Rafa calls league managers association - To get them to help paul ince

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 am

Radio five live last night.
League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan told Radio five live last night that a top manager called them to keep a eye on a young maager that was about to be sacked, from then on the chat was all about Paul Ince.

going by other reports this week it was Rafa that made the call, it seems our manager has been taken by Paul Ince and feels that he is going to be a very good manager.

As a Ex liverpool player i wish Paul all the best, the Prem needds good young English manager and it would be a shame to see him go when he has not even been given a chance.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 am

Source ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:54 am

bbc news

also if you use radio five player you can hear the chat when they say about the top manager calling them, i will try and get the time for you.

five live

then click on
5lfd: The Monday Night Club 15 Dec 08
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:59 am

He'll be gone by next week. The chairmen of football clubs get exactly what they deserve sometimes, obsessed as they are with ex Carlos Kickaball's. Here's one for Zara, it's an absolute travesty that Sam Allardyce can't get a job at the moment. This is the fella who took Bolton into Europe, BOLTON FFS!!!! As he once said, if his name was Samuel Allardiccie they'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

Now you've got his ex assistant uprooting trees at Hull, a football man who talks football sense. You've got Redknapp at Spurs who's been an excellent manager for many a year and now is rebuilding the nonsense left behind by Ramos. Redknapp who won silverware with Portsmouth of all clubs, and took them into Europe. You've got Martin O'Neill at Villa who many on here can't abide and think is useless. Same fella got Celtic into a European final (knocking us out on the way) before being robbed by Mourinho's Porto the year before they went one better in the Champions League. He also won silverware with and took Leicester into Europe, Leicester FFS. And this season he looks like he's got half a chance of getting aston Villa into the Champions League. Fecking Irish bogtrotter though, what does he know. Should have sold us Gareth Barry for 10 million quid the little c...

No Ince will get the sack, and they'll get some Scandanavian bloke over who's won the Swedish League title with Malmo or somebody. Good luck to em.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:09 am

The strange thing about Martin O'Neill is that i can not stand the guy but he is a great manager, I think even if he is your manager some fans still hate him, theres just something about him (cold).

as we know Football is all about money, all clubs think they should be top and winning stuff, That radio 5 link is good as it talk about this, some clubs tell their managers that they need to be in the top 4 that year even if the team has no money, they sack the manager when they end up mid table. (where they were only ever going to end up).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am

saying about the link, radio 5 have just cut it down, now its about Rafa, CL, Owen.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 am

Well whenever Rafa is going through one of his strange spells, the question often comes up (usually form the thought police) about who could possibly replace him. If you suggest Mourinho, it's absolute sacrilage and you are a complete c...  This is largely because the feeling is (admittedly probably correctly) that Mourinho himself is an absolute c...  That said, I've personally never really bought into the public persona bit. Players who've played for Mourinho would walk through brick walls for him, and that is ultimately what it's about I reckon. His absence is the main reason i don't think Chelsea will win the title this season put it that way.

I've suggested Martin O' Neill before, sorry, excuse me just a second, back in a minute... DISCLAIMER-I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD REPLACE RAFA, SACK HIM OR ANYTHING ELSE, sorry some fecking idiots @rseing about in the back garden. Now, where was I. Ah yes, Martin O'Neill. I think he's a really good manager, and once again players past and present would walk through a field of broken glass for him. Could he, if he was manager of a big four club get into the top four each season? Course he could. Could he win the occasional cup? Course he could. Could he challenge in Europe? ditto. Could he launch a Premiership challenge? If you gave him a sh!tload of money and four or five seasons I dare say he could yes.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 am

I would have loved to see how some of the manager today would have got on in the days when football was about football. (1980's) Martin O' Neill  i feel would have still done well, but i feel that Mourinho has not got it him him you stay at a club where he cannot buy any player he likes.
there are only a few mangers that can pick a young player and make him a great player, over the years we have been lucky at Liverpool that we have had such managers, but in the time when football is about money and who you can buy, we have not done so well in the Prem. When all the money started to come into the came in the 90's we at Liverpool tried to stay with the old (bring in you young players and build on them), this cost us a place in the top 2 for most of the 90's, on paper we had a great liverpool team, a young Liverpool team, but it was the time of money and buying players to fit your team, Blackburn and Leeds beat us by buying in players when we was still using home talent. so our best team for years got beat.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:40 am

I think Mourinho's Iner Milan are top of Serie A at the moment, and I know they scraped through the Champions League groups. As I have no interest in watching Italian football whatsoever, I've got no idea whether being top is a good achievement or not givne the players at his disposal. Weren't they quite good under Mancini as well?

Whatever anyway, if Mourinho was manager of Chelsea, they would have beaten West Ham the other day. How do i know? I just do.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 am

bigmick wrote:it's an absolute travesty that Sam Allardyce can't get a job at the moment. This is the fella who took Bolton into Europe, BOLTON FFS!!!! As he once said, if his name was Samuel Allardiccie they'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

Was he not investigated on a couple of occassions for corruption? Maybe they could not prove it but know otherwise.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:01 pm

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:it's an absolute travesty that Sam Allardyce can't get a job at the moment. This is the fella who took Bolton into Europe, BOLTON FFS!!!! As he once said, if his name was Samuel Allardiccie they'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

Was he not investigated on a couple of occassions for corruption? Maybe they could not prove it but know otherwise.

Same could be said for Redknapp, and whats more if I was being honest I'd say they were both guilty as sin. Probably after I've taken up gardening and amateur dramatics, the truth about the way football clubs are run in this era will come out.

To my mind it's all bent. George Graham wasn't the only one I'm convinced of it.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:05 pm

I've known quite a few footballers in my time (in my cocktail barman capacity) and I've heard some stories over the years. I don't mean to be flippant though, but if a manager is signing players who ultimately prove to be excellent value, if he gets a kickback off the agent (which is absolutely rife) does it really concern the average fan overly?

Not saying it's right, but as Mike Newell found a coupe of years back, knowing it goes on and proving it is another thing. In that sense, the game is rotten from top to bottom.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:44 pm

The more I hear of Rafa the more I think he is going to be on a par with S+P.  The guys sees teh big picture both professionally at LFC, within the EPL and also at local community level.

If only the club and its owners could be equal to the task.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Common knowledge now but the beeb have confirmed it

Lowly Blackburn sack manager Ince 

Ince's side are second from bottom in the Premier League
Blackburn have sacked manager Paul Ince after only three wins in 17 Premier League games left them languishing second bottom of the table.

Ince left MK Dons in June to join Blackburn, but their last league win was at Newcastle on 27 September.

Chairman John Williams said: "Three wins in 17 games has seen a squad which finished seventh last season fall to 19th place.

"We are currently in danger of becoming detached from the pack."

BBC Sport
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Poor Ince.....:(
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion