Cisse at camp nou - Guest of eto

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm

This report is top the the newsnow/football site. Other reports claim that barca are still interested in the speedy frenchman. Anyhoo this is music to the ears of us Cisse haters.

2nd May 2006: Liverpool´s Djibril Cissé at training of FC Barcelona

Yesterday, a very famous face was spotted at FC Barcelona´s team training at La Masia: Djibril Cissé of Premiership Club Liverpool FC

Many rumours are going around about the future of the French international Cissé. Is he staying at Liverpool or will he join another Club in Europe?

Yesterday´s visit at the training session of FC Barcelona was purely private. The Liverpool attacker Cissé followed an invitation of his friend, Barca´s top scorer Samuel Eto'o, to Barcelona on his day off.

He looked very relaxed and FC Barcelona Blog is sure he enjoyed his trip to Barcelona. But in return, was he able to give Frank Rijkaard and his Barca team the important tips how to win the Champions League? We hope so!
spion

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:24 pm

guily swap anyone? nice story if true but from the context it sounds like he was just going on teh jolly up to have a laugh.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Wed May 03, 2006 5:51 pm

sounds too good to be true. and the news onl reported that he was there for his mate invitation; eto'o, nothing in news saying he's there for trial purpose and all that. but nothing to lose in crossing your fingers.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed May 03, 2006 6:25 pm

Etoo was in Barcelona for the same reason Raul was once in Anfield, to be with a mate. I wouldn't look any further on this story. Unfortunately.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:15 pm

This report is top the the newsnow/football site. Other reports claim that barca are still interested in the speedy frenchman. Anyhoo this is music to the ears of us Cisse haters.
[

:D
72-1146193975

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:20 pm

spion wrote:This report is top the the newsnow/football site. Other reports claim that barca are still interested in the speedy frenchman. Anyhoo this is music to the ears of us Cisse haters.

Speak for yourself

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed May 03, 2006 7:38 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
spion wrote:This report is top the the newsnow/football site. Other reports claim that barca are still interested in the speedy frenchman. Anyhoo this is music to the ears of us Cisse haters.

Speak for yourself

I was thinking the same.

Cisse haters??
He's not the best in the world, but we can't complain when he's bagged us 17 goals this season - and he's been in and out of the side, not to mention out on the wing.

It does look like Cisse will be off  in the summer though, and if Barca are interested, then we should get a decent price.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:guily swap anyone? nice story if true but from the context it sounds like he was just going on teh jolly up to have a laugh.

Forget Giuly how about Eto'o?     :laugh:

I seriously doubt that there is anything more to this than what we know. Who wouldn't fancy a day trip over to Barcelona to see the BArcelona team train with some of the players they've got.

Cisse's presence over there to see eto'o does explain why eto'o can't currently hit the back of the net - he's obviously been taking tips from djib  :sniffle  . Hopefully that'll chanbge tonight.

AS for Cisse haters i think that is a very small group. Okay he's not set the league on fire this season and he is very frustrating but i think a lot of the fans still have a soft spot for him after the way he fought back so quickly from his broken leg last year to play a part in Istanbul.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed May 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Hotsauce wrote:
[

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a prime example why Newkit is turning shite.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed May 03, 2006 8:36 pm

I don;t think Barca would touch him to be honest, isnt there anothe Frenchstriker theyre after ? :D 

They were meant to be interested when we first signed him and there was speculation Rafa didnt want him (who woulda thought that?), but cant see it happening now.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed May 03, 2006 10:20 pm

yeah doubt theres anything in it unfortunately. Still hes probably going to be departing in the summer anyway, hopefully we get a good deal for him, i dont hate the guy but hes just been terrible, needs to go so we can bring in some quality good enough to bring in the title next season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Wed May 03, 2006 10:22 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
Hotsauce wrote:
[

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a prime example why Newkit is turning shite.

agreed..

and also sh.ite posts like this...  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby XSD » Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 am

The only clubs who will give us something for Cisse that is even close to what we paid (well not close but not a total rip off) are all in France. Why would Barcelona possibly chase him..
It's not that I don't rate the guy, he is a goalscorer and has been very unfortunate not to have started more games at centre-forward as he has scored goals when he has. He's not a complete player though, not a 14m player. It would be mutually beneficial for the club and the player if he returns to France.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Thu May 04, 2006 6:30 am

seems like everybody starts to forget that cisse has for so long been put aside from his genuine position since almost a year back. I would say then it wouldnt be very fair if in terms of goal comparison you mention him in the same breath with the other strikers, in fact, never mind hes currently are in the two tops with other midworkers on the scorers list with total 8 goals.
Cisses convertion to a winger has added some more suffer to the the strikers brigade and left them alone with this sticky tag of being infertile. Gerrard and him alone, as mid representatives, have now scored 18 in EPL and has left the strikers, particularly crouch and nando, with more responsibilities to shoulder.
So I think given the fact i think Cisse needs supports more. Stay off him for awhile since he deserve this fairness when you are to be judge at the end of the course.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu May 04, 2006 9:06 am

I have read this story from a couple of sources now and to be honest its BS. They just like the headline 'Cisse spotted at Barca training ground', makes you want to read more doesn't it. It turns out however that he's just visiting his mate. So no trial, no medical, no contract, no story.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion