What the friggin hells goin on - This performance is not aceptable

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:36 pm

The sad reality of it all is that we are a ****** poor team going around in circles, after that disgraceful preformence last night we dont deserve to finish 4th. some of those players out there need to take a good hard look at themselves half of them should never be allowed to wear the red shirt again!! i was at the game and i could not beleive what i was seeing? was this the Liverpool who were not going to let any more points slip through their grasp? the same team that was determined to put blackburn to the sword? i`ve heard this drivel before and they talk a good game, but when it comes to putting it into practice they fail miserably like many times before. We need a huge rebuilding program to kick in once this poor under acheiving season is over lets not kid ourselves here god help us on sunday if we play anything like last night?  but i suppose rafa will "talk the talk" again and try to convince himself (and us) that everything will be different on sunday? yeah..like i believe we will still finish 4th...my ar.e we will!!..sorry rafa but you will have to face facts and muddle along as best as you can with this shower, cos until the season is finally over and we get massive investment and the dead wood (and there is plenty of them) are turfed out only then will you be able to say with confidence that "my team will give 100% effort and commitment!! there is no way he can in all honesty say that about this team.  :(  :oh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:41 pm

This is the same Blackburn that won 1-0 at Woodison just 10 days ago playing the same way. Everton found it tough to break them down.

Let's give a little credit where credit is due.

There are to many people who think we should roll over sides that come to defend and get 9 men behind the ball. We have shown this season we struggle to break those sides down. For all the reasons we know..missing starters, injuries, new style of play, etc..

It is those who think we'll win 2-0 or 3-0 and then watch the match and are amazed that we don't go for the kill and then post what a ****** match that was and complain. We'll they sure haven't been watching our side all season.

With the chopping and changing that has gone on for whatever reason, we can't have much consistency. It may come as Rafa gets his way with how to play but we are far from it.

Houllier was criticized for complaining about lack of goals when we did get multiple chances last season. ( Remember his quote of leading the league in chances?) Yet, we came 4th and that's why we're in the CL this season, for Rafa to take us forward. The difference is last season the players all had worked under Ged for years ( most of them). They knew the system and knew what to do.

Until the likes of our two fit strikers get an understanding and we get the other 3 we have healthy ( Cisse, Pongole, Mellor) and work out an understanding of what they need to do, we are going to be inconsistent. This also includes the midfield to work out an understanding with the strikers. When was the last time we had the same 4 or 5 in the middle?

Just like a Garcia pass..it may come off and look briliant or it may not and everyone will have a go. The same can be said for what we are going to see from now until the end of the season. We are going to have to slog it out the best way we can.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:42 pm

This may have been the blackburn  that beat everton 10 days ago?..with 2 or 3 exceptions..namely without savage, thompson, dickov, its a good job they were not available cos i dread to think what would have happened if they had been? ithere is no excuse for not turning them over, if we cant beat a second rate blackburn side then what chance have we against decent opposition? ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:12 pm

blackburn are no pushovers, chelsea scraped a 1-0 win against them recently with a jammy goal from robben that was similar to rooneys against us. mourinho wouldnt even shake mark hughes hand at the end of the game.
but i suppose the difference is the top sides find a way to win against stubborn opponents even if it is flukey.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:41 pm

People need to realize that the days of "7-0 victories" are over. The Premiership has become one of the most watched leagues in the world because of its quality, well known for "almost anyone can beat anyone on their day".

You can not underestimate a side like Blackburn and think that you will get 4 goals past them. We could had done that had we played them while Souness was in charge because their defence was poor earlier on this season. Hughes has improved their defending ability as they have only conceeded one goal in the last seven games.

A team worth 200 million pounds only got one goal past them. Everton lost to the same side, they are very much difficult to break down.

You can not understimate any oposition.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:48 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:You can not understimate any oposition.

didn't you just say we won't lose or draw the derby game in another thread? Not under-estimating the opposition are we? :laugh:
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:57 pm

Underestimating Everton would be me saying that we will win without breaking a sweat or we winning 7-0 which is very unlikely to happen at this point of time however as a fan I don't see us losing or drawing this game.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion