The league championship is on the horizon - Rafa will win us the league!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reina From Spaina » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:26 pm

Bonjour,

I scathed a bit about Rafa's selection for the WCC final making 5 changes, however that was only one game!

I think generally, this guy is the man to make Liverpool kings again of the English Prem, and SOONER rather than later, We are already playing very well, and with the arrival of at least 3 top players in 10 days time, we are only going to get better.

I have to say all of these big European games have given all of the players a lot more confidence and thus experience in "Big" games, and how to cope under varying conditions.
You all will agree I think, that we a far stronger unit that 2 years ago, and not leaking many goals.

I think these 4 christmas period games will tell us Everything about how far we have come under Rafa.
The idea behind why he bought Sissoko was for this precise reason. for example, he could rest gerrard and Alonso and play hamann and Sissoko in any of the next four games. He has many options.

When any Manager builds a team, the first thing you should do, is make yourselves a difficult team to beat!
Rafa gets 10 out of 10 for that! teams find it hard to score against us. a contrast to the "shaky" defences of the 90's when people cringed when a cross came in! If I remember rightly, we didnt conceed for anbout 5 games at the start of the season?

I don't want to slate Peter Crouch, it's obvious he can score, and his build up play/ holding the ball is superb, but imagine if we had a striker like Owen/ Rooney, or something similar. although for obvious reasons we don't like Rooney, but Imagine if we had him, Crouch and Owen, to choose from!?. The Jigsaw would be almost complete.You have to say Rooneys ability is exquisite, whatever you think of him.

We are almost the complete article. All we need are one or two prolific strikers. Cisse is gone defo by next July IMO, Moro has probably seen better days, although still good. This is all we need.

Chelsea are obvioulsy having their stint of fame, but we are definatley the best of the rest, and could well finish second.
To Actually catch Chelsea this season would require us to go on the best run for many years, and them to drop points, but the tide could soon change.

What I like most about Benitez, if he sees a problem he will fix it quickly! , not like Houllier.

Any comments please into how we are progressing........

C'mon Rafa.
Reina From Spaina

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:31 am

don't want to slate Peter Crouch, it's obvious he can score, and his build up play/ holding the ball is superb, but imagine if we had a striker like Owen/ Rooney, or something similar.

I agree the post except on this. I wish we had Owen. If we had him, I'd put Crouch and Owen. Morientes is a very good striker imho, but Owen is world class. So he'd be the perfect companion for Crouch.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:23 am

but owen screwed us.he think real can give him medal.rafa will bring home prem for us sooner than we think. if we get the right player next jan and chelshite stumble maybe.......
darwisigila

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:29 am

Sabre wrote:
don't want to slate Peter Crouch, it's obvious he can score, and his build up play/ holding the ball is superb, but imagine if we had a striker like Owen/ Rooney, or something similar.

I agree the post except on this. I wish we had Owen. If we had him, I'd put Crouch and Owen. Morientes is a very good striker imho, but Owen is world class. So he'd be the perfect companion for Crouch.

So true, the fact of the matter is that our current striker selections aren't 25+ goals a season, or aren't performing at that level. Owen has walked into the newcastle side and banged them in from game 1. Owen also would walk into the Liverpool team, he is too good for newcastle.

Rafa will win us the league but maybe not this season
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:42 am

but owen screwed us.he think real can give him medal.

How did owen screw us?? he left a team knowing probly that gerrard was thinkin of leaving . Cram packed with no marks . Even though most people on here new that rafa was class in spain. I remember reading that it could take us 5 years (heard that somewhere before) I don t blame the lad one bit and hope he get the reception he deserves. he took a gamble and lost (not for first time) still one of LFC s greatest ever front men. hopefully he will see the kop in full voice and gib the fool army .
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:51 am

I dont think we will win the league this season.

Am hoping for top 3 though.
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:47 pm

i don't want owen back,he didn't believe in this team club or in rafa benitez,it is his mistake and he will rue the day he turned his back on us for his entire career,
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:15 am

[quote]
Am hoping for top 3 though.

hoping we win....hehe
darwisigila

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 am

We are already playing very well, and with the arrival of at least 3 top players in 10 days time, we are only going to get better.

Yes, we play well but who the that 3 top players ??? Only 10 m given to him ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Reina From Spaina » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:20 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
We are already playing very well, and with the arrival of at least 3 top players in 10 days time, we are only going to get better.

Yes, we play well but who the that 3 top players ??? Only 10 m given to him ....

how do you know 10m is the figure? pure speculation.

Mark Gonzales, Sabrosa and a a CB so I believe
Reina From Spaina

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Pay little attention to the newspaper reports regarding how much money we have available to spend in Janaury. Reason being is because every report is different, some have said 10 whilst others 15 or 20.

Mark Gonzales shouldn't cost more than 4 million, and I've heard that whilst he will be able to join up with the team in January, he will not be able to play until next season. How true that is, I don't know but I believe he is getting a Spanish passport meaning that he'll have no problems with a work permit.

Regarding Simao, I think the deal maybe off. Now at the moment he is injured and 12 million seems a bit too much. With the qualification in the Champions League, Benfica may no longer need to sell Simao. I think we'll settle for someone cheaper but somebody who can get the job done i.e. Srna,Galleti

As far as the centerback goes, there have been various reports linking us to different CB's as always. There's Zebina,King and Nemanja Vidic who I think will be the player we end up getting.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:39 pm

cant see it this year,next year if things carry on the way Rafa is moulding the side......very possible
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:45 pm

I agree Phil, the league championship was an unrealistic target prior to the season start and it is now. Chelsea have too much depth to fall to pieces now, and our squad is not complete.

Next season is more like it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion