Solomon kalou joins chelsea

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 27, 2006 11:50 am

Oh well another one bites the dust, Feyenoord forward has joined Chelsea this is more worrying than Svevchenco, lets hope they dont require the services of his partner Dirk Kuyt  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat May 27, 2006 12:34 pm

Didn't hear about this one.  What's the source Ciggy.  Although i have been in bed ill for the last couple of days.
Red Indian

Postby stmichael » Sat May 27, 2006 12:51 pm

He plays right midfield for Feyenoord. The Dutch have been trying to get him citizenship so he can play right midfield in the World Cup, but have failed to get the permit in time. Kuyt is having to play out of position on the right hand side as they don't have anyone else for that role. Chelsea have been linked with him for months now, bad news for Joe Cole if true as he is usually picked for the right of midfield.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 27, 2006 12:58 pm

It says on Sky Sports news that there has been contact and a deal is possible.

In all honesty I have never seen him play, but I would think him staying on loan there for a season is a possibility, he could continue getting first team football and get his Dutch passport.

If he goes to Chelsea than he wont be first team as Shevchenko looks set to sign, unless Chelsea are looking to change to 2 upfront.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 27, 2006 1:00 pm

stmichael wrote:He plays right midfield for Feyenoord. The Dutch have been trying to get him citizenship so he can play right midfield in the World Cup, but have failed to get the permit in time. Kuyt is having to play out of position on the right hand side as they don't have anyone else for that role. Chelsea have been linked with him for months now, bad news for Joe Cole if true as he is usually picked for the right of midfield.

Don’t Holland have Wesley Snijder and Romeo Castelen who play on the right?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion