The Alonso Thread - hands in transfer request

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby roberto green » Wed May 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Who reckons Kenny should make a cheeky little bid for him...

Poulsen + 10m?

:D
roberto green

Postby neil » Wed May 25, 2011 4:32 pm

please make it happen :D
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed May 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Yes please :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Xabi  :(
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Since we were getting rid of him mainly because of Barry, we could have at least actually sign Barry!!

Damn I really miss Xabi, and I miss him more and more every time he talks about Liverpool. Always shows true love for the club and acts like the biggest fan. I hope when he leaves Real he'll come here and end his career with us, wouldnt care if he turns 40 by that time. He wants to come here and we want him to come here, so who knows, it might actually happen one day :).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 am

roberto green wrote:Who reckons Kenny should make a cheeky little bid for him...

Poulsen + 10m?

:D

Hahaha....imagine Poulsen going to Madrid  :laugh:

Lets see in Midfield they have:

Kaka
Ozil
Xabi Alonso
Sergio Canales
Diarra
Granero
Gago
di María
Khedira

Going by these standards Poulsen could be third in line for a water boy position.
:;):
killerp

Postby Greavesie » Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 am

Dundalk wrote:Xabi  :(

+1
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 29, 2011 6:15 am

metalhead wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
brentd4 wrote::censored: you rafa, what a tw@t tryin to replace himwith barry, cant believe that. complete bellend

Here we go  :no

ignore Ciggy,

as much as I love Rafa as a person and how he felt for the club, I think he made a mistake on this one, deep down I think Rafa feels he made a mistake about Xabi

Rafa made a big mistake there yes. But we must also not forget the context. Xabi has been losing his form for the past two seasons then and was not playing at his same own high level of his first two seasons. People were complaining on here that Xabi was too slow if the opposition forwards pressure him quickly he couldn't get his passing game going. People were starting to claim Xabi wasn't fit for premiership. Barry was on the up and was more of a mobile midfielder who could compliment Gerrard better. Rafa was told to sell before buying so he had to make the tough decisions. Rafa made a judgement mistake of choosing Xabi as sellable but in the end the blame lies in the then owners the two clowns.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:43 am

maguskwt wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
brentd4 wrote::censored: you rafa, what a tw@t tryin to replace himwith barry, cant believe that. complete bellend

Here we go  :no

ignore Ciggy,

as much as I love Rafa as a person and how he felt for the club, I think he made a mistake on this one, deep down I think Rafa feels he made a mistake about Xabi

Rafa made a big mistake there yes. But we must also not forget the context. Xabi has been losing his form for the past two seasons then and was not playing at his same own high level of his first two seasons. People were complaining on here that Xabi was too slow if the opposition forwards pressure him quickly he couldn't get his passing game going. People were starting to claim Xabi wasn't fit for premiership. Barry was on the up and was more of a mobile midfielder who could compliment Gerrard better. Rafa was told to sell before buying so he had to make the tough decisions. Rafa made a judgement mistake of choosing Xabi as sellable but in the end the blame lies in the then owners the two clowns.

Mate, Rafa made an even bigger error of judgement in that whole fiasco : Barry is SHYTE to start with; Alonso isn't/wasn't !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 29, 2011 5:59 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Mate, Rafa made an even bigger error of judgement in that whole fiasco : Barry is SHYTE to start with; Alonso isn't/wasn't !!

go back to the summer of 2008 and try to remember the forms of both Xabi and Barry... were you this sure back then? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Alonso fan... but he only played better again in our title challenging season 08-09. He was very good in 04-05 and 05-06 seasons. During the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons, he was a bit of a let down. Hindsight is 20 20 mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 29, 2011 6:29 pm

maguskwt wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Mate, Rafa made an even bigger error of judgement in that whole fiasco : Barry is SHYTE to start with; Alonso isn't/wasn't !!

go back to the summer of 2008 and try to remember the forms of both Xabi and Barry... were you this sure back then? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Alonso fan... but he only played better again in our title challenging season 08-09. He was very good in 04-05 and 05-06 seasons. During the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons, he was a bit of a let down. Hindsight is 20 20 mate...

True for some, no doubt, but I was one that never lost the faith with Xabi (go back and read my posts).  A dip in form or not, he was always a class player that was one of the keys to our success during the Benitez years.  I for one had no interest in replacing him with Barry and there were a fair few others who felt the same as I remember.

Anyways, it's all water under the proverbial bridge now (or at least it should be)...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:16 am

Xabi's on LFC TV tonight:

10pm: Xabi Alonso on LFC TV
5th Jun 2011 - Latest News

He's one of Liverpool's modern day greats and tonight on LFC TV Xabi Alonso opens his heart about his five years on Merseyside in a world exclusive interview.

With questions still unanswered following his switch to Spain in the summer of 2009 - and with not having had the chance to say goodbye to the Kopites who idolised him - Alonso invited us to the Spanish capital to give his most in-depth interview since swapping Merseyside for Madrid.

Throughout our chat inside the Real Madrid training complex at Valdebebas, Alonso talks through the events leading up to his departure and also discusses:

* How the fans made it difficult for him to leave

* The glory of Istanbul and Cardiff

* The agony of Athens

* Why he misses Stevie G and Carra

* His respect for 'King Kenny'

* Keeping in touch with fans on Twitter

* His new life in Madrid

* His love for Liverpool FC

* The future - and whether he may ever return

'Xabi Alonso: The Big Interview' premieres on LFC TV at 10pm BST tonight and will be available to watch on demand on LFC TV Online shortly afterwards.

Link to LFC TV site
burjennio

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

if anyone can find it online drop a link please :)

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:47 pm

the write up

Xabi interview

why not? Xabi the tease :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 pm

I absoutely love him and love that he loves us

Thanks for everything Xabi.

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge