Liverpool fc and knowsley council - Slagged off for land deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:37 pm

I found this article in the Kirkby Times......
Is it wrong we have bought some land at a very good price,or has Knowsley Council favoured Liverpool and took the money and ran........
Personally i cant help thinking the author of this article is a fecking bitter fan.
What do the local guys on here think about it all........

Windy Harbour Stolen

Money For Nothing!
Knowsley Council sold off most of Windy Harbour an open public area with football and playing fields in Northwood, Kirkby. The price is rumoured to have cost Liverpool PLC in the region of One Million Pounds, yet the amount of land they were allocated was in fact bigger than they needed. Somehow, Knowsley Council chose to let Liverpool FC sell off the spare land for a sum reputed to be 4 Million

55 Acre's of Land For One Million!
Its amazing how Liverpool FC got the land at the price of One Million. Check the news paper clipping below of land being sold in Kirkby, less than an Acre for £200'000!

What the hell is Going On?
How is it that Liverpool FC can be in effect GIVEN FOUR MILLION QUID. In effect thats what happened, Knowsley Council sold land worth at least 5 Million for One Million. Liverpool must have planned this one for a while,of course the fact that the land being sold is vital to the health and wellbeing of the local community means nothing to Liverpool PLC who are driven by profit, not any responsibility to the communities here. They steal our land, they make a massive profit AND manage to do so with hardly a whimper from the gutless ranks of Kirkbys Councillors and Political deadwood.

Liverpool FC's Shameful Profiteering
Liverpool FC are big on image. Reading about the academy you'd be mistaken for imagining it somehow turned wasteland into a community resource. Not so. The gates at the academy are locked to local kids. And where they would once have a kick around and organise games at will, you likely need to apply to some pen pusher at the academy months in advance for maybe a chance to use the place nowadays.In fact its more likely the only chance for kids to get in the place would be to pay for the kids to join some football training scheme. The greedy lowlife of buisnesses like Liverpool would do anything to turn football even more commercial.They already charge an absolute fortune for the kits, and truth is most working class kids in Kirkby are priced out of Anfield in favour of attracting the middle classes.The ordinary people of Kirkby have once again been shafted here. We lose precious green space, Liverpool FC make 4 million and maybe a little bit more through any grants which all these Big Businesses seem to be able to leach. You can spindoctor this issue all you want, Liverpool FC certainly have and as for Knowsley Council.......

Knowsley Council's Green Policy=If its Green, Sell it!
We have few green areas left in Kirkby, every patch of land seems to be going.None of these deals are ever done in public, it seems Knowsley Council have a policy of keeping its plans secret until we find out when the wagons roll in. There was a petition off local residents who objected to the academy, most preffered the fields which generations had played on, but the wishes of the local people here count for nothing,Knowsley Council have destroyed much of our natural green habitat, there should be a blanket ban on building on any more Green Areas here.We are used as a waste ground for the chemical industry which inhabits the Massive Industrial Estate. How much more revenue do Knowsley Council need? It seems that they will not be happy until the last tree is felled and the last river poisoned.Its ok for most of the people making these decisions, they do not live here. They drive back to the suberbs, away from the fumes of nearby industrial estates, away from the crime and poverty.Back to some safe haven where kids breath clean air and there isn't a security guard in the sweet shops. These Middle class Idiots have NO buisness in our community. The people who care most about Kirkby live here. Working Class Areas like Kirkby should be controlled by the Working Class people who live there. That would be local democracy.

Below: Liverpool FC's Academy as seen by local kids

my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:50 pm

bitter bitter blue nose :nod
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:50 pm

Actually just realised this happened last summer,but even so i'm surprised its not been mentioned before.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:04 pm

drummerphil wrote:Actually just realised this happened last summer,but even so i'm surprised its not been mentioned before.....

That's because a bitter bluenose wrote it for his GCSE in bullsh*t.

He passed with flying colours.

How pathetic can someone be!?! How can the silly-ar*e say that the playing fields and footy pitches have gone if we sold 4 times as much land!?! Does the brainless wankoid not realise that that means we are only actually going to use 1/5th!?!

Stupid b*stard.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:07 pm

I tend to agree Lando mate :D
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:38 pm

I live in the Northwood area myself, and we still have plenty of acres of space to play Football its never bothered any of the residents.
The only thing that annoys most of us is 'Toxic Sonae', definately a bitter who has wrote that article.
Who wrote the article, I might know him? :eyebrow
82-1074641017

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:27 pm

It dosn't say Roberts mate........
the full link is here.......
The Kirkby Times
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:37 pm

bitter blue :censored: :D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion