Paul jewell - Quits wigan

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:17 pm

Jewell needs some time off due to stress. i think sven to newcastle and sam to city yeah. sam lives north east already...would make sense, esp if they get all that money from new investers.

newcastle next manager will be someone massive, and sven is a decent bet.

or that might be all tosh and big sam will be newcastle manager by 5pm...who knows nowadays
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Wigan name Hutchings as new boss 

Hutchings (left) helped keep Wigan in the Premiership for a third season
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has appointed Chris Hutchings as the club's new manager following the resignation of Paul Jewell.
Hutchings steps up from his role as assistant manager under Jewell, who has decided to take a break from football.

He also succeeded Jewell at Bradford, but lasted less than five months after winning one of 12 Premiership games.

"He's one of the best and most knowledgable coaches in the Premiership," said Whelan.

"Chris has been with us for the last six years overseeing the revolution on the playing side that has occured here and he has experienced all the successes first hand.

"He and Paul worked very closely together and I know how highly Paul regarded him both as a motivator and as a coach.

"I also feel it is very important to have someone who understands this club, so that we can have continuity and start planning straight away for next season.

Chris Hutchings has been as loyal and hard working a colleague as anyone could wish for

"There will be no delays now, and Chris can start working tomorrow, in the manager's chair.

"I feel Chris is the right person to progress the club into the next era.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome him as manager and give him my assurance that he will have my full and total backing as we seek to stay in the Premiership for a fourth season and keep establishing this club in the best league in the world.

"He is a very, very capable manager. It didn't work out for him at Bradford but he has my full support and the support of the board and I will supply him with the funds.

"It's always a gamble when you go into the market for a manager. I've appointed about half a dozen and we have had a couple of good ones and some failures.

"I know Chris Hutchings and I know how good he is. I've every confidence he'll push us forward.

"There's going to be a few players going and a few coming. We haven't had a good season - we have had bad luck and bad decisions and it is has put Paul Jewell down."

The 49-year-old Hutchings was second in command when Jewell helped keep the unfancied Bradford in the top flight on the last day of the 1999-2000 season.

Jewell handed in his notice only days afterwards and Hutchings took over as manager.

They won their first four games - all in the Intertoto Cup - and then beat Chelsea in their second Premiership game of the season.

But that proved to be his only success in the league and after just 21 games and 137 days in charge he was dismissed with the club second bottom of the Premiership.

The Bantams were relegated that season and two of Hutchings' expensive signings - Italian striker Benito Carbone and former Liverpool man Stan Collymore - were blamed by some fans for the club's subsequent financial woe.

In a statement announcing his reasons for his exit Jewell thanked Hutchings for his help in keeping the club in the top flight for a third season.

He said: "I reserve a big thank you to my assistant Chris Hutchings who has been as loyal and hard-working a colleague as anyone could wish for."
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:39 am

if jewell is taking a break from football, maybe he is going to everton

:wwww   :D
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion