Cisse at camp nou - Guest of eto

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon May 08, 2006 9:35 am

i would be gutted to see him leave , i think he's starting to score often now and IMO morientes should be the one out since he has been playing striker most of the time, imagine him as a right winger, can he do the same as Cisse?
onizukaeikichi

Postby -Rafa- » Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 am

If Cisse does go to Barca, lets hope that Barca fork out the cash for Cisse or do a swamp for Guily :cool:
-Rafa-

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon May 08, 2006 7:19 pm

-Rafa- wrote:If Cisse does go to Barca, lets hope that Barca fork out the cash for Cisse or do a swamp for Guily :cool:

Im not quite sure but Guily is CM right? if so do we need more CM at liverpool? what we need is a prolific Striker and a awesome RM.

As for Cisse he has sort of come good towards end of season but we need some one whois consistant through out the whole season and for me Cisse should be sold at a lost or part deal for someone.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 08, 2006 7:35 pm

Red wrote:
-Rafa- wrote:If Cisse does go to Barca, lets hope that Barca fork out the cash for Cisse or do a swamp for Guily :cool:

Im not quite sure but Guily is CM right? if so do we need more CM at liverpool? what we need is a prolific Striker and a awesome RM.

As for Cisse he has sort of come good towards end of season but we need some one whois consistant through out the whole season and for me Cisse should be sold at a lost or part deal for someone.

Giuly plays mostly on the right of midfield or 'in the hole' almost as a second striker so he would be worth a look for us.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 08, 2006 7:54 pm

That's correct he's a right winger, he's a bit like Luis Garcia, but more a natural wing man than Luis. While the latter would be better to play on the hole, the former would be better for our right wing.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon May 08, 2006 9:04 pm

Giuly is not your traditional type of winger (So I've heard, haven't seen enough of him to comment on exactly how he plays) as he doesn't hug the touchline. He likes to cut inside i.e. Garcia, but he's ten times the player Garcia is and ever will be.

If we manage to pull this off and then I will be quite shocked. He has been offered a one year deal by Barca two days ago.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon May 08, 2006 9:46 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:Giuly is not your traditional type of winger (So I've heard, haven't seen enough of him to comment on exactly how he plays) as he doesn't hug the touchline. He likes to cut inside i.e. Garcia, but he's ten times the player Garcia is and ever will be.

If we manage to pull this off and then I will be quite shocked. He has been offered a one year deal by Barca two days ago.

Giuly is ok but he ain't that much better than Garcia.. he is also getting old.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon May 08, 2006 10:09 pm

Kukilon wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:Giuly is not your traditional type of winger (So I've heard, haven't seen enough of him to comment on exactly how he plays) as he doesn't hug the touchline. He likes to cut inside i.e. Garcia, but he's ten times the player Garcia is and ever will be.

Giuly is more than an ''ok'' player and he's much better than Garcia. First of all he puts in more consistant performances. He's technicaly better from Luis and he has the ability to score important and magical goals like Luis does.

He's the reason why Luis left Barcelona. Once he arrived, Garcia lost his place to Giuly.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 08, 2006 10:24 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:
Kukilon wrote:

Giuly is more than an ''ok'' player and he's much better than Garcia. First of all he puts in more consistant performances. He's technicaly better from Luis and he has the ability to score important and magical goals like Luis does.

He's the reason why Luis left Barcelona. Once he arrived, Garcia lost his place to Giuly.

With all due respect AB you said you havent seen much of Guily ,so how can you say he's much better than Garcia. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying Guily is :censored: , but in my opinion i'd rather have Garcia. I personally think we can put up with Garcia's faults for what he brings to the team.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

When we do need to replace Luis i would seriously consider Yossi Benayoun from West Ham, a terrific talent and the sort of player who would fill the gap Luis would leave us with in a year or 2 no problem.

And i would like Cisse to go because the lad simply does nothing against good teams, i am repeating my self here but all his goals are Penaltys or goals against sh!te teams, for the money we paid he doesnt do enough.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue May 09, 2006 2:12 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:
Kukilon wrote:

With all due respect AB you said you havent seen much of Guily ,so how can you say he's much better than Garcia. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying Guily is :censored: , but in my opinion i'd rather have Garcia. I personally think we can put up with Garcia's faults for what he brings to the team.

I've seen him in three or four games, and despite the fact that may not be nearly enough compared to how many times I've seen Garcia play, Giuly is a superior player.

There's no comparison. We can afford to Garcia in the squad, but not week in and week out in the starting 11. He's been comming from the bench in most games this season for a reason. He is a match winner but to win the league you need a consistant quality player as well.

Giuly is that. He was fantastic for Monaco and has done the same thing at Barca. From the little amount of games I've seen him play, he's a better player than Garcia. First of all he doesn't lose possession. He's a better dribbler and crosser.

The only reason Giuly is out of favor at Barca is because of a kid phenom called Messi. He's 29 years old and has at least 3 years more in him.

Garcia is an impact player, a supersub if you will. Giuly is a consistant class player from what I've seen.

Sabre, since you do watch La Liga more than anyone else, what do you think?

When we do need to replace Luis i would seriously consider Yossi Benayoun from West Ham, a terrific talent and the sort of player who would fill the gap Luis would leave us with in a year or 2 no problem

Two different types of players. Benayoun isn't the type of player that will come off the bench and score an important goal. He's more consistant than Garcia but he's more of a playmaker where as Garcia is an impact player.

He's Premiership class, but I think people are getting carried away with him a bit.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:43 am

Agree AB, I follow Barca's progress quite closely, so I've seen most of their CL games and the oodd league game this season, Giuly is definitely a better player than Garcia.

I'm not saying Garcia is poor, its just that Giuly is a top class player.As well as being a btter crosser and dribbler, he has more pace, better touch and distribution as well as being more consistent than Luis.

I like Garcia, don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't get a look in at Barca these days.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 09, 2006 12:46 pm

SSN reports that Cisse has said hes not going anywhere. Wether this is just a ploy to ensure he is picked for the WC recmains to be seen. But after scoring 18 this season i wouldnt mind that much is he stayed. Perhaps playing in the WC will help his conifidence and he could improve a few areas of his game next season. He said at the start of the season he would score 20 and he scored 18 so thats not a bad return. Im not so much dissapointed with him that i am with Morientes.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Cisse was at Barca's training ground? Must have been gutted when he saw the 'players only' sign...
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion