The forward line. - The crack in the wall?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:04 pm

Liverpool are doing the annual clear out & getting rid of the over paid Houllier clutter. Benitez is doing his best to perpare the team for a new season in which we all are yet to see the next step in the Rafalution & looking at the team everything looks to be bedding in nicely. Except the forward line, the problem of last seasons lack of firepower is still to be solved because if you think a Welsh problem child is the answer then think again. Bellamy's injury history reads like a Vietnam film script & Fowler's stamina is about on par with a kitten, Crouchy will work hard but will not be pulling up trees in the goal scoring leagues. So Benitez must be planning another striker signing along with a rightsided player because if we miss out on another forward we might be ruing this summer as much as the Simao saga last season.
spion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Try this button :

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:27 pm

spion wrote:Liverpool are doing the annual clear out & getting rid of the over paid Houllier clutter. Benitez is doing his best to perpare the team for a new season in which we all are yet to see the next step in the Rafalution & looking at the team everything looks to be bedding in nicely. Except the forward line, the problem of last seasons lack of firepower is still to be solved because if you think a Welsh problem child is the answer then think again. Bellamy's injury history reads like a Vietnam film script & Fowler's stamina is about on par with a kitten, Crouchy will work hard but will not be pulling up trees in the goal scoring leagues. So Benitez must be planning another striker signing along with a rightsided player because if we miss out on another forward we might be ruing this summer as much as the Simao saga last season.

just out of interest is that your work spion?, because its well written. just asking.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:28 pm

spion wrote:Liverpool are doing the annual clear out & getting rid of the over paid Houllier clutter. Benitez is doing his best to perpare the team for a new season in which we all are yet to see the next step in the Rafalution & looking at the team everything looks to be bedding in nicely. Except the forward line, the problem of last seasons lack of firepower is still to be solved because if you think a Welsh problem child is the answer then think again. Bellamy's injury history reads like a Vietnam film script & Fowler's stamina is about on par with a kitten, Crouchy will work hard but will not be pulling up trees in the goal scoring leagues. So Benitez must be planning another striker signing along with a rightsided player because if we miss out on another forward we might be ruing this summer as much as the Simao saga last season.

Are you the owner of Kr@ptalk?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:04 pm

i'm not sure about the forward line.

It looks good on paper, fowler, crouch, bellamy. maybe pongy to. I'd still look to try and get one more. someone top notch.
Just because if on of them gets injured, suddenly we look a bit thin on top!

the difference this season is, we'll have Riisse, Aureila (attacking full back), Kewell, Gonzalez, Zenden and Gerrard, and sissoko to supply crosses and the like.

also happy Morientes and Cisse are now out of the picture. It was painful watching those two!
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby mitch22 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Try this button :

:D  :D  :D
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Are you the owner of Kr@ptalk?

:D  :D  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby brenitez » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:08 pm

why are you a........ nevermind. sigh......Try this button :
brenitez

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:49 am

Spion's funny.  Talks shit.  Doesn't take a breath when he types. 

He logs on about once a month, types some out-of-date s*i*e and gets off until the next month. 

Oh, to be like Spion.

What I want to know is what you do for the other thirty days of the month, Spion?

Where do you go?  What do you do?  What do you read?  Where do you come up with your randomness?  Why do you choose to type your s*i*e on Newkit and not RAWK or ThisIsAnfield?  Why bless us with your rubbish?

Answers in this thread please Spion.  You know my feelings about starting new threads with only one paragraph.

NEXT MONTHS EXCLUSIVE FROM SPION:  Why Dalglish REALLY sold Jim Beglin?
jonnymac1979

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:26 am

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:31 am

What an insight from Spion. Blimey...I wouldn't have thought about this on my own until Spion revealed his deep thoughts on the state of our forward line. We're in for a tough season...What is Rafa Benitez doing? :p

Perhaps he should try Leon's suggestion and press that button instead!

What a loon! At least it's nice to have the season around the corner. I was going nuts not knowing what to post in the threads. The World Cup was quite a dull affair, and watching a wretched England stuntted by tactical ineptness was pure hell, even though I'm no Englishman. Seeing Carra and Gerrard mis their penalties was the worst as I fear a big physcological blow especially to Carra. I'm sure Gerrard will overcome any ill effects once he scores a great goal for Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:33 am

With the Italian teams now relegated I reckon Rafa might do some bargaining.........reckon he goes for Tomi from Fiorentina and hope he does not bother with Ibramovich........seeing him play I get the feeling he plays for thje wage packet and not the Club

Oh and as for that guy Spion thats the 1st post ive seen of his...........and well im kinda glad
:laugh:
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 am

"Tomi" of Fiorentina? You mean Luca Toni?

Ibramovich is full of skills but empty on heart. In the home leg of the Juve-Arsenal CL tie, the Turin home crowd booed at him because he pulls out of challenges far too soon and refused to chase and harass opponents in rather difficult circumstances, leaving the opposition without any harassment what so ever. Not th kind of player any of us would want.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:56 am

a good positive post before the season has started!!

slaughtering the front line, crouch bashing and not even giving cb a chance to impress , nice one mate the club would be a darker place if you fell off a cliff

imho i couldn't see i decent striker for the right money out there, and was surprised when we went in for cb, i have hated him in the past for the way he gets in peoples faces

but at 6 mill he is a steal, rafa won't have his pants pulled down over money and it is stopping us being held to ransom by every agent out there, who must speak to each other and know which managers are a soft touch

bellamy now has a chance to impress at a top club, with a top manager behind him, and a squad capable of pushing chavski all the way,

imo I reckon that moro wants out anyway as he dosn't like roman mega bucks buying players for him that he is going to struggle to accommodate in a top heavy club, it is ok putting swp on the bench but try that with ballack and see the fall out, fatty frank on the sidelines without upsetting terry not easy to do, and didi dogg :censored: won't have shevy coming in stealing all his plaudits
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby PureLoneWolf » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 am

My mate is a Blackburn Rovers fan (should that be my mate is THE Blackburn Rovers Fan lol) and he says that Bellamy was by far the best player that they had last season, his only problem is not knowing when to shut up.  If Rafa can curb that side of him, then we have ourselves an unbelievable bargain
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion