Burn out - Rafa or gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the_red_alonso » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:20 pm

Its not the tiredness but the injury risk that is caused due to playin in unimportant matches.OK Gerrard wants to play in every game,he wants to play in the world cup but if his place is guaranteed why should he be playin in a match which counts for nothing & if he picks an injury in that match it could seriously hamper his season & WC too.
OK he wanted to play at Anfield for country,if I was Sven i would have brought him in for the last 8-10 mins or so only,not in the first 45 mins when tempo is a bit high & the energy of play might result in someone injuring u.
all said & done he's fine ,he'll play against Charlton & i just want to see us winning a lot of games from now until the WC.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:25 pm

dawson99 wrote:i dont agree with the term burn out. playing football is not the same as working down.. well a mine or something. Football is nto a real hard job. Plus when you are winning you just cant wait for the next game. These players are in the peak condition and they have ample time to rest. you cant earn 100k+ a season and moan if you think u r getting alil tired... if u ask me

good post.  Puts it into perspective really because the idea that footballers 'burnout' must be a joke when you compare it to a Doctor who works over 50 hours every week.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:14 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i dont agree with the term burn out. playing football is not the same as working down.. well a mine or something. Football is nto a real hard job. Plus when you are winning you just cant wait for the next game. These players are in the peak condition and they have ample time to rest. you cant earn 100k+ a season and moan if you think u r getting alil tired... if u ask me

good post.  Puts it into perspective really because the idea that footballers 'burnout' must be a joke when you compare it to a Doctor who works over 50 hours every week.

So for them 50 hours a week, a doctor is running around putting all sorts of pressure and stress on his muscles  ???

I think people are being shortsighted, i am not saying that stevie couldnt play twice a week all season, what i am saying is if he plays twice a week and Carrick plays just the once...they are both proffesional but who will have more energy late in games ?
If we want Gerrard to be the same player dominating games then we need to be a bit careful with him.
Comparing a footballer with another profession is a bit daft imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:30 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

So for them 50 hours a week, a doctor is running around putting all sorts of pressure and stress on his muscles  ???

I think people are being shortsighted, i am not saying that stevie couldnt play twice a week all season, what i am saying is if he plays twice a week and Carrick plays just the once...they are both proffesional but who will have more energy late in games ?
If we want Gerrard to be the same player dominating games then we need to be a bit careful with him.
Comparing a footballer with another profession is a bit daft imo.

I don't think it is to be honest.  People who work in mines/building sites put their bodies through all sorts of stress and they don't get 'burnt out'....i'm not trying to make a direct comparison but i agree with Dawsons point that sometime the prima dona of football life takes over a bit.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:46 pm

stmichael wrote:you'll always notice that tiredness is always used as an excuse when teams are losing. you never hear it when we're winning.

It would be nice to hear Rafa say "we could have won by a greater margin, but the team was tired" :D
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:45 pm

0asis wrote:Gerrard should be alrite aslong as he gets his daily in take of shredded wheat bite size.

:D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:39 pm

Gerrard said himself he didnt feel burnt out.

If benfica is next week, then my bet is with the Charlton game a 5:15 kick off, then Carra and Stevie should be rested.

They dont have to play in this game at all, or Stevie maybe for half.

thats why he bought agger and kromkamp. for this very reason.

he  should play V Charlton....

Reina

FInnan  hyypia   Agger     Traore.

Kromkamp    Alonso   Hamann   kewell.

Cisse
                      Fowler/ Morientes.

Thus resting Crouch Carra Warnock Riise and Gerrard for Tuesday.

only bring on anyone after sixty mins if we arent winning.
Last edited by 65-1140560321 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65-1140560321

Postby redmikey » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:14 pm

but will it bite gerrard in the :censored: ?

no player can play at 100% for a whole season without taking a break imo

he will play the whole 90 agianst a good charlton team unless we are winning by a couple because we need him out there, rafa has siad as much this week , with momo out we need gerrards drive in midfield,

not sure if finnan is fit but if he is the right side will be him and kromkamp
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:55 pm

Sorry but you're wrong.

They're human beings, they will get tired and not always perform to there best and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply a naive muppet.

I only play sunday league these days, i'm naturally fit, but not as athletic as i was and every time i come off the pitch at the end of a game i'm tired and i have knocks where i've been kicked or slight strains that take a day or too to recover.

What people don't realise is that these lads these days are athletes. Real athletes.

The likes of Luis Garcia would flatten the average sunday league centre half like he wasn't there if he put in a challenge on him. Its that simple.

These lads train so intensely they become unbelievabley fit, however one kick off someone like Sol Campbell or John Terry and you aren't able to train to the same extent.

Then you lose fitness and it becomes all the more difficult.

The other thing about people who haven't played the game don't understand is how tiring it is to play mentally. You're on you're toes for 90 minutes and for those ninety minutes you have to take everything you do into consideration, they're thinking about stuff for 90 minutes consistently twice a week, its very intense. Then theres sponsorship work etc.

The pace of the game these days is so fast and hard most normal people would be absoloutely :censored: after about 8 or 9  minutes unless they had trained for a few weeks.

Don't give me this :censored: about them being on 100k a week so they shouldn't get tired. Its absoloute :censored:.

No amount of money can ever make you stay awake and prevent you getting injuries and if you aren't at your best mentally and physically you aren't going to produce your best work.

Simple as that.

Manager want the best out of there players, some players want to give there best, that can't happen if they're :censored:.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:52 pm

stu

the point is, when a team is winning they cant wait for the next game, so its not the physicallity of the game that is the whole issue. its a mental burnout that is more likely. But when you are winning you get the mentality and cant wait for the next game. start losing and you feel a lot mroe tired, even if physically u r completely fine
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:51 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Sorry but you're wrong.

They're human beings, they will get tired and not always perform to there best and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply a naive muppet.

I only play sunday league these days, i'm naturally fit, but not as athletic as i was and every time i come off the pitch at the end of a game i'm tired and i have knocks where i've been kicked or slight strains that take a day or too to recover.

What people don't realise is that these lads these days are athletes. Real athletes.

The likes of Luis Garcia would flatten the average sunday league centre half like he wasn't there if he put in a challenge on him. Its that simple.

These lads train so intensely they become unbelievabley fit, however one kick off someone like Sol Campbell or John Terry and you aren't able to train to the same extent.

Then you lose fitness and it becomes all the more difficult.

The other thing about people who haven't played the game don't understand is how tiring it is to play mentally. You're on you're toes for 90 minutes and for those ninety minutes you have to take everything you do into consideration, they're thinking about stuff for 90 minutes consistently twice a week, its very intense. Then theres sponsorship work etc.

The pace of the game these days is so fast and hard most normal people would be absoloutely :censored: after about 8 or 9  minutes unless they had trained for a few weeks.

Don't give me this :censored: about them being on 100k a week so they shouldn't get tired. Its absoloute :censored:.

No amount of money can ever make you stay awake and prevent you getting injuries and if you aren't at your best mentally and physically you aren't going to produce your best work.

Simple as that.

Manager want the best out of there players, some players want to give there best, that can't happen if they're :censored:.

Totally agree with that post.

So many people think that footballers must be robots and provided they are on the pitch that they will produce the same performances, the amount of pay they are on is irrelevant.
To be successful in football you need to be on top of your game, to be on top of your game you need to be in peak condition.
If you play 60 games in a season, or 2 or more games in a week, common sense tells you that at some point you will not be at your best.
Rafa knows this and does when possible give the players a break.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion