Is it time for houllier to depart? - Who is running the team anyway?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun May 16, 2004 2:17 pm

Best option? Why not persist with Henchoz (a centre-back! ) or Traore? Kermit continues to buy garbage for who there is no place in the team in the position they were bought to fill!!!!! Why buy Traore if he isn't going to get a chance? It isn't like we were in a situation that mattered?!?!?!?!? I see no point playing the "best option" in a meaningless game ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:13 pm

Traore looks like he'll never fulfill his early promise and was signed as a player with potential at 19 years of age for 500k.

He's had one or two games and shown why Houllier thought he was going to become a class act on occasions.

He was signed as a squad player who could break through, for a tiny amount of money aswell, Nothing wrong with that.

Personally this season i'd like to have seen him play more in the centre with Hyypia instead of Biscan and even instead of Henchoz at times. Carragher has more pace than Henchoz and that is something we are lacking the most at the back. Hence the reason Carra played there against Newcastle.

I really don't see why you are slaggin off this selection.

Hyypia needs a new partner, thats that. At the moment the best player we have to play there is probably Carragher.

We have 3 positions in the defence sorted. We need to sort the last one.

Simple.
115-1073096938

Postby XSD » Sun May 16, 2004 5:35 pm

I think we are 4 players away from a very strong team.
1x Striker (I'm happy to give Cissé a chance here)
2x Midfield (right wing, centre mid)
1x Centre back (Mexes seems like a possibility, no complaints here)

As for who to fill the midfield position, that is hard. The only players worthy to be alongside Stevie G wouldn't come to Liverpool currently.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:20 am

Owzat wrote:
Owzat wrote:Gerrard - if we don't achieve high standards, he will eventually leave
Kewell - how long will he stay before greater success beckons?
Owen -  - if we don't achieve high standards, he will eventually leave

Hmmm, I think Gerrard will stick around for a while yet. 
Owen may well go soon
but Kewell will be around for quite some time.  he turned down more money at Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus to come to Liverpool.  I think that speaks volumes about how much he loves this club.  Before you point to his aparent lack of commitment don't forget he has been playing with a serious ankle injury (which will require surgery in the off season) since November.  Thats nearly seven months of consistently playing through the pain barrier and playing 90 minutes most of the time.

As for the rest time will tell all.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:30 am

these forums are really statring to depress me, non stop moaning and whining and whinging and its all pointless.
The simple fact, and this is undeisputable, is that we have claimde 4th place.
We can now buy better players and look on to next season
Houllier will be here next season.
Kewel and Steveie G will be here next season
Owen... well, Kewel and Stevie G will be here next season :p
Lets just be happy where we are and build on it instead of bitching and moaning on what could have been
whats done is done, tomorrows our day
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Mon May 17, 2004 6:36 pm

dawson99 wrote:these forums are really statring to depress me, non stop moaning and whining and whinging and its all pointless.
The simple fact, and this is undeisputable, is that we have claimde 4th place.
We can now buy better players and look on to next season
Houllier will be here next season.
Kewel and Steveie G will be here next season
Owen... well, Kewel and Stevie G will be here next season :p
Lets just be happy where we are and build on it instead of bitching and moaning on what could have been
whats done is done, tomorrows our day

Here Here
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 17, 2004 6:38 pm

i agree, we are in the Champions league people!  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Mon May 17, 2004 6:43 pm

so we are all going to be happy with being mediocre?
jack66

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon May 17, 2004 7:00 pm

no nobody is going to be happy being mediocre jack66, but we wanna start being a bit more optimistic about things, so your probably another one who says sack houllier bring in oneill and start a whole new rebiulding process, thats what the likes of spurs and villa keep doing, we have made great progress and if u look at the bigger picture we have achieved great things under houllier but we can achieve even greater things if we give houllier and the players support and stop moaning like bitches,
were in the champions league next season, our players will be more mature next season were gonna have one or three good signings, players like kewell finnan and kirkland will be awesome next season, so get behind the team and the manager and stop whinging :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Redtribe » Mon May 17, 2004 8:06 pm

No surely as supporters we should not  support LFC but ****** and moan all the time!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 17, 2004 9:36 pm

ok, we have had a bad season and we are in the Champions league

Leeds have a bad season, going bankrupt, relegated and will be lucky if they are in the league atall come 12 months :laugh:

now thats cheered me up
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue May 18, 2004 12:00 am

I say give the guy one more season and if he doesn't finish higher than 3rd then I think he should do the decent thing and walk  ???

Also were not in the Champions League yet we have to qualify first!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 18, 2004 12:10 am

We have the 2 most importnat England players in our team, according to Opta one of the top 2 central defenders in the prem (Hyppia, just in case you thought Biscan LOL). Kewell  will get better next season and Cisse and proably a couple of top drawers ignings over the summer.

Add to this a strong squad and despite a ****** poor season have finished 4th and made the lucrative CL in terms of finance and attracting top players.

We also have not 1 but 2 investors who want to pour money into the club, the best fans in the world and the capability to pres on next season with hopefully GH in charge ...... there I've said it........ I back Houllier !!!!!!!!! :D

The pessimists wuill say more of the same next season and the optimists wil say maybe we are about to turn the corner, lets at least stick with GH and find out rather than bring a fresh manager in (Unless its Curbichley !!!LOL :P) and go back 2/3 seasons in terms of progress.

P.S. I KNOW its not 60's or 70's or 80's but the games changed immeasurably since then and its not fair to compare decades
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion