Cisse at camp nou - Guest of eto

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thegreedo » Thu May 04, 2006 10:57 am

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
Hotsauce wrote:
This report is top the the newsnow/football site. Other reports claim that barca are still interested in the speedy frenchman. Anyhoo this is music to the ears of us Cisse haters.
[

:D

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a prime example why Newkit is turning shite.

Couldn't agree more Rafa!

Incidentally for anybody who is in any dobt about Mr Cisse's commitment/ability please take another look at the last 15 minutes of the cup semi vs Chelski. All your questions will be answered.

I would never say I hated any player who wears the red of Liverpool, it is far to strong a word, but I have to say I would be happy to hold the door open for Mr Cisse and wish him luck on his way out of Anfield!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:33 am

RAFABENITEZ wrote:I don;t think Barca would touch him to be honest, isnt there anothe Frenchstriker theyre after ? :D 

They were meant to be interested when we first signed him and there was speculation Rafa didnt want him (who woulda thought that?), but cant see it happening now.

i thought he tried to sign him when he was at valencia?

oh well, cisse has done us a job this year, nothing spectacular but hes scored when needed and whatever happens with him we wish him the best
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:51 am

The reality is unless there is significant investment in the club before the close the transfer market I don't see a big name striker coming in: We just don't have the cash to splash.

Unfortunately we will more than likely end up with either stop gap measure ie Raul. Not ideal but we have to be realistic. I would rather see the money invested in youth!

I would like us to keep Cisse and offload morientes.
PCG77

Postby 72-1146193975 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:50 pm

I would never say I hated any player who wears the red of Liverpool, it is far to strong a word, but I have to say I would be happy to hold the door open for Mr Cisse and wish him luck on his way out of Anfield!

here's a fan who passionately hates a player who's bagged 17 goals for us this season.
I wonder if he's a liverpool fan or a yankee manc or probably chelshite in disguise.
Fool F.uck YouImage
72-1146193975

Postby Kukilon » Thu May 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Oki he can frustrate you sometimes but I think many people in here is taking it a bit to far. He has been loyal to us and that is what matters the most. It's not his fault that we paid to much for a player that ain't that good to begin with.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu May 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Hotsauce wrote:

here's a fan who passionately hates a player who's bagged 17 goals for us this season.
I wonder if he's a liverpool fan or a yankee manc or probably chelshite in disguise.
Fool F.uck YouImage

:laugh:  Class A Pillock you lad.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Kukilon wrote:Oki he can frustrate you sometimes but I think many people in here is taking it a bit to far. He has been loyal to us and that is what matters the most. It's not his fault that we paid to much for a player that ain't that good to begin with.

i agree about the loyal part;he did his weeding in red!And am sure he'd rather be at anfield than at barca.

Who's this thegreedo anyway ???
and what a curious username if you ask me  :suspect:
72-1146193975

Postby Effes » Thu May 04, 2006 5:36 pm

The way I look at it is this:

Most people would not be too disheartened to see Morientes or Cisse go:
about £3M at most for Morientes
about £5.5M at most for Cisse

But
can we afford to sell both ?

I would love to see Rafa splash some decent cash on a proven striker (proven in any league)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:41 pm

Effes wrote:The way I look at it is this:

Most people would not be too disheartened to see Morientes or Cisse go:
about £3M at most for Morientes
about £5.5M at most for Cisse

But
can we afford to sell both ?

I would love to see Rafa splash some decent cash on a proven striker (proven in any league)

cisse is a proven striker,why sell im at a loss ???
72-1146193975

Postby Effes » Thu May 04, 2006 5:50 pm

Hotsauce wrote:cisse is a proven striker,why sell im at a loss ???

This aint stocks and shares we're talking about Wideboy.

Cisse has proven to most fans that he aint got it.

I'm sure Rafa doesn't rate him. Look how long he's been on the bench - god knows how many times this has been discussed and dissected already on here.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 04, 2006 5:52 pm

Hotsauce wrote:cisse is a proven striker,why sell im at a loss ???

Because no team, and I mean no team, will pay us what we paid for him!  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu May 04, 2006 6:07 pm

I hope he does go for his own sake, he clearly cant hack it in the prem, he has scored a few goals but im concerned about the stupidly easy chances he misses.

Hopefully we could get a bit of money or even a part exchange for maybe eto (in our dreams)
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:17 pm

I think Cisse has been found out over here, he doesn't seem to be able to adpat and that is his big problem
Mark 23

Postby shanks » Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 pm

short and sweet he will not be going too  Barca he as bagged 18 goals for us this season i think morro should go not cisse
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon May 08, 2006 9:29 am

Facts are that everyone of our strikers who were having lots of problems suddenly started finding the net with relative ease once a certain Mr Fowler was lined up.

Although I had negative things to say about all 3, Crouch, Cisse and even Morientes all looked twice as good and found the net much easier when Robbie played alongside.

They cant play with each other, but every one of them played better football next to G O D.

If we can get 8m for him, he's gone. But I dont think we will, and he may be playing next year. Based on what we've seen in the last 4 -5 games, we could do worse.

Bringing Robbie Fowler back to this club was pure genius. I rate him higher than Michael Owen and am baffled he's not going to the World Cup
tel

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion