Sabre.. please help! - Eto to liverpool for £26million. i think

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 am

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070502/NOTICIA297696593.html

Not very good at Spanish?  Sabre Can you decipher?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:12 pm

No doubt Sabre will be able to do a better job but until he responds here is a crappy online translation of the story. It doesn't make much sense but you should be able to pick out the gist of it.

Translation:

1. According to BTV, the Liverpool it will offer to Eto'o 6 million to him euros by season 2. The English club would do to the Cameroun forward a contract to him by four campaigns 3. If crack gave "yes", the Liverpool would make him arrive at the Barça a supply of 40 million 4. According to the advanced thing by BTV, the English club it wants to speak with Eto'o without intermediaries 02/05/07 03:00 h.La enormous goleadora capacity of Samuel Eto'o turns to him now one of the European objectives of many clubs that approaches the moment for culminating its strategy of draftees facing the next campaign. According to the Porteria made sure Monday in the program "" Barcelona Televisió (BTV), in the next days the Liverpool will make a direct approach to Samuel Eto'o to make him a supply stratospheric. The information that occurred yesterday in the program that presents/displays Pitu Abril in BTV offered very concrete details. In her one made sure that an emissary of the Liverpool will contact with Eto'o of direct form and without intermediaries of no type in next the fifteen days. This emissary of the club "network" has the intention to do to the azulgrana forward a supply of 6 million net euros by season and a contract to him of four years. That is to say, very many money. If this envoy of the Liverpool obtained the approval of the azulgrana forward, immediately afterwards he would go to the FC Barcelona to do a supply to him of purchase. According to one kept awake in BTV, the club of Liverpool would offer to the azulgrana organization 40 million euros, the equivalent one to 6,655 million pesetas. This amount is far beyond the 24 million euros that the Barça paid by Samuel Eto'o in the summer of 2004 but it would not perhaps be sufficient to convince to the azulgrana organization, dice the enormous cache of a player who has marked differences in Spain and Europe since he signed by Barcelona. In addition, that nobody forgets that to the Barça always they request very many money to him when it is going to file a player, with which now would be in his right to request the maximum by his front star. In this hypothetical scene, the figures of Frank Rijkaard and Txiki Begiristain would receive the great protagonism. And it is that the Dutch trainer would have to put in the balance which loses and what it gains with the march of a forward by far goal but that dynamited "cracked" clothes with its brutal one of Vilafranca. On the other hand, Txiki Begiristain would have to guess right with the substitute. In the market level are forwards by far but the azulgrana technical director would have to sharpen more than in previous seasons. This is not the first time that the Liverpool is interested in Samuel Eto'o. The own player admitted that, he himself year that fichó by the Barça, the club "network" economically did a supply to him superior to the azulgrana
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu May 03, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Do we want a player that will miss a big part of next season due to African Nations cup matches?
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu May 03, 2007 1:29 pm

I'll decipher that, and will investigate that at once. The source is not very reliable. BRB
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Rushie's online translation give hints and it can be understood, but some words are not well translated by the computer, so here I go with my crappy attempt

According to what Eto'o disclosed on monday in the BARCELONA TV program "La Porteria", the Reds will make a BIG offer in the next 15 days.

1. According to BTV, Liverpool will offer Eto'o 6 million  euros per season (about 4M quid)

2. The English club would offer Etoo a 4 years deal

3. If the crack (here we call cracks to world class players) said "yes", Liverpool would make reach to Barcelona an offer of 40 Million Euros (About 30M quid?)

4. According to what BTV forwarded the Engish club wants to talk with Eto'o without agents

Bellow this those 4 points are developed with no substantial information but the fact that Barcelona paid 24 Million Euros for Etoo, and that apparently Eto'o said that Liverpool tried to sign him up when he joined Barcelona, and despite being a better offer, he said no to LFC

-----------------

You know what? It seems to me that Eto'o is trying to get out of Spain at all costs. If Real Madrid is signing up Saviola and not Villa,is because getting big strikers is difficult.

IMHO, he'd be a good signing despite the all problems he can bring. Others came with problematic personalities and then there was not problems here.

Apparently it's true Eto'o said all this as it was recorded in TV. But is he true? if so, it's a bad move of Eto'o, because this kind of things only makes the player expensive. I'll keep looking.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 03, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 03, 2007 9:54 pm

Sabre wrote:Rushie's online translation give hints and it can be understood, but some words are not well translated by the computer, so here I go with my crappy attempt

According to what Eto'o disclosed on monday in the BARCELONA TV program "La Porteria", the Reds will make a BIG offer in the next 15 days.

1. According to BTV, Liverpool will offer Eto'o 6 million  euros per season (about 4M quid)

2. The English club would offer Etoo a 4 years deal

3. If the crack (here we call cracks to world class players) said "yes", Liverpool would make reach to Barcelona an offer of 40 Million Euros (About 30M quid?)

4. According to what BTV forwarded the Engish club wants to talk with Eto'o without agents

Bellow this those 4 points are developed with no substantial information but the fact that Barcelona paid 24 Million Euros for Etoo, and that apparently Eto'o said that Liverpool tried to sign him up when he joined Barcelona, and despite being a better offer, he said no to LFC

-----------------

You know what? It seems to me that Eto'o is trying to get out of Spain at all costs. If Real Madrid is signing up Saviola and not Villa,is because getting big strikers is difficult.

IMHO, he'd be a good signing despite the all problems he can bring. Others came with problematic personalities and then there was not problems here.

Apparently it's true Eto'o said all this as it was recorded in TV. But is he true? if so, it's a bad move of Eto'o, because this kind of things only makes the player expensive. I'll keep looking.

Good work Sabre, keep us posted dude  :buttrock
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 03, 2007 10:45 pm

It's the least I can do, mates, you keep me posted about what's going on up there!!

So that you see the big picture, Madrid has 2 big newpapers: AS, and Marca.

And Barcelona has 2 big papers: Sport, and EL mundo deportivo.

The article is from the latter. They spout a lot of shíte, most of them lies, or translations of english tabloids (Mirror, ***, and others).

In Sport, they do not even mention so far the move, so let's wait. I'll be aware.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 04, 2007 1:25 am

We will not imo pay over 20 million for one player no matter how good they are.
We will end up with the likes of Simao and a few others around that level 10-12 million, because of our wage structure.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri May 04, 2007 3:05 am

30 million pounds is way too much to pay for one player even for a player of Eto'o quality.

Somehow the term 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' comes to mind.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 04, 2007 10:47 am

No I disagree. This lad is EASLIY worth £30m and I would be immensely happy if we got him. This looks promising to me.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Fri May 04, 2007 11:04 am

Eto'o is not all that!

Over-rated no where near worth 30 million

lets not rush into silly buys just because we have a bit off money
duk

Postby Sabre » Fri May 04, 2007 11:31 am

No news so far this morning in the Spanish tabloids.

I see a dilemma here. For me no player is worth of so much money, but then, we had an Spanish international in the team. Morientes. We have an orange international now, Kuyt. Quite simply, if we want to improve that we have to look at the likes of Eto'o or Villa. And you need industrial amounts of money for that.

I think Rafa will know to negotiate if he's really interested. Barcelona knows we have money in the pocket, but we know that they'd need money to make signings ups. I'll keep you posted.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JeffJustice » Thu May 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Great player but I can't see Rafa making a bid for him due to the amount he will cost. Eto'o wants out but Barca are gonna want shedloads of money because he still has a few years left on his contract I think.
JeffJustice

Return to The Rumour Mill