Time to get rid of houllier and owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby youngy1966 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:56 pm

Who like me thinks its time to get shot of Houllier and above all cash in on Owen.Houllier has lost the plot with his tactics.He has no motivational skills and his buddy thommo has lost his ability to pick up the players as well.

Owen wants to look at his mate Gerrard and show half the passion this lad has.If someone playing for a pub team missed half the chances Owen had he not only would be dropped but his team mates would have give him a good kicking as well!!

For his advisors to publicy state that he might leave Liverpool if they do not get the 4th spot and all of a sudden he starts missing chances my Grandma would bury seems to me there is something untoward going on in the Owen camp.

All I can say at the moment is that Villa will get 4th ,Newcastle 5th and us for 6th with maybe Charlton to outbattle us even for that!!

We are a pathetic excuse for a football team with no backbone,no character and no hope.Houllier time for you to go and I mean go now

:angry:
youngy1966

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:09 pm

just think David Moores should give the chairmanship to the Morgan bloke. At the end of the day, you have to blame Moores for being to soft on Houllier..... Do you think Bayern, Real, Barcelona and Ajax would tolerate this level of inconsistancy and incompetence!?!?!!? I think not
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:32 pm

Owen looks like he does not want to take penalty. Then why does GH still insist on him taking penalty. All the goalkeepers in the league would have saved that penalty.

But Owen has to still go for me. Liverpool has to cash in on him when there is still time.........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:23 pm

If you guys think Owen is still worth a lot. Think again. He is slower and weaker than most premiership defenders. He is lazy and his technical abilities mediocre at best.

Owen is not unique. So many talented young players have failed to live up to their potential. Some have been forced to quit through injuries, others simply faded away.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:34 pm

You fickle narrow minded bunch of fools.

You never learn. He'll get back to his best again... he ALWAYS does. Every injury he has people say this. You never learn at all... silly ba#ta#ds.
115-1073096938

Postby Supermarius » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:54 pm

I think we should do our utmost to keep Him. I know he hasnt been performing well ,but who has?
Plus if we want to attract better players ..they want to join a club where there are already good players etc
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Stackman » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:43 am

When Owen comes back from injury, he is never quite the same and it takes a while for him to start scoring regularly again.  It seems to have taken a lot longer this time.  At the end of the day, if Owen goes, who comes in as the main striker?  Baros or Pongolle?  Cisse of Auxerre is allegedly joining in the summer.

As for cashing in on Owen, his value is supposedly down from £40M to about £14M, as his contract has about 18 months to go and also due to his lack of goals.

Keep him.  He'll come good.
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby Red » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:00 am

stu_the_red wrote:You fickle narrow minded bunch of fools.

You never learn. He'll get back to his best again... he ALWAYS does. Every injury he has people say this. You never learn at all... silly ba#ta#ds.

agreed.

especially with the words fickle and fools.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:14 am

Youngy, Owen is going through a bad time so don't say things like we have to get rid of him. We all know he is pure quality and he is up to it. So don't you dare say to sell him (we have to hold on to him), otherwise I agree with you on every other point
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:37 am

Can we not fast forward to May 2004 and lose the rest of March and April . I think we will be out of the eufa cup and well away from 4th . That means Houllier must go . Turning this slump round now is like raising the Titanic .Keep Owen Though hes class . Its confidence and fitness and playing in a good team that is the problem with him . The system Houllier is using doesnt suit him at all .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:52 am

Owen always will be class top 5 strikers in the world, no doubt about it. But, every striker needs service and liverpool dont provide that.
Sell him for the benefit of rebuilding around stevie g and get rid of le frog.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:00 pm

Owen is not the problem at all. Fair enough, he isn't the greatest of penalty takers, but when he's fit and in form there are few to match him.

Unfortunately he has always been prone to injury: this goes back to the Roy Evans days. Its the management's fault not to bring in another top class striker who will score goals when Owen is injured and having an off day.

As for GH we clearly need to let him go, although I can't see any huge benefit in sacking him now. There are ten league games left and our top targets, such as O' Neill and (my new favourite) Jose Mourinho of Porto, are unlikely (nay wont) come between now and the end of the season.

A caretaker manager would hardly do that much better than Houllier and there would be a danger of our season totally collapsing if we sacked GH now.

We have a terrible team and the season is a nightmare, but we could still limp home in 4th, as Newcastle are also messing up in a dramatic way and we could be the best of a very bad lot.

However, even if we do finish 4th (by default) we will likely be 30 to 35 points behind the winners and that is absolutely shocking for Liverpool.

GH must go at the end of the season, but is there any point in sacking him now?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zackboxer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Keep Owen, he's still class but like the rest of the team has totally lost confidence.

Houllier has nothing left to offer this club except his resignation, we are rapidly becoming a joke.
When the Saints fans sang
"Used to be good but now you're sh*t" that said it all
:(

If we limp into 4th GH will hang onto his job, give the usual cr*p about how we achieved the seasons aims and were still on track etc. and we'll have to face another year of his cr*p management and bullsh*t excuses. No thanks!!
:( :angry:  :angry:
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:23 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:GH must go at the end of the season, but is there any point in sacking him now?

Is there any point in keeping him when we know he is not good enough? I'd sack him just for his post-match comments alone (every fvckin' game) I don't care if we "aren't a club that sacks managers", I'd rather be that than a laughing stock
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:38 pm

:angry: i'm really getting tired of this-- sack owen-- are you nuts???
sven has owen and heskey as his strike force-- maybe he's an idiot too!! owen needs a proper team behind him-- yesterday was a joke- yes he's showing no emotion same with everyone except stevie
wrt gh fire him now-- why wait-- maybe the team will wake up and play like they can
vlady16.1

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion