We miss sissoko - How long...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

sundy wrote:best of luck momo.......
great to see the big man back in training again
:buttrock

Jeezuz ! why not just assume we're all blind and post in braille .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
sundy wrote:best of luck momo.......
great to see the big man back in training again
:buttrock

Jeezuz ! why not just assume we're all blind and post in braille .

:D  FFS the state of that font.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:01 pm

I started a thread just about the week before Momo got injured (hope I didn't jinx the fella) where I said that he was developing into a top player before our very eyes. My suspicion was initially that he would eventually become a really good player but just prior to his injury he turned in a couple of gargantuan performances which really made me sit up. His developement appeared to be happening apace with the summit considerably higher than I originally gave him credit for.
My feeling is that if he played like he did in those couple of games regularly, then any team in the country (with the possible exception of Chelsea) would miss him. I also suspect his absence was instrumental in our elimination from the Champions League. He became just before his injury like the teams metronomic heartbeat, providing the rhythm and tempo upon which we feasted. I hope he gets back fit next season because I see his fitness as pivotal to our building of a top-calss squad.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:27 pm

next vieira? hmm not yet. but your right that we sure as hell miss him.
ive said for a while apart from his distribution, which at best is variable. sissoko adds a dynamism and energy into the side. he doesnt need to be anywhere near the finished article to give us a threat. what he does is enough, coupled with the alternative skills the other midfielders have, we look far more balanced and in control when he plays. even more so recently, as mick says.
and with that type of 'ball winner' on the pitch ( i call that out of respect, not pidgeon-holeing him) xabi/stevie have license to initiate attacks from more advanced areas.

i rate the lad very highly (already) and you can see, the pattern or blueprint coming slowly together. believe me- momo sissoko will be massive. thank our stars he may well fully recover.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion