Fly on the wall documentary

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Kenny Kan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm wrote:Perhaps it's just me but I find Rodgers' team talks quite placid in terms of firing his players up. I'd be aggressive, tell the players that they are up against are s.hit and really get red faced in the changing room to fire them up.  :D

I imagine what he says is for show.  I'm not sure they'd want to put what he actually says on the tv, or maybe Rogers doesn't want his team talks public.  I mean I know when I give my team talks I wouldn't want the other team knowing what I was saying, or even teams we'd be playing later as it gives a bit of insight to your tactics. 

But I was thinking the same thing.  There just really hasn't been a lot of content in any of those team talks.  Pretty standard stuff.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 pm wrote:Gunna watch last fridays episode now

I have to say chaps its not very interesting or very good
I dont know how it looks to outsiders but to dyed in the wool, seasoned reds its quite twee and uninspiring
:sleepy:

I've actually thought they have been really interesting.  Maybe because I'm from across the pond and I don't see or know what goes on inside clubs as much as some of you, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far, as has my newcastle fan brother.  I like the personal side of the players and staff it shows.  Seeing them off the pitch is really interesting to me.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 am

its ok but if you are a uk fan you feel a bit patronised, we know what the players homes look like, we know the history of the club so its a bit hard to make everyone here happy with a show like this.

I do like the bits when you se rodgers talking to players during warm ups and things like that.

how many are there? is it going to be for the whole season?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am

lakes10 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:43 am wrote:its ok but if you are a uk fan you feel a bit patronised, we know what the players homes look like, we know the history of the club so its a bit hard to make everyone here happy with a show like this.

I do like the bits when you se rodgers talking to players during warm ups and things like that.

Until we win the league!
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:36 am

The sooner this nonsense finishes the better. It's appalling.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:26 pm

lakes10 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 am wrote:its ok but if you are a uk fan you feel a bit patronised, we know what the players homes look like, we know the history of the club so its a bit hard to make everyone here happy with a show like this.

fook no.
a total of 6 episodes i think
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 pm

lakes10 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 am wrote:its ok but if you are a uk fan you feel a bit patronised, we know what the players homes look like, we know the history of the club so its a bit hard to make everyone here happy with a show like this.

As a UK fan you should know the answer to that question  :rasp

6 episodes
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Hustler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 am

To be honest im getting a bit sick of rodgers silly talks in the dressing room, and elsewhere on the program, as if he was god or shanks mark 2.

He has not achieved didley squat yet in football, and it is driving me nuts
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 am

The Hustler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 am wrote:To be honest im getting a bit sick of rodgers silly talks in the dressing room, and elsewhere on the program, as if he was god or shanks mark 2.

You're criticism of Rodgers is becoming tiresome, almost every player has spoken positively about life under Rodgers. I'm glad you said 'yet' though, as if to suggest you're willing to give him a chance to achieve 'something'

Remember what you're watching is an Americanised documentary, take some of it with a pinch of salt.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 am

The Hustler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 am wrote:To be honest im getting a bit sick of rodgers silly talks in the dressing room, and elsewhere on the program, as if he was god or shanks mark 2.

at least he does them himself....not like some other managers i can think of.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 am

Greavesie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 am wrote:

You're criticism of Rodgers is becoming tiresome, almost every player has spoken positively about life under Rodgers. I'm glad you said 'yet' though, as if to suggest you're willing to give him a chance to achieve 'something'

Remember what you're watching is an Americanised documentary, take some of it with a pinch of salt.

he's a manc
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 am

the whole thing had a strange feeling about it, a few weeks ago when monday night football on the bbc spoke about it one of them on the show said "take it from me, this is only for the americans, i was talking to Rodgers the other day about it and he said it was hard to do team talks that the americans would be able to understand" i have also been told that 3 team talk where filmed after the games where over and one was not even filmed on the same day as Rodgers kicked the film lot out of the room during the halftime of the first prem game.

oh well that the tv world for you!
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

I really enjoyed it.

Don't take too much from it though, almost certainly the team talks that were shown were not the whole story. For a start they were too short, I suspect they asked him to summarise for the cameras but within the 15 mins he would have delivered a longer team talk.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 am wrote:I really enjoyed it.

Don't take too much from it though, almost certainly the team talks that were shown were not the whole story. For a start they were too short, I suspect they asked him to summarise for the cameras but within the 15 mins he would have delivered a longer team talk.

SHORT!!??
I would have fell asleep half way through them.
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 pm

lakes10 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am wrote:the whole thing had a strange feeling about it, a few weeks ago when monday night football on the bbc spoke about it one of them on the show said "take it from me, this is only for the americans, i was talking to Rodgers the other day about it and he said it was hard to do team talks that the americans would be able to understand" i have also been told that 3 team talk where filmed after the games where over and one was not even filmed on the same day as Rodgers kicked the film lot out of the room during the halftime of the first prem game.

oh well that the tv world for you!

Yeah. I was on Changing Rooms once, and the programme didn't show half of what we did. And half of the "off the cuff" stuff that was on the programme was stage managed and usually filmed in more than one take.

Take it with a large pinch of salt is my advice.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion