Parry admits gerrard problems - Cheif exec hopes to sort it out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jimmyb » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:54 pm

theres a thin line between love and hate. will stevie cross that line for money? i think we should be ok with michael next season the way he,s playing for england who,s gonna buy him?
jimmyb

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:16 pm

The thing about Michael is he does this all the time.

Everyone writes him off and says how ****** he is.

And at the minute... they're right... he is... and we can't see an end to this sort of form...

But when at his best, he is the best. Simple as that.

But if they're gonna ****** my club around, they can ****** off.

Steven Gerrard needs to come out an state what he feels.

If he isn't happy, he should be told to sling his hook. Especially if its true about him wanting to move because he didn't get the manager he wanted. If its down to Houllier being sacked in the first place, i could understand that a bit more, as he's been Gerrards only proffessional manager... when i say a bit, i mean a TINY BIT... HOWEVER... even that would be a dodgy situation. If its anything else he should go now.
115-1073096938

Postby jimmyb » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:35 pm

i wouldn,t mind michael playing so bad for england and staying with the reds next season but he,s costing me a fortune with the first goalscorer bets and im not gonna back shrek
jimmyb

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:42 pm

Just cant bring myself to contemplate Stevie actually leaving us  the thought of him lining up in another teams colours is gut wrenching  , its tantamount  to moving into a new ground and having to  share it with the blue ****** ,or  maybe its on a par with selling our soul to the highest  Taiwanese bidder ,in point of fact nothing would surprise me ,Liverpool’s  recent publicity has only  served as a warning to  us loyal diehards  that the club is currently on shaky ground with its future uncertain.

If Gerrard does eventually leave for Chelsea it will confirm one defining truth , that a rising talent born and bred in Liverpool ,considers our great club can offer no ambition and that in my opinion is the saddest  indictment on Liverpool fc
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:45 pm

come on people, imagine you play for liverpool and you're one of their best players.  You love the club and want the best, yet it's not happening.  What would you do?   

I would tell the board i'm not happy and i want changes for success.  This is what I think has happend.  I think 3-4 good signings will sort this out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:07 am

Rumours Rumours! The United Fans in here tonight are saying they have him already (Gerrard) and not Chelsea..
I know its probably rumours but theres something eating me about it all...
  :(  :angry: Look at it this way...Great players have been replaced before and in Benitez we have a man who can build us a great team ..Owens form will return..like kewells..nomatter what happens we will walk on
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby edwardo » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:32 am

I imagine SG's England form is suffering through all this which would explain his lack-lustre performances, his agent will have a lot to answer for because ultimateley he will be at the fore of all the speculation although SG himself may be pulling the strings, if he is then we should see him off without a wave goodbye. LFC made him the player he has become (I admit his tallent was a contributing factor but many like him fell into obscurity without the sort of support he received), he must have dreamed as a kid of playing for us on our hallowed ground, let alone the sort of money he'd earn doing it so in those dreams did he see the green green grass of Anfield or the silver in the trophy cabinet or the greenbacked notes in his future wage packets?
He should ask himself that question because if he is honest, he will stay and help to fulfill the dreams of all the kids who dream just like he did of the green green grass and the trophy cabinet, sod the money, he's a millionaire anyway. Benitez being older and wiser can only explain to him why he left a very successful club to come to LFC, that wasn't about money! that is about being involved with the greatest club in the world and the belief that he can take us back to the pinnacle, SG should listen and respect!
As for MO, he's lost 2 yards and won't get em back, (hamstrings and all that, been fantastic in his day and all that) gimme Baros anyday.
edwardo

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:17 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has admitted for the first time that Reds captain Steven Gerrard is unhappy at Anfield ...

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has admitted for the first time that Reds captain Steven Gerrard is unhappy at Anfield's FINANCE.

The England midfielder has told Parry that he was not satisfied with how ECONOMICS were developing at the club as he wants the club to meet his own ambitions.

The speculation has raised doubts about Gerrard's long-term WEALTH future with Chelsea and Manchester United both strongly linked with the powerhouse midfielder.

Parry admitted that one of the first tasks of new Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will be to persuade Gerrard that his goals can be met at the club. (but if it's about money, pass him my regret, he and this club have the same concern)

"The next priority is for Rafa and I meet to meet Stevie and try to persuade him that his future is at this club, (please help us making money) " said Parry.

"I spoke to him three weeks ago and it was clear that he was not happy. He was down and he wants success =money.

"It isn't about money with Stevie. Medals are important to him and he told me that he doesn't want to be here at 35 having not won anything." (and Chelsea is full of Medals?, or potential to grab some?) Stevie, you're absolutetely a great player, but we're not a bunch of nuts

"Finishing fourth in The Premiership is not an achievement in his eyes, but finishing rich is, and we are with him on that.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:22 am

No one is Irreplaceable!!! If he wants to go let him. I personally liked him as a player very much.
But I will not give a player that has no commitment the club to be in the team.
SG will decide after euro, so till he confirms anything from his mouth.....

Beni will face the same problem with SG as he faced with Kily Gonzalez back then.
I repeat... No player is indispensable in LFC. :angry:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:29 pm

i agree with that- the day we let players think they are bigger than the club will destroy LFC
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion