LIVERPOOL VS SHEFFIELD UNITED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Just got in from work, tried not to know the result so i could watch us on football  first but my little brothers got a big mouth.
Good result and glad to see robbie sami and stevie on the scoresheet 3legends in my books
from what you lot have said mascherano played well but hes class so thats to be expected
by the way for anyone who went the game how did gonzo play???

get well soon crouchie ive broke my nose twice and hes gonna have one hell of a headache tonight
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby matmitchell » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Good result today, could have been tricky against a hard working side like Sheffield after our midweek game. Glad to hear Mascherano settled in well too, should be a useful addition to the squad. Gives Momo and Alonso a bit of healthy competition for a place partnering Stevie anyway :)
matmitchell

Postby Elchris » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:00 pm

gonzales and pennant worked so hard today but they could do much more better don't know how much time they have time to prove myself....and when i saw the game today there was a sense of togetherness....the players looks like to be bonded well  n it could only do good for the game..!! Again Great result lets keep em'coming..the mancs are in the rite time to be beaten looks like the heavens are on our side :D
Elchris

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Wonder what Warnock will find to moan about now!?!

:D

Come on lads - let's make it 5!

Looks as if the Big Nosed One apparantly  told Stevie he was disappointed at the way he won one of the penalties.... :D

Pity we didn't knock 7 or 8 past them,that might have shut him up a bit....
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:56 pm

Gracias King Rafa wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Wonder what Warnock will find to moan about now!?!

:D

Come on lads - let's make it 5!

Looks as if the Big Nosed One apparantly  told Stevie he was disappointed at the way he won one of the penalties.... :D

Pity we didn't knock 7 or 8 past them,that might have shut him up a bit....

He would never shut up, he will moan about anything, even the pies he ate at half time.

I fooking hate him, he is one of those :censored: managers
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby premiership fan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:15 pm

premiership fan

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:26 am

Good result. Both pens were legit.

Warnock is whining about nothing.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1171708240 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:14 am

It was a good performance marred by Gerrard’s antics, whilst Gerrard is more than entitled to fall over in the penalty area when contact has been made, it’s not something I like to see, especially from a player who wanted to stamp this out of the game, and he does seem hypocritical in many ways. However he’s not the only one to conduct this rather negative behaviour, but I shan’t moan if Ronaldo or Rooney dive against us when the Mancs come to visit us. Draconian law seems to play effectively here.

Crouch’s nose looks nasty in that picture, but I’m sure it’s something which can be rectified with a two grand nose job.

All in all satisfied with the result, if we keep going we could secure third place.

As for Warnock, sure he moans, but most of the time he's right.
Last edited by 83-1171708240 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
83-1171708240

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Good result from the lads good week in general. Glad Fowler started and got his two goals. Hyypia was solid at the back and after scoring could help laughin at his little celebration. Gerrard was solid great again yesterday and thank god he scored

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:46 pm

The most important thing is the B team is producing results, taking the pressure off the A team, so all credit to them. The win also maintains the adrenaline level with a good win. Lets wait and see how Barca so today playing against Athletico Bilbao.  (Rocky Bilboa's cousin?)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:27 pm

pens where legit. great game people where playing well all over the park, glad to see it from the reserve tema aswell.

things are looking up i feel.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby 83-1171708240 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:00 pm

I don’t think I or anyone else is denying the penalties were legitimate or not, it’s more to do with the concept of how the penalties were won. Gerrard for the first one play acted and fair play to him, it’s pretty normal seeing as it’s becoming more of a mod condition within contemporary football. It’s the double standards and hypocritical views that really grind my testies between a rock and a hard place. If Ronaldo, Drobga or anyone else did that against us most supporters would feel rather agitated and aggrieved by it and all the moans would surface their ugly heads and there would be a wanted banner for their head or heads. It was a good win and it was nice to win by such a margin, but Neil Warnock had every right to feel frustration and vent his disapproval at the decision.

I’m not complaining about Gerrard’s actions, but I won’t complain should Ronaldo or Rooney simulate inside our box and gain the advantage or anyone else for that matter.
Last edited by 83-1171708240 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83-1171708240

Postby kunilson » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:00 pm

1st pen  was iffy, didnt like gerrard goin down so easily...but the fact that u can count how many times he's done that sort of thing with one hand proves he's not a hypocrite most of the time :D

good game though, thought in the 1st half we weren't clicking enough, and we gave the ball away too cheaply at times, once i counted 3 loose passes in a row which angered me...but fortunately they were just as bad or mascherano put in a good tackle or summin..2nd half was better, they seemed to wanna push up more which gave us the opportunity to counter more....the last goal was brilliant.

Great result for us, keep it going redmen
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:38 pm

1st pen was harsh but the defender shouldnt have grabbed him

but it was easy result in the end so i dont know why i neil (i wannabe mouriniho) warnock was moaning

pleased with mascherano gave a few passes away but that is down to sharpness, great buy also pennent is improving as the season goes on, maybe we do need a world class right winger but having pennant as back-up sounds good to me
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby agoodmentality » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:45 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WN0BY2sxGA&mode=related&search=

Mascherano debut, listen to the commentary on Gerrard's goal, laughable, (i think its david pltwatt)
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion