Trust the manager. - Benitez will deliver the goods.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Reading the current crop of postings one thing springs to mind. Panic!
The season hasn't even started & already the voices of paranoia are getting louder. I for one, have not worried about next season. The last two years have been better than the previous four & I include the treble in that statment because in all the years Houllier manned the ship we never progressed as much as Rafa has in since he came aboard.
Unless you have the kings ransom like Chavski revolution takes time. No dissrespect to the kings road fancy dans but I bet it really cant be that sweet winning the league that way, my mate Rich who supports Chavski said it felt an empty season winning it like that & wished they could do it "honestly".  Imagine when we lift that Premier trophy after winning the league without buying it.
Benitez will be a true Kop legend one day & next season is just another year getting to the top of the mountain.
spion

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:34 pm

I havent felt one bit paranoid, panicked or worried and i thought everyone was looking forward to a successful season, i know i am anyway. I can see this one being special
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby madred » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 pm

I have total faith in what Rafa is trying to do but i suspect that the panic that is evident is probably because of the promise that was once Gerard Houllier being talked about by some in the same way as Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish. Some fans will find it hard to believe Rafa is the right man even though he has delivered trophies. I seriously consider this as the season that we will keep Chelsea looking over their shoulders but wont be the first to get on the managers back if they do cruise to the prem once again.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:48 pm

Personally I have nothing but trust in the manager!

If anyone can topple Chelsea's cash mountain its Rafa.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:53 pm

i think people are more positive than they have been in a long time mate!

the whole club is moving foward under the management of the best club manger in the world,
at all levels lfc are better set up barring the investment situation which imho is a disgrace that we can't seem to get the stadium issue sorted with out selling our soul.

we are more positive on the pitch than we have been in years, we have a manger that won't have his pants pulled down in the transfere market and has the nous to wait for we players he wants instead of getting players that will just do a job for us

you will never keep all the fans happy out there and there are people who want big name signing and money to be thrown about to buy sucess but they are stupid and short sighted and will be supporting chavski in a year

i would still be hoping for the best if gh was still in charge but knowing deep down that the club was a mess, with rafa at the helm i really think we can become world leaders again in the near future

hopefully it is not because of red coloured glasses as i consisder myself to be a realist when it comes to footy but this season could see us push chavski to the death , i won't say defo for the title as the bar has been rasied so high by money bags down south
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:12 pm

rafa could walk into any any team in the world,  some of the players that have just come in, to name a few  aurelio, gonalez, paletta, bellamy,  great captures with limited funds...

thank you rafa for making liverpool the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE IN 2005, AND WINNING THE FA CUP IN 2006,   THE GOOD TIMES ARE BACK...THANKS TO RAFAEL BENITEZ  :;):   :cool:   :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Fook me Spion started a topic that wasn't some rumour about a player joining.

And no i ain't panicking at all, with one or two more signings in the much highlighted problem positions we are ready for a title challenge. We don't spend massive but we buy players that fit the system and who will play for the team rather than themselves. Things couldn't be improving at any faster of a rate as far as im concerned, our next golden age is right around the corner.  :cool:
Gaunt

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:36 pm

Everything will be fine.

Be ready for one hell of a season from a fully fit Robbie.

Bellamy will be the signing of the season.

There is still at least one major signing to come.

Lastly I dont believe the Chelsea dynasty is built on very strong foundations, get ready to crumble!.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:37 pm

spion wrote:Reading the current crop of postings one thing springs to mind. Panic!
The season hasn't even started & already the voices of paranoia are getting louder. I for one, have not worried about next season. The last two years have been better than the previous four & I include the treble in that statment because in all the years Houllier manned the ship we never progressed as much as Rafa has in since he came aboard.
Unless you have the kings ransom like Chavski revolution takes time. No dissrespect to the kings road fancy dans but I bet it really cant be that sweet winning the league that way, my mate Rich who supports Chavski said it felt an empty season winning it like that & wished they could do it "honestly".  Imagine when we lift that Premier trophy after winning the league without buying it.
Benitez will be a true Kop legend one day & next season is just another year getting to the top of the mountain.

I for one aint panicking and havent read anything on this forum which tells me that anyone else is panicking so which crop of posts are u refering to

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby joko » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 pm

i'm panic because we have just won an FA cup, super and champion
and now it's getting worse as we are without traore
and more panic when aurellio, paletta, gonzales and belamy arriving

god, i'm really panic!
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:16 pm

spion wrote:Reading the current crop of postings one thing springs to mind. Panic!

What's to panic or get paranoid about.  Rafa is doing a very good job and believe me he's here to stay and will bring us countless trophies and the Premiership title a zillion times.

Anyway, anyone that is panicing or getting paranoid about the new season needs a little refreshment.  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Anfield Kop » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:24 pm

In Rafa we trust !  :buttrock
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:19 pm

Spion,

You cannot predict what will happens. Say for example Rafa did not for whatever reason get to the premiership summit, the does that make you look silly?

Chavski, have won two on the trot, and to rub things in have bought Schev and Boll*ck. two top drawer players.

Although I think the head to head games between us will not be much in them, it will be have we got consistency this term for the remainder of the matches?

What chelsea have done is bought quality, and with that comes consistency, and is not to be sniffed at.

I think second place for LFC.

Remember Houllier had the so called 4 year plan to get LFC to the top, but after being sacked he had to plan his way out of the country very fast!

:eyebrow
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby PureLoneWolf » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I have to say that I disagree that buying quality buys consistency.  Buying quality in the terms used generally means to purchase world class individuals.  That doesn't guarantee a good team.  Much as I dislike her, MaureenHo managed to get them playing as a team the past 2 seasons and that helped.  With the new "Big Name" signings this is no longer guaranteed, they will expect to play and this could well be at the expense of the team.

Remember, he has spent big since he got there, but no real "Illustrious" names until this season.  Now they are looking at Carlos.  Smacks to me of a chairman that wants recognition as being a big club that can buy anyone, rather than a manager looking to better the team.  Real Madrid anyone???
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:44 pm

i fail to see the panic either, in Rafa we have one of the best managers in the world, he understands what our great club is all about, we are a family and everybody from the fans to the tea-lady have a part to play, nevermind what chelski do you only play them twice the key is becoming more consistant against the rest.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion