Rafa inks new reds deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:45 pm

Guillem Balague has just been on SKY for the spanish cup footy and he said to expect an announcement probably sometime tomorrow on this as Rafa's agent has been talking to Liverpool all day. I think this is one of the more reliable sources to comment on this story yet as Balague is very close to what goes on when it comes to Rafa.

Here's to many more years of success under EL Gaffa.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am

Fantastic news!!!!!!

Stick that up yer pipe and smoke it Real Madrid!!!! :laugh:

VIVA RAFA THE GAFA!!!!!! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:31 am

Rafael Benitez has dismissed reports that he has signed a contract extension at Liverpool but admitted that he is talking to the club about his future.

With three years left to run on his existing deal, Benitez is believed to be reasy to sign a one-year extension, keeping him at Anfield until the summer of 2010.

Speculation has linked the former Valencia boss with a return to his native Spain to manage Real Madrid, but after seeing his side thrash Fulham 5-1 to end their goal drought he insisted he is happy at the club.

"We are talking about the future, I have three years left on my contract here so there is no hurry, I have not signed anything," Benitez said.

"My relationship with the fans is excellent, as is my relationship with the board.

"We are happy, I am happy and there is not a problem at all with our relationships. But the only thing I have been signing tonight has been autographs."

Robbie Fowler scored his first goal since returning to Liverpool from Manchester City, Fernando Morientes ended his 14-match barren spell and Peter Crouch touched in his sixth goal since his summer move from Southampton.

Stephen Warnock also fired his first goal for the club as Fulham capitulated in the final minutes, with Liverpool's other goal coming from the boot of the visitors' midfielder Michael Brown.

Benitez was delighted that his goal-shy strikers had at last got on the scoresheet.

He said: "They were all waiting to score and it was important for their confidence that they did.

"Everybody will want to talk about Robbie's first goal since he returned here, but I was equally pleased with the goals from the other strikers too."

-------------

Skysports.co.uk
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:34 am

From SSN.....

Rafa after the game tonight...

"We are talking about the future, I have three years left on my contract here so there is no hurry, I have not signed anything," Benitez said.

"My relationship with the fans is excellent, as is my relationship with the board.

"We are happy, I am happy and there is not a problem at all with our relationships. But the only thing I have been signing tonight has been autographs."

Maybe tommorow...
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:29 am

I heard about the extension of Rafa's contract until 2010 this morning over the local radio as I was driving. Don't know how true it is. Good news, if so.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:27 pm

The Liverpool Echo are running an 'Exclusive' this afternoon which basically says:

'RAFA BENITEZ has commited his future to Liverpool after being guaranteed significant funds to rebuild his squad this summer.
'Benitez held crunch talks with the Anfield board earlier this week, when he was convinced he would be provided with the resources he needs to challenge Chelsea for the Premiership in the seasons ahead.....

'... Liverpool's guarantees to Benitez show how seriously the club considered the threat of losing Benitez, but how much work they've done behind the scenes in the last few weeks to ensure the manager will have the funds he requires.

'Benitez and his coaching team have now been reassured about the future of the club and a summer of turmoil has been avoided.

'Liverpool are not in a position to announce full details of their financial plans yet, but they confirmed at last month's AGM progress was being made in their pursuit of investment.

'The ECHO understands the club is extremely close to securing the multi-million pound deal it needs in order to safeguard the future of the Stanley Park project and provide a transfer kitty for the manager.'

If you're an Insider member, you already know this. We've also gone into detail as to what multi-million pound signings the club have sanctioned plus much more.

Details of where the money is going to come from is known by us and we expect the local media will also know. However, revealing that source publicly could be very damaging to the club and that's why we're keeping what we can say hidden away within our VIP site @ www.koptalkinsider.com

The next three or four weeks could prove interesting.... it's going to a superb summer!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Koptalk  :lookaround
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Koptalk  :lookaround

Does it really matter where it comes from. Parry himself said at the AGM that the details of the investment were close.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:36 pm

Couldn't care less where it comes from as long as we get it.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:56 pm

It is Good news. i hope he signs a ten year extension
Dannyboy

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 pm

I hope he signs for 15 years - so there!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Jim Duggin you have taken it too far my friend. have u been sitting in front of that computer for too long again
Dannyboy

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:19 pm

Dannyboy - I am just like an exciteable child today. I have to be honest and admit that, with all the speculuation I was concerned about Rafa's situation. Now that it "appears" to be resolved I am delighted. I now look forward to this major investment we are getting and some new faces at Anfield next season.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:21 pm

I am glad for you Jimduggin. i read parrys comments on Liverpoolfc.tv and they sound promising about an investor. they are being sensible and not just taking any old man with a wad of notes.
Dannyboy

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:21 pm

I am glad for you Jimduggin. i read parrys comments on Liverpoolfc.tv and they sound promising about an investor. they are being sensible and not just taking any old man with a wad of notes.
Dannyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion