Gerard houllier - His time is up.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scott9 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:17 pm

GH put his foot in his mouth years ago and he has been doing it ever since. He said he would win the premiership with LFC within 5 years, it has'nt happened and won't happen until a new manager is appointed with new ideas who will get rid of some of the rubbish that plays for LFC and brings in some talent. Liverpool without doubt have some brilliant players but they also have some very bad ones. Traore, Biscan, Diao, Cheyrou and Diouf should not be playing for LFC they are simply not good enough, they have been terrible buys from Houllier. Would Wenger, Ferguson or Ranieri have bought them, NO. Wenger French purchases have been players like Henry and Viera who even i have to admit are brilliant players. I think a manager like Wenger would have brought glory days back to LFC, but it is too late now.
Had Houllier been a manager of another big team with the amount of money he has been spent he would without a doubt been sacked. I personally think after the poor season LFC had last season he should have been sacked then, but once again we are repeating all the same stuff that was being said a year ago.
Every time the pressure is really on GH, LFC manage to win, like for example against Bolton which takes the pressure off. Then a few days later they draw against Man City and the perfomance was very average. GH keeps saying that Liverpool would be higher up the table if Owen, Baros etc were fit but when Arsenal or United have a few big stars injured you never see them slip to 9th in the league which shows that have class throughout the squad.
I have supported Liverpool for about 20 years and have seen them come from being the best domestic team in Europe maybe the world to being an above average premiership team which they are now.
The board must go against their morals and sack Houllier before even more tragedy is put onto this great club.
Scott9

Postby HistoryGirl » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:37 pm

i agree with what you have said to some extent but i think Diouf has talent and has been good so far this season and so be in the team if not the starting 11, but Diao, Biscan, Cheyrou, Smicer and Heskey should all go now and hopefully bring in some quality replacements in the January transfer window.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:40 pm

La Tallec and Pongolle have been good buys and should be playing instead of bloody Heskey and Smicer!!!!!!!!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:56 pm

Diouff, Le Tallec and Sinama-Pongolle all have potential, but as things stand they are not players of Champions League quality and we expect more after 5 years in charge.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scott9 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:57 pm

When mentioning some bad players earlier i forgot to mention Heskey. I think Smicer has a bit of talent, but only uses it when playing for the Czechs. I do not know how Heskey gets the nod time and time again over Liverpool's young french strikers. I could score more goals than Heskey in a season.
When watching Liverpool or England play Heskey spends more time falling over than doing anything positive for the team. His seem a nice person but not a very good footballer.
Scott9

Postby jamaefc » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:26 pm

I obviously dont watch Liverpool very often but here all the time about how bad Heskey is.  It baffles me how he can get a game for club and even more so his country when everyone I know who sees him says he is cr#p.  Do any pool fans like Heskey?
jamaefc

Postby istvan kozma » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:29 pm

he  unsettles defenders  but  does  bugger  all  else - foreign  defenders  hate  him  and  thats  why  eriksson  picks  him
istvan kozma

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:49 pm

I agree, I think Houllier and Eriksson see him as a typical English striker except everyone else knows he's cr@p. It will be interesting to see if Eriksson goes with Owen and Rooney up front at Euro 2004 (assuming they're both fit)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion