Possible buys when transfer window opens.. - A few little whispers here and there..

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:23 pm

Houllier is apparently looking at bringing Borrusia Dortmund playmaker Tomas Rosicky to Anfield, the Czech midfielder has said to have had a falling out with staff at Dortmund and Gez H is looking to get him at a snip for £5million when the transfer window opens again in the New Year, I think this guy would be an excellent buy and would really strengthen are attacking options.

Also Hou is looking to get Boumsong, but when is unclear, possible on a free, when his contract runs out with Auxerre at the end of the season. This guy was pretty solid when they played Arsenal last at Highbury and won 2-1. With him and Rosicky the team would be looking very good for a title attempt.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:34 pm

I think those 2 are quite strong rumours,but we could do with another forward to take the pressure off Owen and to drive us on to the top.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:43 am

Think Supersub is damn rite..Another out and out striker is what we need to improve the no. of goals scored. Why not Beatie? Better in almost all aspects compared to Heskey... :laugh:
whylongball?

Postby robbywood2003 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:32 pm

If heskey was a bit more angry he would be our best striker, if you know what I mean.
robbywood2003

Postby flop75 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:22 pm

:D I think we deffo need another striker since Baros got injured. Robert Earnshaw at Cardiff would be a good buy, he's a real livewire and gets loads of goals. I like the look of Boumsong and Rosicky is a class act too.
flop75

Postby beeker » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:39 pm

is it just me we need a leader in midfield ,a macmahon souness ,oh and chip in the odd goal,is steve gerrard a moivator?was rednapp~hell no.    new players~ballack,bayern,john terry chelsea ,
beeker

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:29 pm

Gerrard is a great driving force in the midfield.If ever we needed a real captain,know is the time.Give Steven Gerrard the the leadership.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:54 pm

Sorry to repeat myself, i've brought this up in another post - there was a player from Ajax who ran rings around us pre-season.  What was his name?  We should have a look at him!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby greenred » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:27 pm

jaap stam,liam miller(the new keane),steve carr,rivaldo,patrick  kluivert etc etc
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:46 pm

Realistically we have to look at it, players like Ballack and Rivaldo are pipe dreams, getting a player like Rosicky, who is like 25, would allow us to get on with cracking Europe again and Boumsong would be a great buy. For another out and out striker, a player like Djbril Cisse, who wants to come to us and Gez is apparently keen on him coming to Anfield. Baros is a great prospect for the future, but at the moment we need a another striker to partner Mikey Owen who will get us goals.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:52 pm

I think Boumsong and Cisse are in the bag,it's wether they join this January or wait till the summer.Rosicky is another possibility we will have to wait and see.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge