The next big academy product? - Who will be the next scouser at lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:41 pm

All we've left is Carragher in terms of scousers on the top eleven. Though this year it seems it will stay that way, who from the academy looks to be the next big thing, or at least starter, on Anfield?

Might it be Raven or Potter or Welsh, who could one day take over Stevie's midfield spot? Or one of the kids still at the academy?
LiverpoolUSA

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:38 pm

I think it will be john welsh he really impressed me in the carling cup.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:40 pm

Steven Gerrard, he impressed me when he came on against Forest and i think he could replace Jamie Redknapp.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:41 pm

???
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:29 pm

stephen warnock or john welsh
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:06 pm

i am afraid we dont hav any one the caliber of gerrard, owen, fowler or carragher.

Very dissapointin to think about it because the main source of out gloury days had been good britesh homegrown talent.

The spainsh signings keep cummin yet we are yet to c a english player that can play in the first team.

i guess after producin so many good players it jus slows down when we need them most.

i cant honestly see anyone that we could get to do half the jobs stevie did.

Sad day in the world of not jus liverpool but the world of football as agents continue to ruin the game.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:08 pm

Alonso14 wrote:i am afraid we dont hav any one the caliber of gerrard, owen, fowler or carragher.

Very dissapointin to think about it because the main source of out gloury days had been good britesh homegrown talent.

The spainsh signings keep cummin yet we are yet to c a english player that can play in the first team.

i guess after producin so many good players it jus slows down when we need them most.

Sad day in the world of not jus liverpool but the world of football as agents continue to ruin the game.

that is true , the way it is being run right now i might be a long time before we get anyone that good.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 pm

i'd go for Welsh
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:19 pm

i am afraid we dont hav any one the caliber of gerrard, owen, fowler or carragher.

i don't agree.  Rafa has played more young English players in the last yr than Houllier did in 5!

under Rafa we have seen Warnock, Welsh, Potter, Raven +4-5 others get 1st team football.  Ok, Rafa has released a few this summer, but i think we will see more youth players braking into the 1st 11 and becoming better with our foriegn imports.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:09 pm

LFC.tv lists the new youth players joining the squad at Melwood this summer:

David Mannix, who looks like he could be the best of the bunch. A scouser

Danny Guthrie, a midfielder that is an England youth international.

James Smith, defender.

Lee Peltier, defender, winger and center mid. A scouser.

Danny O'Donnell, centre-half. Scouser

Ryan Wilkie, right winger, Scottish

Paul Willis, goalkeeper from N. Ireland
LiverpoolUSA

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:13 pm

its sad but none of them look like becoming the next stars, we have had carra, ge***rd and owen but none of the young players look like turning into quality like they have done
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:27 pm

The next superstar to rise out of Liverpool is this kid called Adam Pepper he's only 13 though and he's a blue nose, so we will have to wait another 5 years for him to break thru the ranks :(  They only come round once a decade Im afraid.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:52 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The next superstar to rise out of Liverpool is this kid called Adam he's only 11 though and he's a blue nose, so we will have to wait another 5 years for him to break thru the ranks :(  They only come round once a decade Im afraid.
But after todays palava Im not to sure about boyhood players any more.
I feel like I lost a member of my family today, probably because Liverpool F.C. feels like my family.

chin up, i`ll guarentee you`ll be saying stevie who by christmas.
everyone was gutted when we lost keegan and we then got kenny who looked good for celtic but no world beater. when souness went we ended up with molby and mcmahon, when rushie went we ended up with aldo, john barnes and peter beardsley, when aldo and rushie went we unearthed fowler, when barnes went we found mcmanaman, when mcmanaman went we found gerrard and when fowler moved we already had found owen. that list goes right back in a linear fashion through the hunts, st johns, peter thompsons, callaghans and liddell`s to the times when the liverpool players used to get changed in the sandon pub. there`s always someone else who picks up the flag and marches on. the next one is on his way.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 pm

LiverpoolUSA wrote:Danny O'Donnell, centre-half. Scouser

Also famous for being a soft County Donegal country singer adored by grannies across the UK and Ireland!  :D  :D  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:57 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The next superstar to rise out of Liverpool is this kid called Adam he's only 11 though and he's a blue nose, so we will have to wait another 5 years for him to break thru the ranks :(  They only come round once a decade Im afraid.
But after todays palava Im not to sure about boyhood players any more.
I feel like I lost a member of my family today, probably because Liverpool F.C. feels like my family.

chin up, i`ll guarentee you`ll be saying stevie who by christmas.
everyone was gutted when we lost keegan and we then got kenny who looked good for celtic but no world beater. when souness went we ended up with molby and mcmahon, when rushie went we ended up with aldo, john barnes and peter beardsley, when aldo and rushie went we unearthed fowler, when barnes went we found mcmanaman, when mcmanaman went we found gerrard and when fowler moved we already had found owen. that list goes right back in a linear fashion through the hunts, st johns, peter thompsons, callaghans and liddell`s to the times when the liverpool players used to get changed in the sandon pub. there`s always someone else who picks up the flag and marches on. the next one is on his way.

:)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion