Yellow card suspensions - Uefa champions league...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Well Red » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 pm

on the eve of the Chelski game, I'm a bit worried about the players from our team who are on a yellow card or two already and are just a card or two away from missing a game. There'll be cards in these two legs, for sure. Missing people for the final would be devastating when you look at the quality of the opposition. Gerrard in particular must be on at least one yellow...

So, does anyone know what players we have that are on cards? I think it's three to each one match suspension. On this note, are there any Chelsea players who are one away from missing the second leg of the semi? They're missing Essien already  :p

List please
Last edited by Well Red on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm

Dont think any of our have two, will come back to you.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Liverpool:
-Pennant

Chelsea:
-Ballack
-Robben
-Diarra
-J.Cole
-Drogba

Man Utd:
-Evra
-Heinze
-Ronaldo
-Scholes

Milan:
-Maldini
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Liverpool:
-Pennant

Chelsea:
-Ballack
-Robben
-Diarra
-J.Cole
-Drogba

Man Utd:
-Evra
-Heinze
-Ronaldo
-Scholes

Milan:
-Maldini

Carra's got one card that he picked up against Barca.

how many cards have each of those got?
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm

Chelsea concern
Almost half wear the blue of Chelsea, who have the worst disciplinary record of the sides left in the tournament after accumulating 23 yellow cards (United are next with 19 and one red).

Michael Ballack, Joe Cole, Lassana Diarra, Didier Drogba and Arjen Robben must all be on their best behaviour, while Liverpool, who welcome back Dirk Kuyt after his ban, have concerns only over Jermaine Pennant. Milan are similarly blessed, with just captain Paolo Maldini walking the tightrope.

Scholes return
Paul Scholes returns for Manchester United having been ruled out of the 7-1 rout of AS Roma after his first-leg dismissal, yet he will face another suspension if cautioned against Milan at Old Trafford following two earlier entries into the referee's notebook. Cristiano Ronaldo, Patrice Evra and Gabriel Heinze are in a similar position, and if they evade further censure on 24 April they will have to do the same again in the second leg at San Siro - or risk missing the final.

www.uefa.com
destro

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:41 pm

-Pennant

Chelsea:
-Ballack
-Robben
-Diarra
-J.Cole
-Drogba

Man Utd:
-Evra
-Heinze
-Ronaldo
-Scholes

Milan:
-Maldini

Ref wasnt great tonight only Evra is banned when Scholes should have missed the next three games.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:
-Pennant

Chelsea:
-Ballack
-Robben
-Diarra
-J.Cole
-Drogba

Man Utd:
-Evra
-Heinze
-Ronaldo
-Scholes

Milan:
-Maldini

Ref wasnt great tonight only Evra is banned when Scholes should have missed the next three games.

True , the ref was tryin soo hard not to take out 2sd yellow.
Elchris

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Missing people for the final would be devastating? Indeed it would, but let's just get there first, shall we not ??? If (when) we do that, I'll worry about potential players missing :cool:

Anyway: still nice to see, that we aren't as troubled as the mancs and the chavskis in this department  :;):
JamCar05

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:29 am

Well Red wrote:on the eve of the Chelski game, I'm a bit worried about the players from our team who are on a yellow card or two already and are just a card or two away from missing a game. There'll be cards in these two legs, for sure. Missing people for the final would be devastating when you look at the quality of the opposition. Gerrard in particular must be on at least one yellow...

So, does anyone know what players we have that are on cards? I think it's three to each one match suspension. On this note, are there any Chelsea players who are one away from missing the second leg of the semi? They're missing Essien already  :p

List please

If SG out for the second leg, Don't worry we still have alonso, JM, MS and Zenden.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:33 am

football365

Jose Mourinho demonstrated yet again that the art of playing mind games with the opposition is still one of his greatest skills by claiming Liverpool will do all they can to get top scorer Didier Drogba booked in Wednesday's Champions League semi-final at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba is a yellow card away from a suspension that will rule him out of the return leg at Anfield and Mourinho fears the worst.

Yet the Portuguese coach was not content to merely voice his concerns over Liverpool's potential treatment of his 31-goal Ivorian striker, he also hinted the Merseysiders were not as big as Chelsea because they had concentrated solely on the Champions League.

The Chelsea coach is clearly on a roll after Sunday's boast that new rules in the game prevented penalties being awarded against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Mourinho delivered that comment after the Blues' goalless draw at Newcastle left them three points adrift of United in the race for the Barclays Premiership and were clearly designed to heap pressure on officials during the climax to an enthralling season.

But Mourinho is already preparing the groundwork for two cataclysmic semi-final games against the team that he still maintains beat them at the same stage of the competition two years ago without scoring a goal.

But while he insists that 'revenge' is not on his mind, he was quick to point out that Liverpool must be favourites because of Chelsea's injuries, fatigued players and a dire disciplinary situation.

Joe Cole and Lassana Diarra, like Drogba, are just one booking away from missing the second leg and Mourinho believes Rafa Benitez's side will make the most of it - especially where Drogba is concerned.

Mourinho declared: "The fact is they don't have players on yellow cards. They had an easy group in the Champions League and had a chance to 'clean' cards.

"For example Dirk Kuyt getting a card in the last minute against PSV was because he didn't want to play in the second game to be clean for the rest of the competition.

"We have Essien suspended and a lot of players with two yellow cards and it would not surprise me if they chase Drogba for 90 minutes to try and get him suspended for the second game.

"So even on that they are on a different level than us. They have more conditions than us, but we will see who wins. Our intention is to play the game and try to win."

But Benitez brushed aside Mourinho's claims.

But Benitez, who maintained that "I do not like playing these mind games", still managed the perfect put-down by saying: "It had not crossed my mind, but maybe it has Mourinho's because that is what Chelsea did two seasons ago to Xabi Alonso."

In the semi-final of 2005, Eidur Gudjohnsen was accused by Liverpool of diving to get Alonso booked, thus ruling him out of the second match at Anfield which Liverpool won 1-0 to go into the Istanbul final.

Benitez said: "Maybe that is what Jose did to Alonso. But if that was a message to the referee (Markus Merk) then I can say that if it is a yellow card, that is what it should be. If it is red, then also that is what it should be.

"I have confidence in Markus Merk, he is a very good referee and I am happy with the referees at this level."

Benitez also responded to Mourinho's persistent complaining about his injury worries. The Spaniard said: "I am learning many things I didn't know. That Chelsea have injury problems, but so do we.

"That they are tired and we are playing less important games. They have spent a lot of money over the last few years and they have a big squad.

"I also hear that he says Chelsea have got 60 more points than us over the last three years. Well to do that they have spent big, how much has each point cost them?"

Benitez, though, tried to get back to the game, saying: "We are confident, we have beaten them before and in important cup ties.

"We feel we can do that again. We need to score and to keep a clean sheet, and we are confident that we can do that. If we do score at Stamford Bridge, it will give us a much better chance at Anfield, exactly like last time."
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:01 am

peewee wrote:football365

Jose Mourinho demonstrated yet again that the art of playing mind games with the opposition is still one of his greatest skills by claiming Liverpool will do all they can to get top scorer Didier Drogba booked in Wednesday's Champions League semi-final at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba is a yellow card away from a suspension that will rule him out of the return leg at Anfield and Mourinho fears the worst.

Yet the Portuguese coach was not content to merely voice his concerns over Liverpool's potential treatment of his 31-goal Ivorian striker, he also hinted the Merseysiders were not as big as Chelsea because they had concentrated solely on the Champions League.

The Chelsea coach is clearly on a roll after Sunday's boast that new rules in the game prevented penalties being awarded against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Mourinho delivered that comment after the Blues' goalless draw at Newcastle left them three points adrift of United in the race for the Barclays Premiership and were clearly designed to heap pressure on officials during the climax to an enthralling season.

But Mourinho is already preparing the groundwork for two cataclysmic semi-final games against the team that he still maintains beat them at the same stage of the competition two years ago without scoring a goal.

But while he insists that 'revenge' is not on his mind, he was quick to point out that Liverpool must be favourites because of Chelsea's injuries, fatigued players and a dire disciplinary situation.

Joe Cole and Lassana Diarra, like Drogba, are just one booking away from missing the second leg and Mourinho believes Rafa Benitez's side will make the most of it - especially where Drogba is concerned.

Mourinho declared: "The fact is they don't have players on yellow cards. They had an easy group in the Champions League and had a chance to 'clean' cards.

"For example Dirk Kuyt getting a card in the last minute against PSV was because he didn't want to play in the second game to be clean for the rest of the competition.

"We have Essien suspended and a lot of players with two yellow cards and it would not surprise me if they chase Drogba for 90 minutes to try and get him suspended for the second game.

"So even on that they are on a different level than us. They have more conditions than us, but we will see who wins. Our intention is to play the game and try to win."

But Benitez, who maintained that "I do not like playing these mind games", still managed the perfect put-down by saying: "It had not crossed my mind, but maybe it has Mourinho's because that is what Chelsea did two seasons ago to Xabi Alonso."

In the semi-final of 2005, Eidur Gudjohnsen was accused by Liverpool of diving to get Alonso booked, thus ruling him out of the second match at Anfield which Liverpool won 1-0 to go into the Istanbul final.

Benitez said: "Maybe that is what Jose did to Alonso. But if that was a message to the referee (Markus Merk) then I can say that if it is a yellow card, that is what it should be. If it is red, then also that is what it should be.

"I have confidence in Markus Merk, he is a very good referee and I am happy with the referees at this level."

Benitez also responded to Mourinho's persistent complaining about his injury worries. The Spaniard said: "I am learning many things I didn't know. That Chelsea have injury problems, but so do we.

"That they are tired and we are playing less important games. They have spent a lot of money over the last few years and they have a big squad.

"I also hear that he says Chelsea have got 60 more points than us over the last three years. Well to do that they have spent big, how much has each point cost them?"

Benitez, though, tried to get back to the game, saying: "We are confident, we have beaten them before and in important cup ties.

"We feel we can do that again. We need to score and to keep a clean sheet, and we are confident that we can do that. If we do score at Stamford Bridge, it will give us a much better chance at Anfield, exactly like last time."

He made himself look like a moaning tw.at and nothing else.

All this love for him, I just done get it.

Sometimes he makes me smile, but at times I cringe and thank the lord Scholes was given off side and he didnt end up as our manager.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 am

the problem is leon some people feed his ego, a lot of reporters praise his actions and he carries on, its about time they came out and told him he looks a right kunt
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:15 am

Jose Mourinho demonstrated yet again that the art of playing mind games with the opposition is still one of his greatest skills

Is that a joke of the journalist I don't get?

:Oo:

IMHO, as we say here Rafa has eaten Mourinho's mind!! meaning he's much better in that!!

Perhaps it's the culture difference, but Mourinho is seen here as a twát!! not that I say that because I'm a Liverpool fan, but neutral pundits say his rants are OTT!!

Mourinho breaks one of the most important rules of a good manager speechs!! he slates his own players!! You can't slate the only people who can give you eventually the glory!. Look instead what Rafa did recently with Momo, he defended him brom criticism!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:59 am

peewee wrote:football365

Beating Cheshit is the only way to make him shut up ....

COME ON LIVERPOOL !!!!!
LiverpoolMadman

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion