Fly on the wall documentary

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Inner workings of Liverpool fC to be revealed in Fox Sports fly on the wall documentary series 

Fans who can't get enough of Liverpool FC or top-level soccer (football) are in for a treat. LFC and Fox Soccer are teaming up to make a six-part documentary series that will expose the inner workings of Liverpool FC. Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone will follow the team from the end of the 2011-12 season through next summer's preseason tour of North America, according to LiverpoolFC.tv. "This is going to be a truly remarkable series for every football fan on earth, watching the inner workings of one of the world's truly great clubs, and seeing things no one outside the inner sanctum has seen or experienced before," FOX Sports Media Group chairman and CEO David Hill said. FOX Soccer will bring its cameras deep into Anfield and the club's training base at Melwood. There, fans will see how Liverpool FC stars like Luis Suarez and Steve Gerrard hone their craft under the watchful eyes of manager Kenny Dalglish. The series will be led by one of the best in the business. Producer Scott Boggins worked on projects at HBO that have won dozens of Emmy awards. These include the "24/7" series, which provided around-the-clock access to major boxing matches and hockey games. "Our goal is to capture the essence of what it means to be a part of Liverpool Football Club in an authentic manner, and no producer has more experience with this style of story-telling than Scott Boggins," FOX Soccer General Manager David Nathanson said. "Scott's body of work is remarkable, giving fans a true peek behind the curtain into the lives of sport's biggest teams, athletes and coaches. Scott has proven his ability to capture these inner workings in a truly organic manner, and now he has the opportunity to tell Liverpool FC's rich story to a global audience." The series will air globally in the fall of 2012.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/inner-workings-of-lfc-to-be-revealed-in-our-liverpool-never-walk-alone-documentary-series.html?rs-img120=0
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm

i think this is a brilliant move by fsg. :buttrock .
it also gives the fans a great insight into how our team and club is being run under their guidance.
gonna be great viewing and i cant wait for it to air :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Well I think it will be very interesting this so looking forward to it.

Whether or not we will be saying the same thing after its aired remains
to be seen. On the one hand its great publicity and money in the bank
but I just hope its just well edited in our favour if there are any bits
that we could do without showing! Surely it will be.

I did wonder how Dalglish would react as in all honesty he could hardly
be described as going on the charm offensive in front of the cameras
let alone with a crew filming him working every day. I get the feeling he may
not be too impressed like but see what transpires.

The whole concept is very anti Liverpool, a big shift from quite an old school
behind closed doors approach by todays standards even now, to this where every
move is recorded.

Only time will tell.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:00 pm wrote:i think this is a brilliant move by fsg. :buttrock .
it also gives the fans a great insight into how our team and club is being run under their guidance.
gonna be great viewing and i cant wait for it to air :nod

I agree mate ,I think it will allow fans of the club to see the real Dalglish ,and not the cantankerous short tempered jock the media portray him as .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:20 pm

parchpea » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm wrote:
move is recorded.

That was my first thought. Seems very anti the Liverpool Way to lay bare the inner workings of the club to all and sundry. A typical yank thing to do, though. I reckon if previous owners had sanctioned such a move there would have beenmurder but seeing as everybody's in a much more positive mood these days, its likely to be accepted by the majority of supporters.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:29 pm

move is recorded.

Only time will tell.

It seems there are a lot of dividing opinions as to what constitutes something "anti Liverpool " ,I would suggest that wanting rid of a club legend
after only a year and a half after securing Europa League football for next season and with the possibility of procuring two cups would fall directly
into being anti Liverpool .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

LFC2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 pm wrote:
move is recorded.

That was my first thought. Seems very anti the Liverpool Way to lay bare the inner workings of the club to all and sundry. A typical yank thing to do, though. I reckon if previous owners had sanctioned such a move there would have beenmurder but seeing as everybody's in a much more positive mood these days, its likely to be accepted by the majority of supporters.

I dout Fenway do anything without motive and Im not just talking money here.

A big part of this is short, sharp, shock, to move the club from its very 80s old school
closed shop where media is feared and loathed, to a modern open football club
looking to attract business and investment and embrace the media driven world
it operates in.

Whilst it nice to hold on to nostalgia in some ways you have to change or die
really and in part I think Fenway have realised we have an issue here and this
film is an attempt to address that in one big hit.

Most interesting of all may be who gets on the bus with them and who jumps
off like, as I would imagine there will have been some resistance to the project
within Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

This is really cool.  As a New York Rangers fan (NHL) I was a bit apprehensive about seeing my team on 24/7 this past December.  In the end, it was fuckln awesome.  Granted this was done by HBO but since they have the same team doing it for FSC, If it's anything like what I've seen in the past, it will be brilliant.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:33 pm

LFC2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 pm wrote:

I think it's a cringeworthy thing to do, but I understand it's all about money, so although I won't be watching it and detest this kind of nonsense, I can understand from a club point of view why they're doing it, it will generate much more revenue which is only a bonus to us.
Boxscarf

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I can understand peoples' reservations but it's a good way to really connect with the fans and make them feel part of the club. Means of making some revenue won't be a bad thing either, though the emphasis on finance is making me a bit wary with regards to the game these days, it's pretty annoying. I'm already anticipating an argument with an Arsenal fan that they earned more than us this year whether or not we win two trophies
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Greavesie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 pm wrote:I can understand peoples' reservations but it's a good way to really connect with the fans and make them feel part of the club. Means of making some revenue won't be a bad thing either, though the emphasis on finance is making me a bit wary with regards to the game these days, it's pretty annoying. I'm already anticipating an argument with an Arsenal fan that they earned more than us this year whether or not we win two trophies

A majority of their revenue comes from shipping out their best players.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm

i remember sunderland doing something similar under peter reid.

at least this way go some way to revealing the real kenny dalglish. there's been this image created of him as being really narky because he doesn't like the press stuff but we all know that the kenny we see talking to the media is not the real man.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm

i think it`s a terrible idea, i remember man city in the early 80`s doing something similar when malcom allison was in charge and although it was interesting viewing it was car crash tv, you had scene`s where big mal (who was under pressure because the results werent great) was saying that swales (the chairman) had promised him that his job was safe and then the next clip would show the board deciding that john bond would be their next manager.
there were scene`s were players were arguing with the manager and in another scene they showed big mal mentioning to reporters in his office that he thought his keeper joe corrigan should have saved a kenny dalglish goal then the Sh*t stirring reporters went straight to joe corrigan and said the manager is blaming you for the defeat etc etc
they even showed big mal saying goodbye to the players at the training ground after he had been sacked.
the program sort of summed up the farce city were at the time.
i cant believe the owners have okayed it, someone should show them the graeme taylor documentary.
it`s obviously going to effect the players as well, instead of just being relaxed behind the scene`s and in training they are going to be thinking am i coming across well here? say dalglish has a go at a senior player after a game, with the camera`s being there maybe the player will feel obliged to have a go back so he doesnt look like a divvy.
this wont end well at all, the liverpool way was to keep things in house because the likes of shankly, paisley and peter robinson knew that things go on behind the scene`s at all football clubs that wouldnt look good to the watching world, players squaring up to each other, players coming to blows, players and managers arguing, managers and coaches arguing, managers and chief execs arguing, people slagging each other off behind their backs....the press will have the same field day with this that they had with taylors documentary.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:i think it`s a terrible idea, i remember man city in the early 80`s doing something similar when malcom allison was in charge and although it was interesting viewing it was car crash tv, you had scene`s where big mal (who was under pressure because the results werent great) was saying that swales (the chairman) had promised him that his job was safe and then the next clip would show the board deciding that john bond would be their next manager.
there were scene`s were players were arguing with the manager and in another scene they showed big mal mentioning to reporters in his office that he thought his keeper joe corrigan should have saved a kenny dalglish goal then the Sh*t stirring reporters went straight to joe corrigan and said the manager is blaming you for the defeat etc etc
they even showed big mal saying goodbye to the players at the training ground after he had been sacked.
i cant believe the owners have okayed it, someone should show them the graeme taylor documentary.
it`s obviously going to effect the players as well, instead of just being relaxed behind the scene`s and in training they are going to be thinking am i coming across well here? say dalglish has a go at a senior player after a game, with the camera`s being there maybe the player will feel obliged to have a go back so he doesnt look like a divvy.
this wont end well at all, the liverpool way was to keep things in house because the likes of shankly, paisley and peter robinson knew that things go on behind the scene`s at all football clubs that wouldnt look good to the watching world, players squaring up to each other, players coming to blows, players and managers arguing, managers and coaches arguing, managers and chief execs arguing, people slagging each other off behind their backs....the press will have the same field day with this that they had with taylors documentary.

i can see your concerns and although i never seen that docu you mention i do think times have changed.
i doubt fsg will want us to be seen in a negative light and will pull out the stops to make sure it runs smothly.the players nowadays are well used to the media and will be comfortable in the spotlight and act professionally.
besides its only a preseason tour and they will be aware that they are being watched so i expect them to behave themselves and work hard to shed the negative image of us that is already being portrayed by the media.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:16 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:i think it`s a terrible idea, i remember man city in the early 80`s doing something similar when malcom allison was in charge and although it was interesting viewing it was car crash tv, you had scene`s where big mal (who was under pressure because the results werent great) was saying that swales (the chairman) had promised him that his job was safe and then the next clip would show the board deciding that john bond would be their next manager.

i can see your concerns and although i never seen that docu you mention i do think times have changed.
i doubt fsg will want us to be seen in a negative light and will pull out the stops to make sure it runs smothly.the players nowadays are well used to the media and will be comfortable in the spotlight and act professionally.
besides its only a preseason tour and they will be aware that they are being watched so i expect them to behave themselves and work hard to shed the negative image of us that is already being portrayed by the media.

oh, i didnt realise it was just for the pre season tour, i thought it was for the whole season!
i had visions of things not going well on the pitch next season and kenny being humiliated in a documentary.
meh, it`s allright then, as you say it`ll be a choreographed pr exercise, they`ll probably even engineer one or two arguments to make it watchable!
imagine having a documentary at the end of the 74 season though, when the club had to tell shankly to stop coming to the training ground, who`d want to see a great man like that who had given his professional life to this club humiliated in front of the watching world?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion