Reds confirm aurelio capture

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 am

Well, from the sound of things we won't lose any free kick threat from the left if Aurelio's on the pitch instead of Riise.  Yes indeed, things are hotting up!  Roll on Sheffield United! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby corsocomo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:50 am

We'll steamroll Sheffield Utd!!! Can't stand that homo c.unt Neil Warnock!!! :angry:
corsocomo

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:56 am

ENGLAND TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:34 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Anfield Kop wrote:Great signing in Aurelio which will probably lead to the end of a fabulous liverpool career for our friend Traore :D

... The CHampions' League, double FA CUp, UEFA Cup and double League Cup winner.

:Oo:  :D

Alan Shearer amongst others, must feel like crying when they see what Traore has won with Liverpool.

:D :D  :D

Regarding Rafa's comments on Fabio Aurelio, i'm not too sure Xabi would be very happy to hear about it.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:04 am

the rafa revolution moves on, with another astute signing, aurelio has the quality to really improve our left side , which has to be said has being our weakness . but two master strokes this week has solved our problem, i don,t know who,s coming next , it could be me if rafa gets any more of his targets. :p :p :p
fritzylfc

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:29 am

Anfield Kop wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Anfield Kop wrote:Great signing in Aurelio which will probably lead to the end of a fabulous liverpool career for our friend Traore :D

... The CHampions' League, double FA CUp, UEFA Cup and double League Cup winner.

Alan Shearer amongst others, must feel like crying when they see what Traore has won with Liverpool.

Regarding Rafa's comments on Fabio Aurelio, i'm not too sure Xabi would be very happy to hear about it.

Yeah i was also thinking that. But the title of the article took it slightly out of context.

Rafa wasnt making a statement saying that "Hes better than Xavi !" Full stop

He said that "He is a great passer of the ball perhaps even better than Xavi".

Whilst this may be percieved as insulting in a small way to Alonso, the truth is that it is a compliment to Aurelio to be associated with a player of Alonsos quality and ability in that position.

In saying that Rafa was also re iterating what a good player Xavi is as there are not many passers of the ball in our league that can match his ability.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Anfield Kop wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Yeah i was also thinking that. But the title of the article took it slightly out of context.

Whilst this may be percieved as insulting in a small way to Alonso, the truth is that it is a compliment to Aurelio to be associated with a player of Alonsos quality and ability in that position.

In saying that Rafa was also re iterating what a good player Xavi is as there are not many passers of the ball in our league that can match his ability.

Not to be pendantic mate (okay, maybe a little) but...

Xavi = Barca midfielder and Spanish International
Xabi Alonso = LFC midfielder and Spanish International

One small letter separates two different players who have a fair amount in common.  Just remember, it's Xabi with a 'b' as in brilliant when discussing Alonso!  :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Anfield Kop wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Not to be pendantic mate (okay, maybe a little) but...

Xavi = Barca midfielder and Spanish International
Xabi Alonso = LFC midfielder and Spanish International

One small letter separates two different players who have a fair amount in common.  Just remember, it's Xabi with a 'b' as in brilliant when discussing Alonso!  :)

Yes your right bob sorry I should have known better. :D

But the point I was making still stands.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:59 pm

Yeah Bav, he's been here how long and you still don't know his name?  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:16 pm

stoney wrote:Yeah Bav, he's been here how long and you still don't know his name?  :D

I blame football mnager ! I dont play it anymore but when i used to Alonsos name was spelled wrong. Evert since then I tend to cal him Xavi sometimes.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:14 pm

lakes10 wrote:can anyone tell me why if Fabio Aurelio is so good he was not given a new contract at Valencia??? do they feel he was not as good as he once was???

its great to get players for free but it also makes you think.

I think different managers see things differently. IF henry is that good, why would juv sold him? Same goes for players like Viera, Roy... etc.. these players were sold cheaply but look at where they stand now?

It takes a real genius to see the hidden potential of a player. And Rafa certainly is different from the other managers.
marcus.c

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:44 am

from shanklygates

New Players Guide: Fabio Aurelio
written by James Watts on 11/07/2006
A 27-year-old Brazilian left back in his prime, a 'player with a lot of quality' according to Rafa, and best of all, he didn't cost a penny.

Fabio started his career with Sao Paulo, the team which later was responsible for our heartbreaking loss in Japan, and after a successful start to his career there, he jumped on the Benitez bandwagon, and was part of the side that Rafa gloriously led to their first La Liga title in over 30 years. He was an integral part to Rafa's side, scoring 11 goals from 88 appearances, and playing on both the left wing and in the defence. Aurelio didn't play a large part in the double season of 03-04 due to a broken leg.

After two further years at Valencia where the glory was never recaptured, Aurelio wanted to move on, and when Rafa declared his interest, he said "It is a sporting decision why I have decided my future and I have greater possibilities to grow as a player."

Aurelio, who clearly holds a good relationship and rapport with manager Benitez, said "He trusted me and he continues to trust me and that is what I value more" of him.

This free transfer, agreed on the 5th July, may mean the exit for players such as Traore and Warnock, and with Kewell's injury, he could get a headstart into the Liverpool squad, and will surely be part of a new-look, new-improved left side of the Liverpool squad.

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:18 pm

having read the interview quoted by the official site, i believe this player is an intelectual player and defo soon becoming one of the best buys this season

fingers crossed

:buttrock
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:09 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:having read the interview quoted by the official site, i believe this player is an intelectual player and defo soon becoming one of the best buys this season

fingers crossed

:buttrock

Yeo i read that too, he seems to have a good head on him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion