Bit of news on former reds

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Hope they keep xavier and we get mexes :cool:

Former Portugal international and Liverpool star Luis Abel Xavier is currently on trial at Serie A giants AS Roma.
The 32 year old will undergo a ten day trial period, after which Delneri will decide whether to sign him or not.

Abel Xavier was released by Bundesliga side Hannover 96 last summer, and has not joined a club since.

It appears Roma have selected Xavier as a replacement for Philippe Mexes, in case the young and blond defender gets suspended by TAS as a result of irregularities in his transfer from Auxerre to the Giallorossi.

Also we should have maybe kept hold of Jari for a few more seasons he was a good little play maker for us.

Hansa Rostock have announced the signing of Finland international forward Jari Litmanen.

The 33-year-old has moved on a free transfer from FC Lahti in his homeland and has signed an 18-month deal with the Bundesliga strugglers.

"It's a great challenge for me to help Hansa in the relegation race," the frontman said on the club's official website, www.hansa-rostock.de.

"And the Bundesliga is a whole new experience."

Litmanen came to the fore with Ajax, winning the 1995 Champions League while at the Dutch giants, before moving to Barcelona in 1999.

Injuries meant that the playmaker failed to secure a first-team spot at the Nou Camp and he signed for Liverpool in 2001.

After helping the English club to a cup treble that summer, he found himself as a bit-part player under boss Gerard Houllier, eventually returning to Ajax in 2002 and then on to Lahti last year.

He holds Finland's goalscoring record with 24 and is just eight caps away from setting a new national appearance record of 101.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 pm

abel xavier was absolute poop..i couldnt understand why we went through all of that trouble to sign him from out bitter rivals or shud i say the blu sh!t :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:31 pm

abel xavier with normal hair :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:46 am

jari litmanen. now he was world class, and we wasted his talents. ok we had baldy in midfield and he played stunning for us that year we won a load but jari should ahve stayed
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:57 am

stmichael wrote:abel xavier with normal hair :D

normal? ???

I thought he wasn't that bad for us to be honest, he just seemed to fade away into the background never to be seen again. Certainly not our worst player by a long shot
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:29 pm

Speaking of former players, im rapted that my local club in Australian League has signed this Liverpool Legend as its new coach

Perth Glory has announced that former England international and Liverpool midfielder Steve McMahon will be its head coach for the inaugural A-League season.

"I see a move to Australia as a tremendous challenge for me," 43-year-old McMahon said on Tuesday.

"Australia is highly regarded around the world in so many different sports, and I have no doubt that this can also be achieved in football."

"The potential is limitless and I'm confident I can play a role in this."

During a glittering career McMahon played over 600 games for Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Manchester City and has been coaching for the past years in the English lower leagues with Swindon Town (1994-1998) and Blackpool (2000-2004).

"Steve will bring a wealth of international coaching exposure to the club from an illustrious and long playing career," Perth Glory chairman Nick Tana said.

McMahon won three League Championships, a League and Cup Double, and two FA Cups as a player and played 18 times for England, which included the 1988 European Championship and 1990 World Cup.

"He has an extensive global network of football contacts of the highest pedigree and Steve will be reporting to the club's technical manager, Mich D'Avray," Tana added.

McMahon has beaten a short-list of overseas coaches - including former Chelsea manager John Hollins - for the job.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maure_is_sh1t » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:29 pm

i feel signing xavier was absolutely not necessary... look wad happens to him, we sign him, abandon him, and now he is so pitiful... :(
maure_is_sh1t

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:48 am

Nick Barmby scored for his current club Hull today.

He really has gone on to bigger and better things since he left Liverpool.  :blush:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:48 pm

stmichael wrote:abel xavier with normal hair :D

define normal?
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby JBG » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Bernard Diomonde scored his first goal for his new club, French second division side Creitiel (sic) at the weekend.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:10 pm

alou diarra scored for lens last night. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge