Time to get rid of houllier and owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:46 pm

michael owen's head is not in the right place right now. the ability is still there but the confidence is not. seeing him playing on the half way line is not a good sign. if he is to stay then he needs someone top class who can hold the ball up alongside him and he can feed off.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby eccles_goon » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:01 pm

living so far away in Sunny Queensland,I can see its time for Houllier to go...
Shankly said of winning the league,"This is our bread and butter",under Houllier no bread for years....
eccles_goon

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:20 pm

He has gone mad,and yes i do meen le boss. 2 left backs on the bench, right back playing left back, central defender playing right back, midfielder playing center back, and strikers on the wing? All he has to do now is put Dudek and Kirkland up front, and st Micheal in goal to complete his muppet show!!!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redandblue » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:43 pm

I think that Houllier has gone mad. He was grinning at the post match interview yeaterday and finished the interview by saying that the club remains on track. On track for what? Fourth spot? 30 plus points behind Arsenal.

The biggest gap between Liverpool and the title winners in the past 50 years (the year we got relegated) was 32 points about ten years ago. We are very close to this deficit already.

Houllier is a complete clown talking up finishing fourth. We should look at the standards set by Arsenal. We are falling further and further behind and this could be our worst season for 50 years.

Just think........United are apparently having a torrid season with calls for Ferguson to consider his position. Well, they won their CL group, failed to make the last eight for the first time in years, they are in the semi final of the FA Cup, they are third in the league, 12 points behind Arsenal and 19 points ahead of us. Our mad, mad manager would be doing cartwheels if we were having such a bad season as United's.

For all the Houllier sycophants who use this board, just look at our performances, look at Houllier's inept tactics, look at the awful signings, look at the bare statistics, and look at the lack of joy In Michael Owen's face when he plays the game.

Owen has been fantastic for Liverpool. Unfortunately Houllier has robbed him of service. He needs to join a good team to rescue his career.

As for Houllier, it is remarkable that he is still in a job. The Board should use the remainder of the season to draw up a shortlist and get someone in this summer. Houllier has done untold and lasting damage to this great club.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mags » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:45 pm

I agree we should cash in on Owen, he misses 10-15 games each year through injury, and then it takes him another 3-4 games to get back in the swing although this time its taken much longer. his camp say he will leave if we dont get 4th. well, with what hes been missing lately he'll be one of the main reasons if we dont, irony indeed! As for GH, No ideas, v. little creativity boring to watch (the team) and too many excuses would Wenger or Ferguson do the same. under this manage ment, ask yourself are we going to be any better off if you think yes ...HOW? ???
mags

Postby zardd » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:42 pm

GH must go after this season.
for owen, think he needs another partner to take the burden off him of scoring in every match. baros is good but he is too single-minded like a battling ram, never really look around when running with the ball so that he could play his partner into scoring positions
zardd

Postby Stackman » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:13 pm

Houllier is a desperate man, which is why he keeps saying things like "we're on track", "I am building for the future" to try to deflect away from the current poor situation.

He's had enough time to build his team.  What has happened since the first 12 games of last season?  How have we gone from:

2000/01 won 3 trophies.
2001/02 runners-up in the Premiership, CL quarter final.
2002/03 won 9 drew 3 in the first 12 matches.  Failed to qualify for CL.
2003/04 Struggling to make 4th in Premiership.

That hardly seems on track to me.
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby Flea » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:25 am

time to get rid of houller,yes time to get ride of owen you're stupide or what? ?????
Flea

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:12 pm

one question has to be asked through all this.

if wenger, ferguson or even o'neill had been manager of liverpool for the 5 years houllier has been here, with this current squad (including 2 quality centre backs, englands best young midfielder and top striker), would we have won the league by now?

i think the answer is probably yes. enough said.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:50 pm

:p i couldn't agree more-- its funny though - all went to hell in a handbasket when babbel got sick and mcallister retired- i realize its only a coincidence but?
also i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one wondering why henchoz is replaced at centerback by a missplaced midfielder then he too is played out of place-- if one is to play 3 forwards why doesn't one play 3 forwards rather than 2 strikers and 1 out of place striker? i accept my ignorance and gh must be operating at a higher plane
vlady16.1

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:56 pm

yeah henchoz can't play full back because he has no pace and never gets forward. it reminds me of last year against birmingham when carragher went off injured and houllier put diao to right back, and within two minutes they went down the left and scored. if the worst came to the worst you could stick gerrard at right back because thats where he started his liverpool career. as for strikers they've all got ability (except heskey) but have no confidence.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Putting Biscan in instead of Henchoz at centre half and then sending the Swiss out to right back is madness!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby hotee_f » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:36 pm

Its time to get rid of David moores, pigs mother s##t, Rick f##king Parry and the manager, uglyface Gerrard Houllier.

Time to go

Leave your places to true Reds fans who can do your job

A revolution is needed for any club at any certain phase of its story.

Man Utd in 1990, Arsenal in 1996, Chelsea in 2003, Newcastle in 1995, Real Madrid in 1996 etc.

Its time for Liverpool in 2004!
hotee_f

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion