The next big academy product? - Who will be the next scouser at lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:32 am

What is Neil Mellor's background? Is he from the academy?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:36 am

Potter is supposed to be good. Even SG himself has said that he has a good future
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:50 pm

There is a kid at the Academy now, Connor Randles, he's about 11 , and there are a few of us here got money on him to be capped by England before he's 21.
A local kid who's two footed and a natural controller of the game. seen him in "under 14" games where he's ruled the match. He's a red his dad's a red the whole family are reds, with their feet on the ground.

The best prospect I've ever seen.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:56 pm

I think Mellor was released by Man City of Sheff. Utd.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:58 pm

Mannix seems to be the most gifted out of the youngsters, but was injured for ages. If he can get going in full swing, he'll be playing for us regularly.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:37 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think Mellor was released by Man City of Sheff. Utd.

No mellor is home grown but he was born in Sheffield and he supported man city as a kid.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:47 pm

LiverpoolUSA wrote:LFC.tv lists the new youth players joining the squad at Melwood this summer:

Danny O'Donnell, centre-half. Scouser

Are u sh!ttin me, we really have someone called Daniel O'Donnell, ohh that is superb....Cant believe its only me and JBG who have picked up on that!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:10 pm

Its not often talent like Gerrard Owen or Carragher come around, but people shouldnt expect players who come in to the team to perform like seasoned pro's.
Gerrard always looked a good prospect when he was breaking through...but it still took time.
Out of the current crop it looks like Warnock would have the best chance, he always gives 100 % and gets better with every game.
I like the look of Welsh but playing centre mid..cant see him getting the chance to stake a claim.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 pm

[quote="Ciggy"]The next superstar to rise out of Liverpool is this kid called Adam Pepper he's only 13 though and he's a blue nose, so we will have to wait another 5 years for him to break thru the ranks :(  They only come round once a decade Im afraid.
But after todays palava Im not to sure about boyhood players any more.

It looks like weve stolen another young blue nose :nod  the newest Rooney, even though him and his dar are bitter blues his dad knows he will be very successful with us.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The next superstar to rise out of Liverpool is this kid called Adam Pepper he's only 13 though and he's a blue nose, so we will have to wait another 5 years for him to break thru the ranks :(  They only come round once a decade Im afraid.
But after todays palava Im not to sure about boyhood players any more.

It looks like weve stolen another young blue nose :nod  the newest Rooney, even though him and his dar are bitter blues his dad knows he will be very successful with us.

Really? That would be great if he has a very good prospect. I would like more information on this young lad ciggy, if you have any i would like to know.

We are stealing alot of bluenoses these days and turning them into reds  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 18, 2006 1:00 pm

Last edited by Ciggy on Thu May 18, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 18, 2006 1:39 pm

Watch out for Owen Wheeler, he's only 7 and he's a goal keeper, he's Steve McMahon's nephew.................................................... AND MY COUSIN :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 18, 2006 1:56 pm

I watched the first leg of the youth cup final but missed the second leg. Despite all the rave reviews I don’t think anyone is ready to take the step up from boys football to men’s football.

Paul Anderson got all the praise and was indeed impressive, but I could easily see him getting bullied in men’s football. I think we should sign one right sided midfielder and keep just a little space for him behind the new right winger, Gerrard, Kromkamp and Garcia. I think he should continue playing in the reserves next year and if he continues to play well and we have a similar end to the season then he could make some sub appearances in the final games.

Godwin Antwi was another who got a lot of praise. He is physically more advanced than the rest and finds it easy to dominate in boys football. But his positional play and use of the ball is way below standard at the moment, he is still a few years away from being in the first team squad. Hobbs was O.K, didn’t really shine but it was only 1 game.

The player I was most impressed by was Paul Barratt. Someone mentioned him to me last year and I even mentioned him on this forum once or twice. I was really impressed by him and thought he was excellent, he is a very good dribbler, 2 footed, good passer and seems to have a good footballing brain, I think he was the most advanced ‘footballer’ on show in the first leg. The biggest worry with him is that he is short and thin, I really hope he develops physically over the next few years, if he does I’m sure he will get a chance with the first team squad. In my opinion, if he had the same height and body structure as Anderson he would be closer to the first team squad than Anderson.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 18, 2006 2:28 pm

I liked Charlie Barnett, the lad looked a good old fashioned right winger :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion