Rafa inks new reds deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:23 pm

Dannyboy - you need to do something about that stutter!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:27 pm

I I Know mate mate mate. Begininning to sound like Brian Christie. ha ha.
Dannyboy

Postby daddyo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:36 pm

Heard it being said that we've secured 'funds' from somewhere-where exactly seems to be a little vague but nonetheless the rumours abound.

Seems also that Rafa was waiting on only that to take things forward.

Happy days ahead so it seems
daddyo

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:43 pm

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:44 pm

I be happy when i see it on the offical site

And Parry interview currently on that site doesnt give any definates as far as i can see
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:54 pm

What a difference a day can make in football eh?

This time yesterday there's speculation about the Manager and the bookies are offering windfall odds on a Liverpool striker actually a goal!

great news on the contract front and i think Moores and Parry deserve a lot of credit (they don't always get it) should Rafa sign an extension which effectively tells Madrid to p.iss off.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Rafael Benitez today delivered the news all Liverpool supporters wanted to hear when he announced that he's definitely staying at Anfield. 
Speculation last week hinted that the Liverpool boss could be tempted by the offer of a managerial position at either Inter Milan or Real Madrid. On Wednesday, the speculation came full circle when rumours began to emerge in Spain that the Reds chief had already put pen to paper on a new deal tying him to the club until 2010.

Today however, Benitez insisted that while he hasn't yet signed any new deal at Anfield, he definitely won't be going anywhere.

"It's clear that I'm staying at Liverpool," Rafa told liverpoolfc.tv. "I want to thank the fans, the chief executive and the board for their support. I'm happy here and I'm staying.

"I am very happy here and I want to win a lot more trophies with Liverpool. My relationship with the fans and the people at the club is fantastic.

"We will try to finish second this season then look to try and win the Premiership next season. It won't be easy but we will try to sign the best players and continue to work hard with a clear idea of winning more trophies.

"The board have the same ideas as me and I haven't made any demands. They know we need to improve and we will continue to work hard. Can we win the Premiership next season? Well, it depends on Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham but we will try.

"When I decided to come to Liverpool I knew it was a big club, one of the biggest in the world that was capable of fighting for trophies."
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:20 pm

until 2010, thats my 10 pence worth
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Now give rafa the cash and watch us go :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:40 pm

A note to Ciggy: Next time you see on Rafa's face he wants to leave, ask me first, I told you he must be delighted in Liverpool. :;):

On a side note, I don't know why, perhaps due to some of the english media being :censored:, I think some of our fans have underrated the name of Liverpool in Europe. For a Spanish coach Madrid and Barcelona are the desired ones, and Valencia, Depor, would be desired as well, but less than that. Coaching Liverpool F.C, is like coachiong Madrid of Barcelona, it's more important than the latter ones, and it's gives more relevance in Spain tryumphing in England that in Spain. Look Luis Garcia, he has reached Spanish Squad mainly because he's in Liverpool. Xabi Prieto is making great matches, but he'll only reach the spanish squad if he insists in that good games for 4 seasons, OR, makes it to a great club like Liverpool. Same thing happened to Alonso.

Plus, the fact that in England managers have more power than in Spain (In Spain, they suggest the signing ups at best, and then the board grants that or not) makes of Liverpool an ideal team for Rafa.

The crowd is important too, when we have a problems, the crowd maintains faithful to the team, in Spain 2 games lost in Madrid would provoke CRISIS headlines in the newspapers. Let's see if I can translate an article of J.B. TOshack about his times in Madrid, it says it all about how the press work there.

In a nutshell, I expected Rafa to stay, and that's what has happened. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion