Liverpool getting shan wright phillps

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby robin08 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:56 pm

I heard that rumour too, Ian Wright and Alan Hansen were hinting lots about the possible transfer of Shaun Wright-Philips to us on the coverage for the F.A cup final. It got me really excited but i havent heard anything since.
robin08

Postby Dundalk » Sat May 27, 2006 2:30 am

Ace Ventura wrote:SWP would score more goals imo than Duff.

Behave yourself, Duff would score plenty of goals if Maureen would let him loose
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat May 27, 2006 10:58 am

Dundalk wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:SWP would score more goals imo than Duff.

Behave yourself, Duff would score plenty of goals if Maureen would let him loose

That wasnt what i said, i am sure that Duff is capable of scoring goals but i am confident that SWP would score more goals than Duff.
To be fair they are similar type of players, not blessed with loads of skill but really pacey and direct.
But we are in need of a right sided player so for that reason alone i would take Wright-Phillips...not that i believe they would sell to us anyway.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat May 27, 2006 12:45 pm

robin08 wrote:I heard that rumour too, Ian Wright and Alan Hansen were hinting lots about the possible transfer of Shaun Wright-Philips to us on the coverage for the F.A cup final. It got me really excited but i havent heard anything since.

Does anyone know what Ian Wright & Alan Hansen actually said?  By thew way this topic is totally B******s, pure speculation.
Red Indian

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 27, 2006 1:11 pm

Shaun Wright-Philips is a decent Premiership player, but he is not top quality, he cannot play in advanced tactical systems, not really a league winning player or international quality. Wenger said that Chelsea paid double what he is worth, I would roughly agree with that and say that the maximum anyone should pay for him is 9/10 Mil. I think out of all the teams, the best move would have been Arsenal, and not because of his dad, its because Arsenal don’t play in a tactical way, Wenger doesn’t put to many restrictions on his players or put a lot of emphasis on tactics, he would have suited that style of play, but I don’t think he is suited to Chelsea or Liverpool.

He is obviously unhappy at Chelsea, he isn’t playing much football and it has cost him his World Cup spot. I think he may give it one more season there, Jose Mourinho will be reluctant to sell him because his player turn over seems to be going through the roof this summer, but if SWP insists then he may let him go. But then there is the issue of the fee, would Chelsea be willing to take half of what they paid for him? Or would any club be willing to pay 15+ for him? I doubt in both cases. I think he will stay for one more season, but I don’t think he is well suited to us anyway.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill