ,but that was due to expirience and good attitude of the players then ,there were youngsters but there was a mix,so i reccomend we get some expierienced players,go back to the defensive game till we get some points back,and PLEASE ,SOMEONE WHO CAN PUT THE BALL IN THE NET(tristan isn't being slected down at deportivo) and yes if still nothing houllier must go ,he has done a lot of good and i'm willing to back him for another 5 ,say 10 games max .,but we have to face the facts we have to inprove ,ther HAS to be a change.
i hope and pray it'll happen.
p.s.-i've written a lot but i needed to get that of my chest.
i hope u r all with me.
The liverpool fans in india have gone into hiding a bit though we still love the club.
jude

Postby bedlovedays » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:18 pm

Did anyone see the performance from Mendieta against Chelsea today?  Sun Oct 5th.  He hustled to win back balls, made many great crosses and through balls happen for Christie.  Great chances that Mikey would have put in.  We need a player who can do this down the right side.  Diouf is not doing it.  "When the chicken is bad, cut it's head off!"
Compare the perfomances and tell me i'm wrong!!!!!!

Anyone wants to know what Diouf did with the ball?  I followed his touches, one shot on net and the rest of his efforts ended in corners, lost passes and give aways. He had well over 15 touches and runs.  How many does a team get in a game???   Did anyone see Duff's wonderful cross to Crespo against Borough?  It was his second or third touch.  This is reality Mr Houlier.  This is what we face.  This is what we have to better.  How will we accomplish this?  The quailty of player like Fowler McAllister, Litmanen and Berger in their day are what we need, we don't have it and if we don't get it we can kiss the season goodbye.

Kewell up front? Looks good, he is class, mid or up front.  Diouf in the middle is the only option I see for him.  Gerrard down the right, perhaps we will see some of those balls get into the box.  Smicer, nope time to go, forget it, he is not enough and never will be, Finnan crosses better than he does.

Finally, usually when a team is reduced to clearing the ball from keeper to striker, bypassing the defence and midfield other teams pick up on it and have three players back to collect the ball.  Notice I say collect the ball, not win it.  Our players must be capable of moving the ball upfield, watch all the big teams do it.  We need that class, do it or go, I don't care what the players potential is, DO IT OR GO.  God help them if i ever had my hands on this team!!!!! 

Go and watch Doug Gilmour's performance in the 1990- 91 playoffs.  Show it to the team, play like that or you are gone.  Simple........    From what i've heard of Shankly he would agree.

In the 1950's there was a Boston Bruins player Eddie Shore  that missed a bus from Toronto to Montreal in the dead of winter.  What did he do?  Drove a car seven hours, clearing the snow from the windshield with his hand, arrived one hour before the game.  Boston won 1-0. guess who scored? Mr Shore. 

We accept too little.......................Houlier accepts too little.
Perhaps Houlier is too proud to rid us of Smicer and Heskey because he has backed them.......if that is true he is hurting every player involved with the team and someone should point this out to him!!!!!!

I'm on my way to Liverpool now!!!!!! :D  :angry:  :angry:
bedlovedays

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:04 pm

Can't agree with the Smicer assessment.I believe he is a quality player but has only shown glimpses,however this season he is one player who has benefited from a midfield of talented footballers who can control and pass a ball quickly.Last year we had Murphy,Cheyrou,Hamman and even Heskey in the midfield and they like to develop the play slowly which I think was not beneficial to Vlad or Diouf.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Redlester » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:18 pm

Bedlovedays - you are doing GH's job for him - if only he wasn't too proud/arrogant to fail to see it - the only difference is that he is being paid the big bucks and pocketing the free advice. I've been literally praying for the arrival of Martin O'Neill since March this year and heard a rumour - perhaps on this site - that he had bought a house in Liverpool??? Can anyone confirm this??? I'm crossing my fingers that since the easter bunny failed to deliver Santa just might!!! :p
Redlester

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:21 pm

The rumour was he had bought a property on the Wirral,but I don't think it is based on any concrete proof,if you will pardon the pun.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion