Trust the manager. - Benitez will deliver the goods.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:46 pm

PureLoneWolf wrote:I have to say that I disagree that buying quality buys consistency.  Buying quality in the terms used generally means to purchase world class individuals.  That doesn't guarantee a good team.  Much as I dislike her, MaureenHo managed to get them playing as a team the past 2 seasons and that helped.  With the new "Big Name" signings this is no longer guaranteed, they will expect to play and this could well be at the expense of the team.

Remember, he has spent big since he got there, but no real "Illustrious" names until this season.  Now they are looking at Carlos.  Smacks to me of a chairman that wants recognition as being a big club that can buy anyone, rather than a manager looking to better the team.  Real Madrid anyone???

Pure Lone Wolf....

I have to say that I disagree that buying quality buys consistency.  Buying quality in the terms used generally means to purchase world class individuals.  That doesn't guarantee a good team.  Much as I dislike her, MaureenHo managed to get them playing as a team the past 2 seasons and that helped.  With the new "Big Name" signings this is no longer guaranteed, they will expect to play and this could well be at the expense of the team.

Doesnt guaruntee a good team?   2 league titles on the trot?
I think you need a lesson. what 16 years for LFC?

Remember, he has spent big since he got there, but no real "Illustrious" names until this season. 

what like....Makalele, Duff, Wright Phillips, RObben, Drogba, Carvalho, etc.

You need a lesson in football boy.
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 am

benitez will deliver the goods ?
and will continue to benitez has deliverd the goods
so far very excelent :)
im not complainin and dont see why any one should be
some fans always expect more and more
the guy just wont 2 majors in 2 seasons!
why should some individuals  complain at that !
Kopite-Jud

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:17 pm

I ama amazed by this thread, if fans are doubting Rafa then they ought to have a look in the mirror. While I don't buy into the ever improving theory as it nearly always blows up in your face - just ask Gerard - Rafa's side has shown plenty of improvement and if we can get the results at the top end of the table against Chelsea, mancs and lesserly Arsenal then we're as good as any team. Had we beaten Chelsea twice instead of losing twice we'd be league champions, we did TEN doubles last season so there isn't much more needed to make that final but most demanding step

And to think we achieved a lot last season without many goals from our strikers, if we sign another key striker and maybe one or two other good players elsewhere then what more can we do?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Take no notice to Spion he works for Kr@ptalk.
Care to name these so called paranoid panicing people?
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:Take no notice to Spion he works for Kr@ptalk.
I have not seen one post on here with people para or anyone panicing, care to show us these topics?

no idea who he works for, but i'm convinced these are not his own words. copy n paste i reckon. prove me wrong spion.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 pm

spion wrote:Benitez will be a true Kop legend one day & next season is just another year getting to the top of the mountain.

the guy's already a legend you idiot. to win the CL with the squad we had back then was nothing short of miraculous.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mitch22 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:47 pm

bring it on . 2 cups in 2 seasons .... refrase to major cups in 2 seasons. Come on u REDS
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 pm

every time i see a thread started by spion i just do the normal thing, and completely ignore it!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:50 pm

dawson99 wrote:every time i see a thread started by spion i just do the normal thing, and completely ignore it!

no you don't, you've just replied to this one. :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm

touche
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion